Shake up at CBS, Les Moonves

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Drucilla Winters Fan

Re: Shake up at CBS, Les Moonves

Postby Drucilla Winters Fan » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:52 am

If those claims about sexual harassment prove to be true, then he is a total scum.

JaggedEdge

Postby JaggedEdge » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:53 am

CarselSoap wrote:
JaggedEdge wrote:
CarselSoap wrote:
I've done my research and there are no answers because CBS doesn't know for a fact that he was helping her get work as a bribe. And I didn't ask you those questions because I need you to answer them. I wanted you to think about them because often people side with others without asking questions first.

You failed to make me think about the answer to your questions and BTW - I will think about what is important to me and affects my life. What's going on with CBS/Moonves/His Accusers does not affect my life in any way.

Okay, you want to argue and I'm not going to because it's really not worth one. I shared my opinion and you're the ONLY person who replied to me disrespectfully. If you don't agree with what I have to say fine, but leave your sarcastic tone on your side of the screen.

CarselSoap

Postby CarselSoap » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:29 am

JaggedEdge wrote:
CarselSoap wrote:
Okay, you want to argue and I'm not going to because it's really not worth one. I shared my opinion and you're the ONLY person who replied to me disrespectfully. If you don't agree with what I have to say fine, but leave your sarcastic tone on your side of the screen.

And you can leave your "investigative" attitude/tone else where. I'm done with this thread.

Handbaghoney

Postby Handbaghoney » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:07 pm

I’m sorry if I offended anyone by calling Sheryl Underwood a large black lady. She is a dainty African American woman.

DavidaMBurns

Postby DavidaMBurns » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:40 pm

nytwhatevr wrote:
Riskybeee wrote:IDK hard to say what anyone did or didn't know to be fair!!!

I agree---- this supposedly happened years ago. I believe, before he was married to Julie. The show has been on 8 or 9 years. So, no reason anyone one there would have known about what he did 20-some years ago. I don't think they are hypocrites, especially since they did not defend him or sugar-coat the report. And, on today's show, Julie announced she was quitting "The Talk".

Oh really??? Interesting. I really don't see Ms. Chen having a career at CBS at this point now. Too awkward. Especially on The Talk with that uppity opinionated obnoxious Sharon Osborne at the table who is married to the highly moral Ozzy Osborne. Ms. Chen is not innocent here. She knew her husband was a nasty man. They were committing adultery on his first wife together. They are financially sound and can ride off into the sunset and start other projects on their own with their gozillions.

Valentine14

Postby Valentine14 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:43 pm

I can’t stand The Talk or The View for that matter. Julie IMO seems like a conceited mean girl who got fame thru her husband. Now let’s see her staying power

ztamsdotcom

Postby ztamsdotcom » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:37 pm

I'm aware I'm in the minority here, but I absolutely love Sara Gilbert. I think she's a very kind and down to earth person. We need more people like her in this world. I think Sheryl Underwood is not only funny, but intelligent and hard working. I appreciate Sharon Osbourne's blatant honesty. I've never been a huge fan of Julie Chen but I do like her and certainly don't possess the hatred some of you seem to have for her. I love that she's supporting her husband. The charges against him are from years and years ago. I know I was a different person 20 years ago. I would hope my spouse would support me if something came up from my past. I'm not saying Les Moonves shouldn't have to pay, but people do change and grow.

Fishstick

Postby Fishstick » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:41 pm

Handbaghoney wrote:I’m sorry if I offended anyone by calling Sheryl Underwood a large black lady. She is a dainty African American woman.

ROFL dainty she ain't! You definitely didn't offend me. I think she's hilarious, but she's a total loudmouth. I never understood the whole storyline with her on B & B hitting on Bill. Came out of left field. :?:

Riskybeee

Postby Riskybeee » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:13 pm

ztamsdotcom wrote:I'm aware I'm in the minority here, but I absolutely love Sara Gilbert. I think she's a very kind and down to earth person. We need more people like her in this world. I think Sheryl Underwood is not only funny, but intelligent and hard working. I appreciate Sharon Osbourne's blatant honesty. I've never been a huge fan of Julie Chen but I do like her and certainly don't possess the hatred some of you seem to have for her. I love that she's supporting her husband. The charges against him are from years and years ago. I know I was a different person 20 years ago. I would hope my spouse would support me if something came up from my past. I'm not saying Les Moonves shouldn't have to pay, but people do change and grow.

I like her too! Don't like the women on the show, just don't watch it, jeez. They aren't the ones abusing and assaulting people!

I have read some rumors that he may abuse Julie too. No idea how true that is! I hope for her sake she is supporting him because she wants too.

ghxfan19835

Postby ghxfan19835 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:07 pm

Cabo wrote:CEO, Les Moonves OUT !!!
What is with these old, rich, powerful, men !!!

It was addressed on The Talk today, in great detail.
The women did not hold back, or sugar coat it, at all. ( Julie, his wife, was not there).
They said a new CEO, has been selected and there will most likely be BIG changes coming.
The ladies are very worried about the show and their jobs.

Anyways, I hope the new management does not want to get rid of the Soaps,
like they did on ABC.

LM was reported to not like soaps, so hopefully this is good news for soap fans.
As for The Talk -- regardless of how it came on the air, it is now a successful show.
I don't see it going anywhere.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”