MY is a genius !!!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
SadieM

Re: MY is a genius !!!

Postby SadieM » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:03 pm

He destroys characters so they can't return. NOt a good thing IMO. He gets rid of veteran characters.

BeccaRedHead

Postby BeccaRedHead » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:44 pm

oltluver wrote:I've been watching soaps since I was a kid and this soap since it started, and reading this board for years mainly to hear everyone's opinion. Most times, I stick with mine but I listen to others. This is my first post and I had to come on and say that as a true soap fan that believes in the drama, the glory, the love stories, and the ugliness of it all -- Mal Young's stories so far have been genius.

SOAPY, SOAPY, SOAPY !!! Pulling at everyone's emotions --- shocking --- well planned and thought out, with HUGE PAYOFFS!

Jack's paternity story is what got me here. As painful as it was for Jack, and despicable for Ashley to do -- it was an awesome journey, with a lot of players and moving parts. I can't wait to see the fallout. (I believe that ED will be back-- I could be wrong though.)

I love Billy and he's done some low stuff, but I never thought that he would sleep with Phyllis while she was married to Jack. But he was somewhat redeemed only to sleep with Summer as payback - genius! Maybe Summer, Phyllis, and Nick will all see how destructive their behaviors have been.

The Ladies Crime Club is a great story. 4 women, 3 of whom really don't like each other, now depend on & protect each other. Who's knows where this will lead.

He has Victor quiet for a spell and not poking in everyone's else business - and although I know he'll be back, it's a nice change of pace.

Sharon has been rebuilt to the intent of her original character, and for those of you who still want her head on a platter, I'm sure that MY will have her do some stupid stuff every now and then. But hopefully the complete character change won't happen again.

I could go on but will just say for now, for me, MY is 2nd or 3rd to Bill Bell at this point. My favs may not always look favorable, but I know that it's part of the story and that he will redeem them. In the past, I felt like JFP and MB destroyed characters just for a story. Each of his stories so far have a soapsie rationale, whether we agree with it or not.

So enjoy the ride as I am. And have a soapy day my friends !! :D

Great post! I totally agree with you. Think of how boring it would be if none of the stories brought out our emotions, no matter what emotion it brought.

I’m glad to see veteran soap watchers like you who can appreciate change. I know (from what I’ve read on here) thatmost if the long time fans do not like change, if they had their way it would be exactly the way it was 35 years ago. Can you imagine that? :(

janesBydiction

Postby janesBydiction » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:42 pm

I'm enjoying the show at the moment. It's really must see tv.

That opinion may change in a week or so. But as of now, I'm into it.

Likeyfan

Re: MY is a genius !!!p

Postby Likeyfan » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:09 am

SadieM wrote:He destroys characters so they can't return. NOt a good thing IMO. He gets rid of veteran characters.

Yes, and one thing is sure, he's a genius for that. He's the worst HW.
It's not because fans love how a story ends that means he's a genius. Jack finally is an Abbott but I doubt it was the goal of MY, he was forced to do it because no one loved it. I bet SONY/CBS stepped in to force him to do it. He threw Ashley under the bus for that and b/c ED decided to leave and she leaves b/c she dislikes MY and she made it clear she'd be ready to return when he'll leave.

When an actor/actress decides to leave, hw run his/her character. He ruined Chelsea and she was back being a con, Hillary was killed, Ashley is thre one who twisted the DNA tests of Jack.

Yes he's a genius by ruining this show.

JackieOmy

Postby JackieOmy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:24 am

BeccaRedHead wrote:Great post! I totally agree with you. Think of how boring it would be if none of the stories brought out our emotions, no matter what emotion it brought.

I’m glad to see veteran soap watchers like you who can appreciate change. I know (from what I’ve read on here) thatmost if the long time fans do not like change, if they had their way it would be exactly the way it was 35 years ago. Can you imagine that? :(

I really cannot speak for all the long time viewers like myself but for me I did love the show more long ago, yes. But I still love it and of course I do not want it the same I want new and vibrant story lines the way they used to be written with rich detail and making you run to your tv with lunch in hand looking forward to the great writing. I think the show is great but Bell wrote such great stories.

rediculous

Postby rediculous » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:31 am

BeccaRedHead wrote:
oltluver wrote:I've been watching soaps since I was a kid and this soap since it started, and reading this board for years mainly to hear everyone's opinion. Most times, I stick with mine but I listen to others. This is my first post and I had to come on and say that as a true soap fan that believes in the drama, the glory, the love stories, and the ugliness of it all -- Mal Young's stories so far have been genius.

SOAPY, SOAPY, SOAPY !!! Pulling at everyone's emotions --- shocking --- well planned and thought out, with HUGE PAYOFFS!

Jack's paternity story is what got me here. As painful as it was for Jack, and despicable for Ashley to do -- it was an awesome journey, with a lot of players and moving parts. I can't wait to see the fallout. (I believe that ED will be back-- I could be wrong though.)

I love Billy and he's done some low stuff, but I never thought that he would sleep with Phyllis while she was married to Jack. But he was somewhat redeemed only to sleep with Summer as payback - genius! Maybe Summer, Phyllis, and Nick will all see how destructive their behaviors have been.

The Ladies Crime Club is a great story. 4 women, 3 of whom really don't like each other, now depend on & protect each other. Who's knows where this will lead.

He has Victor quiet for a spell and not poking in everyone's else business - and although I know he'll be back, it's a nice change of pace.

Sharon has been rebuilt to the intent of her original character, and for those of you who still want her head on a platter, I'm sure that MY will have her do some stupid stuff every now and then. But hopefully the complete character change won't happen again.

I could go on but will just say for now, for me, MY is 2nd or 3rd to Bill Bell at this point. My favs may not always look favorable, but I know that it's part of the story and that he will redeem them. In the past, I felt like JFP and MB destroyed characters just for a story. Each of his stories so far have a soapsie rationale, whether we agree with it or not.

So enjoy the ride as I am. And have a soapy day my friends !! :D

Great post! I totally agree with you. Think of how boring it would be if none of the stories brought out our emotions, no matter what emotion it brought.

ICAM...change is always good...I've been watching since the first show aired...new characters are a must....I think MY is doing a great job..

alan650

Postby alan650 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:53 am

I thought this was a sarcastic post before clicking! Mal Young has RUINED this show for me. It is a complete BORE. The static repeating storylines that go on for weeks and weeks put me to sleep and I finally hit DELETE on my Tivo for this soap. Mal Young needs fired ASAP and we need a writer to shoot adrenaline into this quickly fading show.

CarselSoap

Postby CarselSoap » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:06 am

SadieM wrote:He destroys characters so they can't return. NOt a good thing IMO. He gets rid of veteran characters.

Which veteran character did he get rid of? MCE left because she wanted to, ED is leaving because she wants to, the actress that plays Lilly wanted to go on recurring status....

NJ SOAP LADY

Postby NJ SOAP LADY » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:20 am

CarselSoap wrote:

Which veteran character did he get rid of? MCE left because she wanted to, ED is leaving because she wants to, the actress that plays Lilly wanted to go on recurring status....

Doug Davidson

dawn888

Re: MY is a genius !!!p

Postby dawn888 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:33 am

Likeyfan wrote:

Yes, and one thing is sure, he's a genius for that. He's the worst HW.
It's not because fans love how a story ends that means he's a genius. Jack finally is an Abbott but I doubt it was the goal of MY, he was forced to do it because no one loved it. I bet SONY/CBS stepped in to force him to do it. He threw Ashley under the bus for that and b/c ED decided to leave and she leaves b/c she dislikes MY and she made it clear she'd be ready to return when he'll leave.

When an actor/actress decides to leave, hw run his/her character. He ruined Chelsea and she was back being a con, Hillary was killed, Ashley is thre one who twisted the DNA tests of Jack.

Yes he's a genius by ruining this show.

the show is shock and awe, this head writer has the lowest ratings ever. Even the wedding and the blowout about phyllis/nick didn't bump the ratings.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”