Sharon Graduation

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
janetb

Re: Sharon Graduation

Postby janetb » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:53 pm

LoganH8tr wrote:Where were Faith and Doris???

Surely Sharon would have wanted to share this milestone in her life with her daughter and mother.

We haven't seen or heard about Doris in years, I wouldn't expect her at the graduation. Was Faith even mentioned or is she still supposed to be away at camp.

Riskybeee

Postby Riskybeee » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:21 pm

andhearts87 wrote:
Riskybeee wrote:I just don't think she is smart enough to do a degree at all LMAO! They can give her all the pieces of paper they want to but they can't grow her a brain! :lol: :lol: :lol: She is also super lazy!

I agree, and as much as I like them changing her character to be a good role model, finishing her degree would never happen this quickly. She is not smart. She's sweet, and is becoming more discerning, but she's not book smart. When she wrote that letter about her life to that veterinarian (can't remember his name) a few years back, she wrote down that her life with nick was a "fairey tale." That shocked me so much that I have never forgotten it, lol!

LOLOL yes thank you! It would be like Nick going to get his Ph'd and finishing it off in a few months on top of the insult! Just NOT believable! :lol: :lol:

Yes, the vet Sam when she left her kids for dead!! I am surprised I don't remember that line. Classic Sharon!

clicquot1

Postby clicquot1 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:32 pm

LMBO! Sharon was a honor student in HS...........................................NOT Nick, though! 8-) ;)

cricket got her college degree & law school(usually at least 5 years)................in around 1.5 years!

Every character that is working on their degree..............................gets it SORAS'D!

Just like the soapy soapy soapy kids are...........................some even get super duper super SORAS'D like the most recent Ashby kids did! :mrgreen: :roll:

ThornsandRoses

Postby ThornsandRoses » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:55 pm

Linkeav wrote:Okay - who is coming up with this graduation farce. Being a mother who got her degree later in life, there is no way she in reality could have done what they are incenuating that she has done. I worked 40 hours a week, went to school full time at night, took care of two children with very little help from anyone. Sharon is portrayed as working part time, going to school during the day, taking care of two children with a babysitter and live in lover and supposedly studying and actually passing courses that I know she could not accomplish even with all the help she had. And becoming the speaker at her graduation is another farce. No way - so writers quit trying to make people look like something they aren't cause I know NONE of you know what it's like to struggle as a woman and mother trying to fulfill our full potential with little to no help. Congratulations on the insult!! Just something else to add to your inability to write.

Not sure which "degree" you are referring to or what you mean by "later in life". I can say that the ceremony for my Master's Degree was in September. I was active duty Air Force so I often worked more than 40 hours a week. And yes, I went to school full-time nights and weekends. Sometimes I couldn't attend the regular classes because of my military duties and had to make it up. What the writers did with Sharon is not that "unbelievable" if one keeps in mind that their experiences in life aren't necessary the only way "life happens"!

LoganH8tr

Postby LoganH8tr » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:51 pm

janetb wrote:
LoganH8tr wrote:Where were Faith and Doris???

Surely Sharon would have wanted to share this milestone in her life with her daughter and mother.

We haven't seen or heard about Doris in years, I wouldn't expect her at the graduation. Was Faith even mentioned or is she still supposed to be away at camp.

I don't know if she was mentioned...I FF all those scenes :lol:

Maybe Doris can't get around and needs a new wheelchair. Too bad her daughter doesn't care enough about her to check on her

MissKitty13

Postby MissKitty13 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:56 pm

ANorris wrote:
MissKitty13 wrote:Sharon graduating is merely a plot point to enable the G.C.P.D. to hire her so that Rey can get close to her and glean information about J.T.'s disappearance. He figures that she is the weak link amongst the 4 women.

Stupid? That doesn't even come close to describing this idiotic story. :lol:

Sharon was "finishing her degree" that she had started before kids and a busy life took over! They never said that she began and finished her 4 year degree in a year! I think it was a good story amongst some duds! It does seem that some posters are more upset that Sharon actually completed something that she started LOL but I do agree that her graduation with a degree will allow her to work more closely with Rey at the GCPD...

+++++++++++++++++++++
Hi ANorris.....I don't have a problem with Sharon getting a degree. It was the timing of her getting her degree.....as a plot point for her working at the G.C.P.D. They don't have graduations in September as far as I know and the idea of her being thrust into Rey's world came on so suddenly. THAT's the part I found ridiculous. I like Sharon and I like Rey........oh! :D

Return to “The Young and the Restless”