The Emmy Nominations

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!

Re: The Emmy Nominations

Postby yrjazy » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:50 pm

Quote tinny: Anyone one know the link to see the nominees this year. Can someone please post it. thanks

Peter Bergman (Jack) was nominated for outstanding lead actor. Here's the full list of nominees.

Postby sarab » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:39 pm

Okay, tammin sursok gets nominated in a category, but Melody Thomas Scott doesn't?? The end is truly near :-)

Postby bubble303 » Fri May 02, 2008 3:21 pm

Congrats to all the stars but I have to say it's about time DAYS gets some nominations...they completely forgot about them for all these years!!! ~)

Postby KeepingItReal » Fri May 02, 2008 4:19 pm

Here is an official link to the Daytimes Emmies are Fixed and Y&R being the worst soap last year and yet they got the most nod.....

LMBO what some of us have alwaaaaaays thought. No wonder VR got fed up with crap! >( :-) >(

Just click on the link :D

Postby KeepingItReal » Fri May 02, 2008 4:23 pm

Title of the Article:

Worst in Show
By Nelson Branco

Need another reason to justify 'Daytime Emmy Award' reform? Check out the shocking nominations for this year's 35th annual kudofest!

Here's when it will be on:

The 35th annual Daytime Entertainment Emmy Awards will air live at 8 p.m. ET during a three-hour telecast on June 20 live from L.A.’s Kodak Theater.

Yeah, I know not aloud to copy yada yada yada....but it not the whole article.

Enjoy reading.

Postby Soulsistah » Fri May 02, 2008 5:08 pm

Thanks KIR. :) Yep, apparently there are others who are "shocked" at MTS omission from the leading lady category, as well as the ludicrous nom for Y&R for best day time drama?! 8) 8) That's a definite head scratcher.

But the article points out why the nominations are so bad this's all about popularity; demonstrated talent is an after-thought I guess. :~ Great read.

Postby soapfann » Fri May 02, 2008 6:32 pm

Quote momajenny:
Quote Texas Sunflower: Well, congraulations to Michael, Devon, Neil, Kevin and Lauren, but I am sorry to say that is all I would vote for.

One newbie didn't have a storyline and one has already left. Enough said.

devon didn't do anything in the last year. NO storyline for him. I would rather see one of the babies as outstanding younger actor than Bryton. We saw them more than Bryton.

He did go through the meningitis thing and had the coclear implants... Oh, and found a girlfriend, kind of.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”