Really Shauna?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
shalaydra75

Re: Really Shauna?

Postby shalaydra75 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:18 pm

BrendaMorganQ wrote:
shalaydra75 wrote:
BrendaMorganQ wrote:Can we talk? Lets get real and say I understand. Devon seems to have forgotten how Dru died and what it did to their family and how Lily was married to Daniel at that time that Phyllis, Sharon and Dru were arguing at the edge of a cliff. Even then he was able to understand an accident and what role each person played in the results of his mom no longer being around.

I thought Dru , who did not like Phyliss, intervene into a tussle between Phyliss and Sharon. I have hated Phyliss ever since. I remember I was disgusted with all of the Winters when Dru died. It seems like they forgave quickly. I started watching Y&R in 2007 when VR had an article in either Ebony or Essence. After Dru died, I stopped watching until 2008, when Guiding Light got too boring. I could not believe that Lily allowed Phyliss to get in her face about Hilary’s death.

They were upset and Neil could barely look at his fried, but Phyllis didn't kill Dru. She also didn't start it. Sharon started the argument and then it got physical. Sharon was actually the reason why Dru went over the edge. Sharon accidently caused her to go over when she tried to lunge for Phyllis as Red was stepping back. That's why Sharon and Dru were hanging on the cliff. And Dru wouldn't have even befriended Sharon if Neil hadn't been saddling up to Carmen.

I miss Dru, I miss VR in the role but after all the crap that has transpired since the character was "presumed dead" I want her back. CBS won't hire VR back in the role, so I want a recast called out immediately so we can get this family back on track.

Thanks for the history lesson; however, I still resent Phyliss for saying anything to Lily about an accidental death. If Mattie does not get her menfolk in order, Dru desperately needs to return. I cannot the Winters family as it is configurated now. Since I only watch Y&R to see what the Winters are up to, I am about to turn it off.

BrendaMorganQ

Postby BrendaMorganQ » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:24 pm

shalaydra75 wrote:
BrendaMorganQ wrote:
shalaydra75 wrote:I thought Dru , who did not like Phyliss, intervene into a tussle between Phyliss and Sharon. I have hated Phyliss ever since. I remember I was disgusted with all of the Winters when Dru died. It seems like they forgave quickly. I started watching Y&R in 2007 when VR had an article in either Ebony or Essence. After Dru died, I stopped watching until 2008, when Guiding Light got too boring. I could not believe that Lily allowed Phyliss to get in her face about Hilary’s death.

They were upset and Neil could barely look at his fried, but Phyllis didn't kill Dru. She also didn't start it. Sharon started the argument and then it got physical. Sharon was actually the reason why Dru went over the edge. Sharon accidently caused her to go over when she tried to lunge for Phyllis as Red was stepping back. That's why Sharon and Dru were hanging on the cliff. And Dru wouldn't have even befriended Sharon if Neil hadn't been saddling up to Carmen.

I miss Dru, I miss VR in the role but after all the crap that has transpired since the character was "presumed dead" I want her back. CBS won't hire VR back in the role, so I want a recast called out immediately so we can get this family back on track.

Thanks for the history lesson; however, I still resent Phyliss for saying anything to Lily about an accidental death. If Mattie does not get her menfolk in order, Dru desperately needs to return. I cannot the Winters family as it is configurated now. Since I only watch Y&R to see what the Winters are up to, I am about to turn it off.

I forgot to comment on the accidental death. I said something similar, but different. I thought it would have been better if Phyllis had been written to be really grieving the loss of her friend but be the voice of reason to come along and support Lily. Having them talk about Dru and how she died and how they were able to forgive Red for her part. Telling Lily that Devon would forgive her as well but his grief was over shadowing him as he lost both his wife and their child. Something more nurturing than venom. Especially since she and Lily were once close and Summer was acting like a right arse at the time. That go back later was like a hell mary for the writing staff that fell flat.

shalaydra75

Postby shalaydra75 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:48 pm

BrendaMorganQ wrote:Thanks for the history lesson; however, I still resent Phyliss for saying anything to Lily about an accidental death. If Mattie does not get her menfolk in order, Dru desperately needs to return. I cannot the Winters family as it is configurated now. Since I only watch Y&R to see what the Winters are up to, I am about to turn it off.

I forgot to comment on the accidental death. I said something similar, but different. I thought it would have been better if Phyllis had been written to be really grieving the loss of her friend but be the voice of reason to come along and support Lily. Having them talk about Dru and how she died and how they were able to forgive Red for her part. Telling Lily that Devon would forgive her as well but his grief was over shadowing him as he lost both his wife and their child. Something more nurturing than venom. Especially since she and Lily were once close and Summer was acting like a right arse at the time. That go back later was like a hell mary for the writing staff that fell flat.[/quote] I probable would have accepted what you have written. Right now, I am on the verge of tuning Y&R off and never looking back. It is disgusting that a horse's behind such as Phyliss would demean someone like Lily.

BrendaMorganQ

Postby BrendaMorganQ » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:12 pm

shalaydra75 wrote:
BrendaMorganQ wrote: (shalaydra75)Thanks for the history lesson; however, I still resent Phyliss for saying anything to Lily about an accidental death. If Mattie does not get her menfolk in order, Dru desperately needs to return. I cannot the Winters family as it is configurated now. Since I only watch Y&R to see what the Winters are up to, I am about to turn it off.

I forgot to comment on the accidental death. I said something similar, but different. I thought it would have been better if Phyllis had been written to be really grieving the loss of her friend but be the voice of reason to come along and support Lily. Having them talk about Dru and how she died and how they were able to forgive Red for her part. Telling Lily that Devon would forgive her as well but his grief was over shadowing him as he lost both his wife and their child. Something more nurturing than venom. Especially since she and Lily were once close and Summer was acting like a right arse at the time. That go back later was like a hell mary for the writing staff that fell flat.

I probable would have accepted what you have written. Right now, I am on the verge of tuning Y&R off and never looking back. It is disgusting that a horse's behind such as Phyliss would demean someone like Lily.[/quote]

We don't get the family and friendship connections from the past fully represented anymore, only the current s/l with a gap. I guess they want GT to make Phyllis her own so they aren't willing to draw from the history she has with characters prior to the recast. Her being mad at Lily with no forgiveness after Shauna opened her mouth was OTT. I guess we got lucky they didn't have her compare Lily to Daisy regarding the loss of the baby.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”