Please don't give up on Y&R yet!!!!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
sheri0082

Please don't give up on Y&R yet!!!!

Postby sheri0082 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:08 pm

I have read quit a few comments that express the dissapointment in the new writers. Some of those who are very dissapointed are concidering giving up on the show. I do agree, some storylines are just so tired, some are heading in the wrong direction, and I can think of one off the top of my head that shouldn't even have been put back into play, but please don't give up.

I think maybe the new writers are expirementing to see what may or may not boost ratings. I'm sure they will eventually realize how a lot of veiwers feel and get back to basics.

But if all the veiwers that have been so devoted for so long(and there seems to be A LOT of us) just give up, the show definetly won't survive.

If we all just keep watching and keep expressing our opinions on the direction it's going, I think the show can be saved and we may get our good old Y&R back.

lestress

Re: Please don't give up on Y&R yet!!!!

Postby lestress » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:14 pm

The thing is that they have gotten rid of John and Ashley is on her way out and who knows who else of the long time cast members may be next. They bring in people like gloria and amber who are so unappealing. Paul hasn't had a storyline in so long and now it looks like his storyline will be as jailer to phelia. They bring a psychic on the show, they have tarot card readings............and yet another stolen baby story with Katherine. And, of course, there is the return of sheila for the umpteenth time....

suegerry

Postby suegerry » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:16 pm

The only show I watch on TV is Y&R and I sometime think I should give it up.

Well I'll have to wait and see. 8)

nurse_magoo

Postby nurse_magoo » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:18 pm

THe writer's have to know that the fans hate this storyline! In the olden days this soap made you feel happy and sad and alot of emotion, now it seems the writer's are aiming for making everyone p....d off! And it's working.

lestress

Postby lestress » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:19 pm

Quote suegery: The only show I watch on TV is Y&R and I sometime think I should give it up.

Well I'll have to wait and see. 8)

The only one I watch too - at least for now.

suegerry

Postby suegerry » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:20 pm

Quote nurse_magoo: THe writer's have to know that the fans hate this storyline! In the olden days this soap made you feel happy and sad and alot of emotion, now it seems the writer's are aiming for making everyone p....d off! And it's working.

I absolutely agree with you. Gone are the days where you could feel good about this show.

lestress

Postby lestress » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:21 pm

Quote nurse_magoo: THe writer's have to know that the fans hate this storyline! In the olden days this soap made you feel happy and sad and alot of emotion, now it seems the writer's are aiming for making everyone p....d off! And it's working.

There are too many "in your face" characters on the show like the three witches phyllis, gloria and amber.

kimyla

Postby kimyla » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:23 pm

Y&R is the only show I watch too.

I am getting to the point that I am considering taking a break from Y&R for a while. Maybe I'll tune in down the road and see if things are looking any better or different for Y&R.

shopgirl

Postby shopgirl » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:31 pm

I certainly agree with what you guys are saying......I always think I will quit watching to, but around 11:00 each day I seem to find myself tuning in!! I guess there is still enough that appeals to me, plus I am an eternal optimist, so am confident the writers will improve things! (Fingers crossed) ;) Most of all I love this board and all the posters, so will keep hanging in there with Y & R :)

lestress

Postby lestress » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:33 pm

I think that the main reason I still watch is cuz I found this board and it is so much fun! Y&R should pay rent to whoever sponsors this board :-)

Return to “The Young and the Restless”