Please don't give up on Y&R yet!!!!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
lestress

Re: Please don't give up on Y&R yet!!!!

Postby lestress » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:37 pm

gommie, I knew you had posted that you were going to Utah and Idaho for the holidays and wondered when you would return. I am sorry to hear that you won't be back.

I feel so bad for your nephew. I read something in the newspaper here a week or so ago and I think it may have been about your nephew. It is a travesty!!! Not justice at all. He is a scapegoat and is being made to fall on his sword for higher ups. I wish him, his family all the best and he hopes that he escapes a prison term.

I certainly understand your position about watching a trivial TV show when people's lives are in jeopardy. I guess in a lot of cases it is just something to keep your mind off the serious issues at least for a while.

I am thankful that you came away from the car wreck with only bruises.

Good luck to all of you!

catealy

Postby catealy » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:51 pm

Quote lestress: The thing is that they have gotten rid of John and Ashley is on her way out and who knows who else of the long time cast members may be next. They bring in people like gloria and amber who are so unappealing. Paul hasn't had a storyline in so long and now it looks like his storyline will be as jailer to phelia. They bring a psychic on the show, they have tarot card readings............and yet another stolen baby story with Katherine. And, of course, there is the return of sheila for the umpteenth time....

I too am at wits end with the Y&R writers. It wasn't enough that they got rid of John Abbot, now Ashley will be exiting & Kay & Jill mother & daughter. This has turned into a nightmare. I remember summers spent as a kid and well into my teenage years in front of Y&R and to think that it has come to this. The story line is beginning to make me sick to my stomach. Please let all the crazy crap go before more Y&R fans LET GO! Every sceen with PHELIA in it today, I fast forwarded through. I said last week on a post, if SHELIA stayed for more than a week, I am through watching. I am a loyal fan and started watching back in 1981 as a 7yr old with my mom. I also started watching GL as a young girl but have recently let it go. When one particular cast member got super powers with glowing eyes I did not hesitate to stop watching. PLEASE Y&R writers let the SHELIA BIT GO, OR I WILL HAVE TO LET Y&R GO.

online_mn

Postby online_mn » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:46 pm

As long as the majority of the veterans are still on the show I will still watch reluctantly. I would probably still watch if they bring in actors of equal experience.

The storylines, editting, and overall production are still excellent compared to other soaps, but there has definitely been a decline in quality since the takeover.

The show has gone from fiction -> science fiction

LML must be a Star Trek fan (I am too!) :)

Darlotto

Postby Darlotto » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:48 pm

if we all stop watching the Y&R then LML term as head writer will come to an end thats why I hope no matter how much you like the Y&R you will stop watching this crap that she is doing to this classic show. until LML goes I won't watch the show. we need Jack Smith and Kay Alden back!

shopgirl

Postby shopgirl » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:52 pm

Quote online_mn: As long as the majority of the veterans are still on the show I will still watch reluctantly. I would probably still watch if they bring in actors of equal experience.

The storylines, editting, and overall production are still excellent compared to other soaps, but there has definitely been a decline in quality since the takeover.

The show has gone from fiction -> science fiction

LML must be a Star Trek fan (I am too!) :)

Well I hope Captain Kirk beams LML to another soap and we get some decent writers back ~)

lestress

Postby lestress » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:55 pm

I am a Star Trek fan and a Star Wars fan too but I like my science fiction in a different format I guess. Y&R doesn't do it well.

JTandColleen

Postby JTandColleen » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:13 pm

I will probably stop watching, but I will keep coming on this website to see if it has gotten any better. I don't like that Colleen has been cheating on J.T. Also, I don't like that the writers broke up Sharon and Nick. Maybe the baby will be Jack's, and Phyllis and Jack will reunite.

gommie

Postby gommie » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:08 pm

Dear kimyla, heart and soul, sheri,shopgirl and lestress-
thank you all for your very kind posts-for myself I get better each day-for which I am extremely grateful- I am really upset about the way my nephew is being railroaded and hope that the mothers,wives,sisters, brothers,aunts,uncles of these men will stand up and fight for them-start some kind of movement in their defense-I have no doubt that the American people will join in- there is just so much talk among ourselves about the injustice that is taking place but that is not good enough to help our boys- we need to let the powers that be know we are behind our boys and they will not be railroaded. I can assure you of one thing..My nephew was not walking around Haditha with $30,000 cash in his pants to 'pay' the victims of this 'war crime' someone much higher up the chain of command was in possession of that kind of cash-so where is this leader and why is the buck stopping with my nephew?

thank you all again very much-good luck with the trials and tribulations of Y & R--I will check chit chat now again...gommie

suegerry

Postby suegerry » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:21 pm

Dear Gommie

My thoughts will be with you. Please if you can, continue to post occasionaly. I always enjoyed your post.

Have a Happy Year!

Crzy4yandR

Postby Crzy4yandR » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:25 pm

I loved the mistery of Carmen's murder but in a way I'm glad they have another story-line going with Shelia. I think their dragging their feet a little trying to find out who the Murderer is but I will still watch. I am kind of surprised about what Kay's visions were about. I would like that line to play out maybe someone in G.C. is Jills son. :-)

Return to “The Young and the Restless”