Shake up at CBS, Les Moonves

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
ghxfan19835
Posts: 1754
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:40 pm

Re: Shake up at CBS, Les Moonves

Postby ghxfan19835 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:09 pm

myfavs100 wrote:Remember the thread I started? My guess is that it is 50 / 50 whether Y&R is cancelled. It might depend on the payouts.


oh, god, you may be right, stay tuned......

ghxfan19835
Posts: 1754
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:40 pm

Re: Shake up at CBS, Les Moonves

Postby ghxfan19835 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:10 pm

Riskybeee wrote:IDK hard to say what anyone did or didn't know to be fair!!!


YES, let's not go assuming anything.. these things snowball after that...

User avatar
lunkaford
Posts: 1997
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:41 pm

Re: Shake up at CBS, Les Moonves

Postby lunkaford » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:29 pm

I don't care if Les or his wife lost their jobs! I care about my soaps. Talk shows cost so much less productionally that less revenue still eguals higher profit shares.


ghxfan19835
Posts: 1754
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:40 pm

Re: Shake up at CBS, Les Moonves

Postby ghxfan19835 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:37 pm

DavidaMBurns wrote:I am well aware that Ms. Gilbert created The Talk. I think she is nasty because she turned on Roseanne Barr publicly whereas other cast mates of the Roseanne show did not, ie: John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf,and Estelle Parsons. I feel Ms. Barr gave Ms. Gilbert her first major start in show business and that is the thanks she got for it. She is entitled to her opinion but it could have been kept private. Ms. Gilbert, on her own, is like watching paint dry. She has the personality of a cactus. Yet she runs her mouth when surrounded by her like minded peeps who have her back. I don't like The Talk for the simple fact it replaced One Life To Live for one thing. I can't stand loud mouth obnoxious Sharon Osborne. Ms. Gilbert may have created the show but where her presence at that table matters is beyond me. Just my opinion.


The Talk is on CBS so it replaced ATWT, but your point stands.

As for Sara Gilbert, I know virtually nothing about what happened behind the scenes, but I think that what was done to Roseanne Barr will in time be seen as a gross overreaction.
I won't go into the stuff about her tweets, but Roseanne was and always will be the star of that show. She got real lucky with the cast that was hired to play her family (SG, JG and LM are great but too often the show's other stars were lost in their shadow, particularly Lecy Goranson, who was every bit as good as SG).
But Roseanne is the main draw and she is a huge star for a reason. They can go and try to make an example out of her, but this was overkill, and this spin-off is a slap in the face to fans! I sure won't be watching. ABC is going to be disappointed when the ratings drop compared to season 10 becomes apparent.

ghxfan19835
Posts: 1754
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:40 pm

Re: Shake up at CBS, Les Moonves

Postby ghxfan19835 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:44 pm

lunkaford wrote:I watch tv and sports to "escape." I am so sick of these over-rated and over-paid Hollywood and Sports people trying to be the moral majority and shoving their ethics and morals down my throat. Are there bad people, yes! However, TinselTown is the most tarnished in the Country! I should not have to listen to them and I won't! Probably why NFL viewership DOWN, award show viewership Down and we would rather watch soaps then listen to these idiots on talk shows.


Justice is all good; witch-hunts and overkill aren't. The tricky part is seeking the correct balance.

ghxfan19835
Posts: 1754
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:40 pm

Re: Shake up at CBS, Les Moonves

Postby ghxfan19835 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:51 pm

effers wrote:
Fishstick wrote:Julie Chen is out. Hope the rest of the show follows.


Julie Chen chose to quit. I am willing to bet the show does better than ever.


It will become a revolving door like they have on The View.

ghxfan19835
Posts: 1754
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:40 pm

Re: Shake up at CBS, Les Moonves

Postby ghxfan19835 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:56 pm

mayre wrote:
TXproud wrote:
DavidaMBurns wrote:I am well aware that Ms. Gilbert created The Talk. I think she is nasty because she turned on Roseanne Barr publicly whereas other cast mates of the Roseanne show did not, ie: John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf,and Estelle Parsons. I feel Ms. Barr gave Ms. Gilbert her first major start in show business and that is the thanks she got for it. She is entitled to her opinion but it could have been kept private. Ms. Gilbert, on her own, is like watching paint dry. She has the personality of a cactus. Yet she runs her mouth when surrounded by her like minded peeps who have her back. I don't like The Talk for the simple fact it replaced One Life To Live for one thing. I can't stand loud mouth obnoxious Sharon Osborne. Ms. Gilbert may have created the show but where her presence at that table matters is beyond me. Just my opinion.


I'm not a fan of Ms. Gilbert nor the Talk. Won't watch The Connors either and hope it falls flat on it's behind too.
I do have to correct the bold though. One Life To Live was on ABC not CBS and was replaced by another horrible/worthless talk show called the View. I'm still PO about that too. JS



ITA!!!!


adding my own bold to the comment above about ABC's plan to try to cash in on the Roseanne show, without its star... I heard they added a wife for DJ to the cast.. yeah, good luck with that!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ghxfan19835
Posts: 1754
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:40 pm

Re: Shake up at CBS, Les Moonves

Postby ghxfan19835 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:10 pm

Lifetime Viewer wrote:
DavidaMBurns wrote:I am well aware that Ms. Gilbert created The Talk. I think she is nasty because she turned on Roseanne Barr publicly whereas other cast mates of the Roseanne show did not, ie: John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf,and Estelle Parsons. I feel Ms. Barr gave Ms. Gilbert her first major start in show business and that is the thanks she got for it. She is entitled to her opinion but it could have been kept private. Ms. Gilbert, on her own, is like watching paint dry. She has the personality of a cactus. Yet she runs her mouth when surrounded by her like minded peeps who have her back. I don't like The Talk for the simple fact it replaced One Life To Live for one thing. I can't stand loud mouth obnoxious Sharon Osborne. Ms. Gilbert may have created the show but where her presence at that table matters is beyond me. Just my opinion.


I so, so, so, so, so AGREE WITH YOU!!! I despise "The Talk." I know that is a strong word....and I'm a very loving person.....but I detest that show. The women on there make me sick. Millionaire women trying to be relevant to the middle class. I still miss ATWT....and it's been a long time off the air. Sara Gilbert would be nothing without Roseanne Barr. Nothing. But, fickle people forget. "The Connors" will be nothing without Roseanne. I give it a year. What goes around comes around. Roseanne was flat out terribly wrong, but she has apologized over and over again. Some people are forgiven and others have to wear a stone around their necks for the rest of their lives. But, bottom line, Sara Gilbert would be nothing without being put on Roseanne years ago. Let's see if Sara Gilbert makes "The Connors" a hit. I wouldn't hold my breath.


I don't hate The Talk but it's not Must-See TV by any means, and I am so glad to see people still giving CBS hell for cancelling ATWT, even 8 years later. I am sure CBS execs didn't expect to be seeing such fierce fan loyalty for this long. If they wanted to slash the budgets, they should have reduced ATWT back to 30 minutes, which would have kept stories fresh, and then done a short version of a talk show for the other half of the hour -- everybody wins!!

As for the new Roseanne show without Roseanne, ABC is nuts if it thinks it's going to be seeing $$$ $ign$ or huge $yndication deals with this spinoff they are peddling. Fans of Barr won't tune in, and people who are glad she got fired weren't viewers to begin with and won't start now. It is destined to sink fast. The canned laughter type of sitcom is on its way out. Only big stars and brief interest in revivals propelled Season 10 to such brief highs. It was bound to dip even if Barr had returned. I applaud SG for bringing Roseanne back, but going on with the show like this is them trying to salvage a total mess.

User avatar
Lifetime Viewer
Posts: 3223
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:56 pm

Re: Shake up at CBS, Les Moonves

Postby Lifetime Viewer » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:19 pm

ghxfan19835 wrote:
DavidaMBurns wrote:I am well aware that Ms. Gilbert created The Talk. I think she is nasty because she turned on Roseanne Barr publicly whereas other cast mates of the Roseanne show did not, ie: John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf,and Estelle Parsons. I feel Ms. Barr gave Ms. Gilbert her first major start in show business and that is the thanks she got for it. She is entitled to her opinion but it could have been kept private. Ms. Gilbert, on her own, is like watching paint dry. She has the personality of a cactus. Yet she runs her mouth when surrounded by her like minded peeps who have her back. I don't like The Talk for the simple fact it replaced One Life To Live for one thing. I can't stand loud mouth obnoxious Sharon Osborne. Ms. Gilbert may have created the show but where her presence at that table matters is beyond me. Just my opinion.


The Talk is on CBS so it replaced ATWT, but your point stands.

As for Sara Gilbert, I know virtually nothing about what happened behind the scenes, but I think that what was done to Roseanne Barr will in time be seen as a gross overreaction.
I won't go into the stuff about her tweets, but Roseanne was and always will be the star of that show. She got real lucky with the cast that was hired to play her family (SG, JG and LM are great but too often the show's other stars were lost in their shadow, particularly Lecy Goranson, who was every bit as good as SG).
But Roseanne is the main draw and she is a huge star for a reason. They can go and try to make an example out of her, but this was overkill, and this spin-off is a slap in the face to fans! I sure won't be watching. ABC is going to be disappointed when the ratings drop compared to season 10 becomes apparent.


I totally agree with you. "The Connors" will fall flat on its face. Roseann always will be the star of that show. I love John Goodman, but he is Roseann's on screen husband...and they are a pair.

I'm not condoning Roseann....what she said was awful and uncalled for....but, it was overkill...She apologized over and over again. There are double standards no doubt. Roseann, however, is the star of that show, and "The Connors" will not survive without her.

Sara Gilbert is a legend in her own mind. I dislike her on "The Talk"....and she does not have the star power to make "The Connors" a success. It's not enough for Sara Gilbert to take ATWT off the air, but she is now trying to go back to primetime.

I'm a forgiving person...and Roseann apologized over and over and over again. It seems that the executives just wanted to make an example of her. Hopefully, Roseann will be off of social media for good.

User avatar
mayre
Posts: 5255
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:23 pm

Re: Shake up at CBS, Les Moonves

Postby mayre » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:19 am

Lifetime Viewer wrote:
ghxfan19835 wrote:
DavidaMBurns wrote:I am well aware that Ms. Gilbert created The Talk. I think she is nasty because she turned on Roseanne Barr publicly whereas other cast mates of the Roseanne show did not, ie: John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf,and Estelle Parsons. I feel Ms. Barr gave Ms. Gilbert her first major start in show business and that is the thanks she got for it. She is entitled to her opinion but it could have been kept private. Ms. Gilbert, on her own, is like watching paint dry. She has the personality of a cactus. Yet she runs her mouth when surrounded by her like minded peeps who have her back. I don't like The Talk for the simple fact it replaced One Life To Live for one thing. I can't stand loud mouth obnoxious Sharon Osborne. Ms. Gilbert may have created the show but where her presence at that table matters is beyond me. Just my opinion.


The Talk is on CBS so it replaced ATWT, but your point stands.

As for Sara Gilbert, I know virtually nothing about what happened behind the scenes, but I think that what was done to Roseanne Barr will in time be seen as a gross overreaction.
I won't go into the stuff about her tweets, but Roseanne was and always will be the star of that show. She got real lucky with the cast that was hired to play her family (SG, JG and LM are great but too often the show's other stars were lost in their shadow, particularly Lecy Goranson, who was every bit as good as SG).
But Roseanne is the main draw and she is a huge star for a reason. They can go and try to make an example out of her, but this was overkill, and this spin-off is a slap in the face to fans! I sure won't be watching. ABC is going to be disappointed when the ratings drop compared to season 10 becomes apparent.


I totally agree with you. "The Connors" will fall flat on its face. Roseann always will be the star of that show. I love John Goodman, but he is Roseann's on screen husband...and they are a pair.

I'm not condoning Roseann....what she said was awful and uncalled for....but, it was overkill...She apologized over and over again. There are double standards no doubt. Roseann, however, is the star of that show, and "The Connors" will not survive without her.

Sara Gilbert is a legend in her own mind. I dislike her on "The Talk"....and she does not have the star power to make "The Connors" a success. It's not enough for Sara Gilbert to take ATWT off the air, but she is now trying to go back to primetime.

I'm a forgiving person...and Roseann apologized over and over and over again. It seems that the executives just wanted to make an example of her. Hopefully, Roseann will be off of social media for good.



I can't wait to hear that it has fallen flat on its face!!!!!


Return to “The Young and the Restless”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], LULIX, NJ SOAP LADY and 1 guest

Back to Top