Rebbeca's accent seems.......

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
heart and soul

Rebbeca's accent seems.......

Postby heart and soul » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:06 am

to have disappeared today 12-4-06. She spoke without her accent. Why? ~)

courtneykorbel

Re: Rebbeca's accent seems.......

Postby courtneykorbel » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:10 am

I noticed this too! Maybe when she gets really stressed out she loses her accent...or maybe she just forgot to have it today :-)

nyaccent

Postby nyaccent » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:15 am

To be honest with you, her accent didn't seem to be stong any day...I noticed that from the time she came on the show. All the people that I know that have been in the concentration camps, have very strong accents even though they have been in America for a very long time..And Rebecca's accent didn't EVER seem to match those real life people....And yes today it was even less....

glowery

Postby glowery » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:23 am

Quote nyaccent: To be honest with you, her accent didn't seem to be stong any day...I noticed that from the time she came on the show. All the people that I know that have been in the concentration camps, have very strong accents even though they have been in America for a very long time..And Rebecca's accent didn't EVER seem to match those real life people....And yes today it was even less....

Okay I just have to share this with you all now that I have composed myself and dried the tears from laughing so hard.

I had just been to the Guiding Light message board and made a post, I had Reva on my mind I guess and when I first glanced at this topic, I read it as Reva's accent instead of Rebecca. When I got to the part about the concentration camp I just lost it cause I realized the mistake I had made. Oh Brother, I need to go to bed, my eyes must really be tired :-) :-) :-)

nyaccent

Postby nyaccent » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:15 am

Sweet Dreams....lol that was funny...

mckenziejo

Postby mckenziejo » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:44 am

Quote glowery:
Quote nyaccent: To be honest with you, her accent didn't seem to be stong any day...I noticed that from the time she came on the show. All the people that I know that have been in the concentration camps, have very strong accents even though they have been in America for a very long time..And Rebecca's accent didn't EVER seem to match those real life people....And yes today it was even less....

Okay I just have to share this with you all now that I have composed myself and dried the tears from laughing so hard.

I had just been to the Guiding Light message board and made a post, I had Reva on my mind I guess and when I first glanced at this topic, I read it as Reva's accent instead of Rebecca. When I got to the part about the concentration camp I just lost it cause I realized the mistake I had made. Oh Brother, I need to go to bed, my eyes must really be tired :-) :-) :-)

is there a point---or just chit chat?

glowery

Postby glowery » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:28 am

Does it make a difference?

lestress

Postby lestress » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:01 am

On some message boards you must stay stricly on the subject or your posts are deleted. That is why I like this board, we are allowed to "transgress" without penalty :-) Some topics and posts are deleted on other boards because they are deemed to be "frivolous". I took exception to this and wrote to one of the moderators about it. A message board for a soap opera IS frivolous in of itself so how can a topic or post be called frivolous? You would think we were discussing the Greek philosophers or something ~)

glowery

Postby glowery » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:19 am

Right on!! :)

Return to “The Young and the Restless”