Destroying the Abbotts

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
SadieM

Destroying the Abbotts

Postby SadieM » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:51 pm

I dislike what is happening to the Abbotts. John and Colleen and Delia were already killed off. Now Ashley is leaving. Jack and Ashley never hurt each other to this extent and Ashley's paternity was never made a big issue. Traci is not around much. And Billy is gross now. Who will be left? Just Kyle? Dislike this writing.

Acadia_ca

Re: Destroying the Abbotts

Postby Acadia_ca » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:59 pm

They're replacing the Abbott family as a core family with the Rosales family.

suzziy

Postby suzziy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:47 pm

Acadia_ca wrote:They're replacing the Abbott family as a core family with the Rosales family.

Yes indeed. Let's see ... we have new focus on the Rosales family in addition to the Ashby's and Winters. Congrats ... we are now politically correct as the show is now ethnically diverse!

Barbyboo

Postby Barbyboo » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:50 am

suzziy wrote:
Acadia_ca wrote:They're replacing the Abbott family as a core family with the Rosales family.

Yes indeed. Let's see ... we have new focus on the Rosales family in addition to the Ashby's and Winters. Congrats ... we are now politically correct as the show is now ethnically diverse!
it’s about time! I like them I don’t care what they are...all work hard just not rich..I am enjoying the addition....and good looking to boot

Barbyboo

Postby Barbyboo » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:51 am

suzziy wrote:

the winters are boreing to max

NJ SOAP LADY

Postby NJ SOAP LADY » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:17 am

Ashley will be around until end of October. .....they need to redeem her. Have jack realize why she did it. Have them be okay
Give her good job at jabot. .....oversee European offices.
Mal Young shouldn't destroy a core family.

emmanuella

Postby emmanuella » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:31 pm

The character of Ashley was totally ruined as was that of Chelsea. The fact Ashley's father was not John was dealt with years ago and she had accepted it. The whole historical relationship between Jack and Ashley was changed. I believe the tory was changed when Ashley character was ,leaving. We have the whole business of the key, picture Dina and victor showing up at the film about Dina. It is terrible writing. In a year Y and R will end.

emmanuella

Postby emmanuella » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:34 pm

Suzzly I agree. It is complete with an Asian male assistant to replace Gloria. The essence of what was Y and R is gone. There is no reason to watch anymore.

lindaj18

Postby lindaj18 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:38 pm

I disagree. jack did make a HUGE deal out of Ashley not being a "real Abbott". That's why he put that blood Abbott clause in the by-laws. Jack has always put Jack first, ahead of anyone else. I agree with Ashley on this one. Jack treated her like trash.

Acadia_ca

Postby Acadia_ca » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:54 pm

lindaj18 wrote:I disagree. jack did make a HUGE deal out of Ashley not being a "real Abbott". That's why he put that blood Abbott clause in the by-laws. Jack has always put Jack first, ahead of anyone else. I agree with Ashley on this one. Jack treated her like trash.

That is not why the blood Abbott Clause was added.

Jack had that put in a long time ago when he had gone through his first divorce with Phyllis.

When Jack decided to stay home and look after Dina he put Ashley in the role of in term CEO. But he found that he wasn't happy just staying home looking after Dina and he wanted his seat back so he took it back. Ashley did not like that so she called a board meeting and had him voted out stating that he was stretched too thin and wasn't fit to be CEO. Ashley then took over.

Jack was trying to find a way back into his seat without using the Blood Abbott Clause. And he agonized over it. He realize that that was the only way he was going to get Ashley out of that seat and himself back into it.

And that's when Ashley set her plan into motion to get Jack out of the CEO seat, Billy in so he would remove the Clause, and then Ashley would take it back again. Only Billy became Power hungry thanks to Phyllis whispering in his ear.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”