Michelle Stafford leaving Y&R or being FORCED out?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Sunnyflower

Re: Michelle Stafford leaving Y&R or being FORCED out?

Postby Sunnyflower » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:39 pm

I started watching the show because of Phyllis (Phick), and I can't imagine the show without her. I'm would continue to watch and see what happens, I guess....

zonabaseball

Postby zonabaseball » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:47 pm

Oh and by the way... I am not sure I believe this at all! Her character doesn't have a whole lot going on right now, but that doesn't mean anything. I think the reason this rumor surfaced is because there isn't a whole lot going on for her character right now.

twocentsworth

Postby twocentsworth » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:52 pm

Quote seattlegirl: I hope Michelle Stafford doesn't go...she has become a staple character on the show. I think her s/l are getting boring with Nick though and I think they need to let the old Phyllis out a little bit.

I agree with you and hope Michelle will remain on the show...

myfavoritsoap

Postby myfavoritsoap » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:38 pm

Where do they come up with some of this stuff? Michelle is a great actress, an asset to the show - look at her history. I just hope it is NOT true......listen, if they want to reduce staff, why not can Chloe or Cane? or Colleen or that kid singer now Devon's little sister. Better still if they are cutting staff, why not get rid of the current writer that created the whole Chloe/Cane S/L and hire a writer with some people skills. Surely a soap with 35yrs history has the where- with- all to screen writers/ at least have them review the previous s/l's JMO :|

cats meow

Postby cats meow » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:48 pm

[quote zonabaseball]...The first post in this thread contains a link to an article from the mods of this site. Please go read it! It will enlighten you!

thank you so much, the article was great

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:56 pm

Quote valleycliffe: i have watched y & r for the better part of 30+ yrs. y & r was #1 before ms and will be #1 if ms was to leave. i watch for all the characters cause i am a fan of the show, not just 1 character.
should ms decide to leave, i say farewell, god speed and i hope you find what you are looking for

Here is something we can all agree on. The honchos at SONY and CBS don't give a leap about what happened 20 or 30 years ago. The care about how many folks in the target age group can they deliver to the folks who pay their very big salaries. That is ALL they care about.
No one actress or actor is the be all or end all of the show. BUT all three actress: Eileen Davidson, Victoria Rowell and Michelle Stafford have large fan bases. When these ladies leave, its gives their fans one more reason NOT to watch the show.

Here is a FACT. In 2008, Y&R is drawing about half the audience that it drew in the 1980's. It's not one big blow that is hurting the show, it's like Nelson Branco said, it's death by a thousand little cuts.

Here is another fact. If Y&R was drawing a 3.7 rating in the 1980's, it would be cancelled.

gymnast14

Postby gymnast14 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:56 pm

Michelle Stafford is an amazing actress.She can act out any thing and make it amazing.She adds humor where there needs to be and she can be serious at times also.If she were to leave I would probably stop watching.If it's her choice to leave Y&R than she probably has a good reason why she wants to leave but if she is being forced out then Y&R is making a huge mistake and will have to pay the price by loosing some viewers.

atina selim

Postby atina selim » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:47 pm

every since william bell's passing this show has been on the decline,so i'm saying adios and i hope that other true fans will leave too

they play up the dumb ass chloe storyline
don't they know that women are living vicariously through
cane and lily we like to see romance prevail for a change

the writers just don't get it!

LynCooToo

Postby LynCooToo » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:48 pm

Quote Snizzle: why would they have to get rid of MS???? please someone explain it to me.

Just my thoughts -

Edit,for actor bashing.Please review our guidelines.Mod

bestlurker

Postby bestlurker » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:52 pm

Quote LynCooToo: [quote]Quote Snizzle: why would they have to get rid of MS???? please someone explain it to me.

Just my thoughts - ~~~~~~~~~

Edit,for actor bashing.Mod

/quote]
I doubt it. I've read numerous times that these two actress were good friends in real life. And some of the interviews by both actress I've read tend to show that too.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”