Shake up at CBS, Les Moonves

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
User avatar
effers
Posts: 841
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:38 pm

Re: Shake up at CBS, Les Moonves

Postby effers » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:54 am

I did a lot of reading about this and it seems his stepping down has been in the works for a long time and is tangentially related to his sexual misconduct. The likelihood of him receiving a payout is still very high, and he has already agreed to donate $20 million of it to #MeToo related caused.

I do know that it is wrong to blame women for his actions. None of this is anyone's fault but Les Moonves.

Shows like The Talk are much cheaper and get the same ratings as soaps, so I would see Y&R getting the ax before most daytime programming, especially with its partner Sony being hit with allegations as well.

User avatar
cinderella2
Posts: 4794
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:11 pm

Re: Shake up at CBS, Les Moonves

Postby cinderella2 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:55 am

KateKate wrote:
Cabo wrote:CEO, Les Moonves OUT !!!
What is with these old, rich, powerful, men !!!

It was addressed on The Talk today, in great detail.
The women did not hold back, or sugar coat it, at all. ( Julie, his wife, was not there).
They said a new CEO, has been selected and there will most likely be BIG changes coming.
The ladies are very worried about the show and their jobs.

Anyways, I hope the new management does not want to get rid of the Soaps,
like they did on ABC.


JMO, I saw that but I didn't feel sorry for them. I think they're hypocrites. The only reason they even have that show is because Julie is married to Les. They all had to have known that Les was a predator because the rumors had been out there for years. They looked the other way and talked tough about their "Me Too" experiences even though they knew their boss was involved.
It will be interesting to see what happens at Y&R now with their harassment issue.[/quot

Good post and I agree!

CarselSoap
Posts: 1146
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:54 pm

Re: Shake up at CBS, Les Moonves

Postby CarselSoap » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:09 am

DavidaMBurns wrote:I hope The Talk and Big Brother gets the ax. Those women make me sick especially that nasty Sarah Gilbert and Julie Chen. Ms. Chen literally slept her way to the top at CBS with that pervert husband of hers. She knew what a POS man he was. She loved his bank account and power. Sounds like the chief head honchos have been battling Moonves a while now for power. Now they will have it. Will be interesting to see what will happen to programming that is not financially smart anymore such as soap operas and talk shows. Or maybe they are.


I'm just curious, why do you think Sara Gilbert is nasty? In case some aren't aware, Sara is the one that created The Talk and pitched the idea to CBS. I noticed some where online that it states Sara and Julie created the show and that's not true, it was Sara only.


Ogeee
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:17 am

Re: Shake up at CBS, Les Moonves

Postby Ogeee » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:09 am

effers wrote:I did a lot of reading about this and it seems his stepping down has been in the works for a long time and is tangentially related to his sexual misconduct. The likelihood of him receiving a payout is still very high, and he has already agreed to donate $20 million of it to #MeToo related caused.

I do know that it is wrong to blame women for his actions. None of this is anyone's fault but Les Moonves.

Shows like The Talk are much cheaper and get the same ratings as soaps, so I would see Y&R getting the ax before most daytime programming, especially with its partner Sony being hit with allegations as well.


YR does not have long and the ever tanking ratings will make it easy to justify.

DavidaMBurns
Posts: 521
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Shake up at CBS, Les Moonves

Postby DavidaMBurns » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:18 pm

I am well aware that Ms. Gilbert created The Talk. I think she is nasty because she turned on Roseanne Barr publicly whereas other cast mates of the Roseanne show did not, ie: John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf,and Estelle Parsons. I feel Ms. Barr gave Ms. Gilbert her first major start in show business and that is the thanks she got for it. She is entitled to her opinion but it could have been kept private. Ms. Gilbert, on her own, is like watching paint dry. She has the personality of a cactus. Yet she runs her mouth when surrounded by her like minded peeps who have her back. I don't like The Talk for the simple fact it replaced One Life To Live for one thing. I can't stand loud mouth obnoxious Sharon Osborne. Ms. Gilbert may have created the show but where her presence at that table matters is beyond me. Just my opinion.

User avatar
mayre
Posts: 5255
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:23 pm

I don't watch the showRe: Shake up at CBS, Les Moonves

Postby mayre » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:09 am

I haven't watched the show in forever-- I have to try and watch the first taping after she is gone just to see how well the remainders chop Julie to shreds-how will the question go..hmmm something like this--course it won't have Julies eloquence :roll:

What would you do if your CEO husband of CBS had been fired for sexual misconduct- would you remain loyal to him and leave your position on your highly rated talk show, or would you send him out to face the wolves alone??


I think this is good karma-- for years that bunch of cackling women have opened that show gossiping about other people!

KarolConn
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:58 pm

Re: Shake up at CBS, Les Moonves

Postby KarolConn » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:00 am

I read that the hypocritical Julie Chen is out at the Talk!!
Now hopefully the other cackling gossips lose their jobs at this silly gossipy talk show. You know Sharon Osborne’s husband is no saint.

TXproud
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:35 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Shake up at CBS, Les Moonves

Postby TXproud » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:05 am

DavidaMBurns wrote:I am well aware that Ms. Gilbert created The Talk. I think she is nasty because she turned on Roseanne Barr publicly whereas other cast mates of the Roseanne show did not, ie: John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf,and Estelle Parsons. I feel Ms. Barr gave Ms. Gilbert her first major start in show business and that is the thanks she got for it. She is entitled to her opinion but it could have been kept private. Ms. Gilbert, on her own, is like watching paint dry. She has the personality of a cactus. Yet she runs her mouth when surrounded by her like minded peeps who have her back. I don't like The Talk for the simple fact it replaced One Life To Live for one thing. I can't stand loud mouth obnoxious Sharon Osborne. Ms. Gilbert may have created the show but where her presence at that table matters is beyond me. Just my opinion.


I'm not a fan of Ms. Gilbert nor the Talk. Won't watch The Connors either and hope it falls flat on it's behind too.
I do have to correct the bold though. One Life To Live was on ABC not CBS and was replaced by another horrible/worthless talk show called the View. I'm still PO about that too. JS

DavidaMBurns
Posts: 521
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Shake up at CBS, Les Moonves

Postby DavidaMBurns » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:32 am

Thank you for correcting me on that huge my bad, lol. I got to runnin my mouth and lost myself. ;)

User avatar
lona
Posts: 494
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 10:34 am

Re: Shake up at CBS, Les Moonves

Postby lona » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:06 am

These idiots that are now stabbing Chen will be sorry. I've got a feeling she has interest in the shows. So if she decided to shut it down she can! Who else would pick up evil Sara or Sharon? Neither have any talent! They ruined our soaps without a care for the viewers. It will mean nothing to destroy a show that no one cares about!


Return to “The Young and the Restless”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: rediculous and 1 guest

Back to Top