Shake up at CBS, Les Moonves

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
CarselSoap

Re: Shake up at CBS, Les Moonves

Postby CarselSoap » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:21 pm

JaggedEdge wrote:
CarselSoap wrote:
I've done my research and there are no answers because CBS doesn't know for a fact that he was helping her get work as a bribe. And I didn't ask you those questions because I need you to answer them. I wanted you to think about them because often people side with others without asking questions first.

You failed to make me think about the answer to your questions and BTW - I will think about what is important to me and affects my life. What's going on with CBS/Moonves/His Accusers does not affect my life in any way.

CarselSoap

Postby CarselSoap » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:24 pm

effers wrote:
Fishstick wrote:Julie Chen is out. Hope the rest of the show follows.

Julie Chen chose to quit. I am willing to bet the show does better than ever.

Did she really choose to quit? I really doubt this was her choice. I'm willing to bet she was told.... "you can leave the easy way or the hard way".

mayre

Postby mayre » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:51 pm

TXproud wrote:
DavidaMBurns wrote:I am well aware that Ms. Gilbert created The Talk. I think she is nasty because she turned on Roseanne Barr publicly whereas other cast mates of the Roseanne show did not, ie: John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf,and Estelle Parsons. I feel Ms. Barr gave Ms. Gilbert her first major start in show business and that is the thanks she got for it. She is entitled to her opinion but it could have been kept private. Ms. Gilbert, on her own, is like watching paint dry. She has the personality of a cactus. Yet she runs her mouth when surrounded by her like minded peeps who have her back. I don't like The Talk for the simple fact it replaced One Life To Live for one thing. I can't stand loud mouth obnoxious Sharon Osborne. Ms. Gilbert may have created the show but where her presence at that table matters is beyond me. Just my opinion.

I'm not a fan of Ms. Gilbert nor the Talk. Won't watch The Connors either and hope it falls flat on it's behind too.
I do have to correct the bold though. One Life To Live was on ABC not CBS and was replaced by another horrible/worthless talk show called the View. I'm still PO about that too. JS

ITA!!!!

Riskybeee

Postby Riskybeee » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:42 pm

I say a big BYE to Les Moonves and his rapey ways! If you haven't read Linda Bloodworth Thomason's public letter to him, you should! BYYYYEEEE! :lol:

Lifetime Viewer

Postby Lifetime Viewer » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:45 pm

DavidaMBurns wrote:I am well aware that Ms. Gilbert created The Talk. I think she is nasty because she turned on Roseanne Barr publicly whereas other cast mates of the Roseanne show did not, ie: John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf,and Estelle Parsons. I feel Ms. Barr gave Ms. Gilbert her first major start in show business and that is the thanks she got for it. She is entitled to her opinion but it could have been kept private. Ms. Gilbert, on her own, is like watching paint dry. She has the personality of a cactus. Yet she runs her mouth when surrounded by her like minded peeps who have her back. I don't like The Talk for the simple fact it replaced One Life To Live for one thing. I can't stand loud mouth obnoxious Sharon Osborne. Ms. Gilbert may have created the show but where her presence at that table matters is beyond me. Just my opinion.

I so, so, so, so, so AGREE WITH YOU!!! I despise "The Talk." I know that is a strong word....and I'm a very loving person.....but I detest that show. The women on there make me sick. Millionaire women trying to be relevant to the middle class. I still miss ATWT....and it's been a long time off the air. Sara Gilbert would be nothing without Roseann Barr. Nothing. But, fickle people forget. "The Connors" will be nothing without Roseann. I give it a year. What goes around comes around. Roseann was flat out terribly wrong, but she has apologized over and over again. Some people are forgiven and others have to wear a stone around their necks for the rest of their lives. But, bottom line, Sara Gilbert would be nothing without being put on Roseann years ago. Let's see if Sara Gilbert makes "The Connors" a hit. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Riskybeee

Postby Riskybeee » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:39 pm

Lifetime Viewer wrote:

I so, so, so, so, so AGREE WITH YOU!!! I despise "The Talk." I know that is a strong word....and I'm a very loving person.....but I detest that show. The women on there make me sick. Millionaire women trying to be relevant to the middle class. I still miss ATWT....and it's been a long time off the air. Sara Gilbert would be nothing without Roseann Barr. Nothing. But, fickle people forget. "The Connors" will be nothing without Roseann. I give it a year. What goes around comes around. Roseann was flat out terribly wrong, but she has apologized over and over again. Some people are forgiven and others have to wear a stone around their necks for the rest of their lives. But, bottom line, Sara Gilbert would be nothing without being put on Roseann years ago. Let's see if Sara Gilbert makes "The Connors" a hit. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Yeah getting drunk and totally stoned on ambien and sending out racist tweets could totally happen to anyone!!

nytwhatevr

Postby nytwhatevr » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:15 am

Riskybeee wrote:IDK hard to say what anyone did or didn't know to be fair!!!

I agree---- this supposedly happened years ago. I believe, before he was married to Julie. The show has been on 8 or 9 years. So, no reason anyone one there would have known about what he did 20-some years ago. I don't think they are hypocrites, especially since they did not defend him or sugar-coat the report. And, on today's show, Julie announced she was quitting "The Talk".

KarolConn

Postby KarolConn » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:05 am

I really don’t like the metoo women but I’m from what I read Les was a pig. I read something about a woman doctor he grabbed. Julie knows her husband was a pig, she stole him from his first wife and had surgery to look less Asian. She’s as bad as him imo. Good riddance. The rest of them are cackling hens too. Can you imagine the number of women Sharon osbornes husband harassed? Sara acts like a goody goody but she’s got an agenda to revive her career which had been over with for years. Sheryl is a comedian and she’s funny but on the Bold and Beautiful she was written as comic relief. Flirting with Bill spencer (ex Brad Y and R)

TXproud

Postby TXproud » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:16 am

mayre wrote:
TXproud wrote:

I'm not a fan of Ms. Gilbert nor the Talk. Won't watch The Connors either and hope it falls flat on it's behind too.
I do have to correct the bold though. One Life To Live was on ABC not CBS and was replaced by another horrible/worthless talk show called the View. I'm still PO about that too. JS

ITA!!!!

Drucilla Winters Fan

Postby Drucilla Winters Fan » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:50 am

Good riddance. Tell me just one good thing Les Moonvees did ... :lol: . I don't care about The Talk either, so ...

Return to “The Young and the Restless”