Did anyone watch today's show???

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
glowery

Re: Did anyone watch today's show???

Postby glowery » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:01 pm

This is true but it still does not mean the spokesmodel has any power over to make decisions on marketing. She learns a script, delivers it to the best of her ability and that is the end of her job. But the pictures were about modeling, there is no voice in still shots.

Shys

Postby Shys » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:05 pm

Quote glowery: This is true but it still does not mean the spokesmodel has any power over to make decisions on marketing. She learns a script, delivers it to the best of her ability and that is the end of her job. But the pictures were about modeling, there is no voice in still shots.

I think it would have been easier to argue this point if phyllis didn't interupt the shoot. If she would of left sharon to pose, then i can see sharon not putting her 2 cents in. Since she interupted, i am sure sharon feels phyllis is picking the sleezy ones to embarass sharon.

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:36 pm

They shoudn't be discussing NVP business with Sharon at all. Her job is to smile for the camera and do as she is told. Jack is about to take the hardest fall of his life and unfortunatley he is setting Sharon up to fall with him.

What is Sharon going to do when Victor kicks Jack out of NVP? All the snide remarks she is making now will come back to haunt her.

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:37 pm

If Phyllis didn't interrupt the shoot? That's her job!! With Carmen gone, Phyllis was in charge.

malnickkdh

Postby malnickkdh » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:53 pm

Yeah Phyllis was in charge of the shoot. Sharon just asked Jack to tag along. I don't know why Nick was there. For Phyllis I guess. But Sharon wouldn't have any say in the real world.

gommie

Postby gommie » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:56 pm

Nothing against Sharon at all, but for the writers to present where Sharon has any say about the pictures, or the marketing of the products, with her position only being spokesperson/model just shows they no nothing about how marketing and ad campaingns actually work.

The reason Phylliss should have her say is because she is the marketing expert for the business.

I am sure this is going to cause a hailstorm, but so be it. Anyone who has any knowledge in business would agree, and those who don't have a clue about business won't.

But that is okay, everyone is entitled.[/quote]

The writers obviously know nothing about real life..they need to be consistent-if they want to portray 'real life'then they best be running back to the drawing board---I have yet to see much in these outrageous storylines that resembels real life at least not here on this earth--course I don't watch Jerry Springer, so maybe I don't know what real life is anymore...a distinct possiblilty

malnickkdh

Postby malnickkdh » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:11 pm

Quote gommie: Nothing against Sharon at all, but for the writers to present where Sharon has any say about the pictures, or the marketing of the products, with her position only being spokesperson/model just shows they no nothing about how marketing and ad campaingns actually work.

The reason Phylliss should have her say is because she is the marketing expert for the business.

I am sure this is going to cause a hailstorm, but so be it. Anyone who has any knowledge in business would agree, and those who don't have a clue about business won't.

But that is okay, everyone is entitled.

The writers obviously know nothing about real life..they need to be consistent-if they want to portray 'real life'then they best be running back to the drawing board---I have yet to see much in these outrageous storylines that resembels real life at least not here on this earth--course I don't watch Jerry Springer, so maybe I don't know what real life is anymore...a distinct possiblilty[/quote]

Gommie who are the babies in the picture? SO CUTE!! :-) But I do agree nothing is real life in soap operas. lol about Jerry Springer. I'm not sure what the whole photo shoot storyline was about. Everyone already knew there was tention with those four before they did that scene.

Shys

Postby Shys » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:14 pm

Yes phyllis was in charge of the shoot but i do believe she butted in because of jealousy. If it was anyone else but sharon, she prolly would of let the model take her shots and went over the pics after and then decided which to use. That just my opinion.

malnickkdh

Postby malnickkdh » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:16 pm

I agree that partly Phyllis was upset about the way Jack and Nick were looking at her when she walked in. But Sharon is like that every time she is around Phyllis.

gommie

Postby gommie » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:10 pm

Gommie who are the babies in the picture? SO CUTE!! :-) But I do agree nothing is real life in soap operas. lol about Jerry Springer. I'm not sure what the whole photo shoot storyline was about. Everyone already knew there was tention with those four before they did that scene.[/quote]

Thank you mal...those are my month old twin granddaughters(-; Piper and Emersyn--so sweet..
I agree with you about the shoot too..

Return to “The Young and the Restless”