Coffee time (General chat thread)

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Trina_P

Re: Coffee time (General chat thread)

Postby Trina_P » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:56 pm

JackieOmy wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: I am lmao right now. I posted a post yesterday I THOUGHT in this thread where it should have been but I just found it in the WHY DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR USERNAME THREAD.... :lol: :lol: :lol: I could not figure out where the heck it went......the other posters in the other thread must think I am a nut!! I copied and pasted it below ...............

You all got me going about roasts in the crock pot so I did make one today and it will be ready in a bit. OMG it smells so good. Roast with onions potatoes and carrots...I put a bit of red wine, a tiny bit of worstershire and then brown gravy and a jar of Heinz homestyle gravy and I put a tad of water too. I just checked it and it is perfect. :) :) :) Sometimes I use cream of mushroom soup mixed too. This with a tossed green salad and a bottle of merlot.................good stuff my friends.

Also if you google 3 envelope roast or 3 packet envelope roast you will see the recipe. My best friend swears by it and she has 2 ways of doing it.. I have yet to try it but I will.

Whats for dinner??????? :D :D :D

Totally something I would do! I am forever hitting "submit" before I proofread especially.

JackieOmy

Postby JackieOmy » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:02 pm

I just went out for a long beach walk and wow did it cool off!! Anyhow whats for dinner??? Anyone cooking up a storm today or making anything good??

I am making hubby Shrimp Fra Diavolo, very delicious very easy he loves it~~ and a tossed salad which I have with every meal.......

JackieOmy

Postby JackieOmy » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:34 pm

and wine :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NJ SOAP LADY

Postby NJ SOAP LADY » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:30 pm

JackieOmy wrote:I just went out for a long beach walk and wow did it cool off!! Anyhow whats for dinner??? Anyone cooking up a storm today or making anything good??

I am making hubby Shrimp Fra Diavolo, very delicious very easy he loves it~~ and a tossed salad which I have with every meal.......

The chili yesterdsy, my son packing it up he will get 5 meals out of it
Vegetable soup simmering. House smells sp good

donnashere4454

Postby donnashere4454 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:40 pm

JackieOmy wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: I am lmao right now. I posted a post yesterday I THOUGHT in this thread where it should have been but I just found it in the WHY DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR USERNAME THREAD.... :lol: :lol: :lol: I could not figure out where the heck it went......the other posters in the other thread must think I am a nut!! I copied and pasted it below ...............

You all got me going about roasts in the crock pot so I did make one today and it will be ready in a bit. OMG it smells so good. Roast with onions potatoes and carrots...I put a bit of red wine, a tiny bit of worstershire and then brown gravy and a jar of Heinz homestyle gravy and I put a tad of water too. I just checked it and it is perfect. :) :) :) Sometimes I use cream of mushroom soup mixed too. This with a tossed green salad and a bottle of merlot.................good stuff my friends.

Also if you google 3 envelope roast or 3 packet envelope roast you will see the recipe. My best friend swears by it and she has 2 ways of doing it.. I have yet to try it but I will.

Whats for dinner??????? :D :D :D

Glad ya found it ! And no i dont think your nuts just a human with a great sense of humor that can actually laugh at themselves :-) ... I love sharing recipes to especially low carb ones!

mayre

Postby mayre » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:54 pm

JackieOmy wrote:Oh nice! Well my crock pot roast came out great!! Pot roast, potatoes, carrots, and I used onions, a bit of red wine and worstershire sauce and them topped it with beef gravy. It was great!! Salad, and a glass of merlot to top it off :)

Do you sear it on all sides on the stove before you put it in the crock?

lunkaford

Postby lunkaford » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:14 pm

I love all these recipes and cooking ideas ! I am Irish and, with the exception of leg of lamb, Irish food bites (pun intended)

JackieOmy

Postby JackieOmy » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:40 pm

mayre wrote:
JackieOmy wrote:Oh nice! Well my crock pot roast came out great!! Pot roast, potatoes, carrots, and I used onions, a bit of red wine and worstershire sauce and them topped it with beef gravy. It was great!! Salad, and a glass of merlot to top it off :)

Nope I have been making crock pot roasts of all kinds and searing is not at all necessary and I have never done it not even once.

mayre

Postby mayre » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:09 pm

JackieOmy wrote:
mayre wrote:

Nope I have been making crock pot roasts of all kinds and searing is not at all necessary and I have never done it not even once.

I've never tried not searing mine-maybe I will try it next time (:

JackieOmy

Postby JackieOmy » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:12 pm

Try it, trust me. My mom always seared the crock pot roast before hand and I truly never tasted the difference. I guess it may be a personal thing based on taste .....

Return to “The Young and the Restless”