Oh please do not have Rey get with Sharon!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
dawn888

Re: Oh please do not have Rey get with Sharon!

Postby dawn888 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:23 pm

kayline12 wrote:There is no way Sharon could be in her early 40's. Noah has been a grown man for years and Mariah is older than Noah!

how old would she be because then phyllis and victoria are both older than sharon is. they aren't in their 50s, the writers have them in the 40 something age group all of them.

CarolLK

Postby CarolLK » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:44 pm

dawn888 wrote:how could sharon be the oldest when both victoria and phyllis were born before her. Victoria would be the oldest, then phyllis, sharon and nick. nick is one year younger than sharon.

Okay, fine. They're all still in the same age group in their 40s. I'm not going to quibble about a few years.

yandrfan99

Postby yandrfan99 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:22 pm

twocentsworth wrote:
kayline12 wrote:
twocentsworth wrote:Just because he's a nice-looking new guy in Genoa City, it would be so wrong for Sharon to be put with him. Seems like he is focused on solving the JT mystery as we see him with the pictures of the 4 ladies: Victoria, Sharon, Phyllis, and Nikki, along with Victor surrounding JT's photo on a wall...seems this guy Rey is a P.I. or detective or FBI guy and should be focused on his work, not on being a new "love interest" for Sharon (when it all hits the fan with Nick as it's found out that he once again slept with Phyllis!)...please, he's also about 20 yrs younger than she is supposed to be...why would he have to be "paired" with anyone? Is he supposed to be related to Arturrrro? When Rey got a coffee there and Nick introduced him to Sharon, Rey exited as Abby and Arturrrro were entering off the patio area, so they didn't see each other...[/quote

Rey is Arturo's brother. Sharon will need a love interest when she and Nick break up. Since Rey is on contract he will also need a love interest.

How did we find out Rey is Arturo's brother? I must have missed that epi, but recall the one where he told Abby he had a sister that was a (not seen) room mate when Abby found the bra on the couch at his place. Just because he's on contract doesn't mean he HAS to have a love interest, does it? But, then again, this is a soap and they always get a love interest! Maybe someone other than Sharon...she needs to cool it for a while, take a hiatus from men when she breaks up with Nick (it'll happen!) Her heart has been broken enough. She should swear off men for a while, as she jumps in too quickly with someone new, like with Dylan, with Scotty, all too quickly! That got her no where!

Sharon jumps in too quickly she is as slow as molasses next to bead them Phyllis. :lol: :lol: :lol: I think if Nick and Sharon break up he would be perfect for her. Dark,, handsome and sexy. They would look great together.

Johnlives

Postby Johnlives » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:00 pm

twocentsworth wrote:Just because he's a nice-looking new guy in Genoa City, it would be so wrong for Sharon to be put with him. Seems like he is focused on solving the JT mystery as we see him with the pictures of the 4 ladies: Victoria, Sharon, Phyllis, and Nikki, along with Victor surrounding JT's photo on a wall...seems this guy Rey is a P.I. or detective or FBI guy and should be focused on his work, not on being a new "love interest" for Sharon (when it all hits the fan with Nick as it's found out that he once again slept with Phyllis!)...please, he's also about 20 yrs younger than she is supposed to be...why would he have to be "paired" with anyone? Is he supposed to be related to Arturrrro? When Rey got a coffee there and Nick introduced him to Sharon, Rey exited as Abby and Arturrrro were entering off the patio area, so they didn't see each other...

It will happen. He's the new guy, so he will be Sharon's well, or possibly Phyllis'

NCgirlie33

Postby NCgirlie33 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:08 am

twocentsworth wrote:Just because he's a nice-looking new guy in Genoa City, it would be so wrong for Sharon to be put with him. Seems like he is focused on solving the JT mystery as we see him with the pictures of the 4 ladies: Victoria, Sharon, Phyllis, and Nikki, along with Victor surrounding JT's photo on a wall...seems this guy Rey is a P.I. or detective or FBI guy and should be focused on his work, not on being a new "love interest" for Sharon (when it all hits the fan with Nick as it's found out that he once again slept with Phyllis!)...please, he's also about 20 yrs younger than she is supposed to be...why would he have to be "paired" with anyone? Is he supposed to be related to Arturrrro? When Rey got a coffee there and Nick introduced him to Sharon, Rey exited as Abby and Arturrrro were entering off the patio area, so they didn't see each other...
Sharon is gonna have her a man. Never seen Sharon go without a warm body for long. Rey is the next single fine man in GC right now, and Sharon is about to find out the truth about Nick.

shuby

Postby shuby » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:44 am

Johnlives wrote:

It will happen. He's the new guy, so he will be Sharon's well, or possibly Phyllis'

And what's good about Rey he's not a Newman

kayline12

Postby kayline12 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:44 am

Why not? It's pretty obvious the writers have other plans for Nick.

twocentsworth

Postby twocentsworth » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:10 pm

bee242424 wrote:
twocentsworth wrote:
CarolLK wrote:I would rather see Nick and Sharon stay together, but I do not think Rey is an inappropriate love interest for Sharon. I believe he is in his late 30s and Sharon is in her early 40s. Rey would also be acceptable for Phyllis or Victoria.

If he's there to try to solve the JT mystery and she's dating him, it could be a "set up" by him to get into on the JT mystery...just another heartbreak for Sharon. He needs to focus on the case!

As far as Sharon, if she's in her early 40's, it's hard to do the math since Cassie/Mariah was 6 yrs old when Noah was born and he's now in his 30's, so that would easily put Sharon at 50 or close to that...She had Cassie/Mariah at age 16 or 17 in HS so if Noah is 30 (at the least), then Mariah is 36 since she's 6 yrs older and than add 36 to 16 to get Sharon's age which would be 52, at least. And, that not that age would matter, just pointing out the obvious difference therein... :P

Let’s figure this out. Mariah is maybe 27/28
And if Sharon had Cassie and Mariah then 16 she could
Be 43ish.
Noah was born in 1997 on the show so let’s push him to be about 25, although he should he 21.
Daniel was a senior in high school I believe when him and Lilly were married (so that would
Put him about 7 or 8 years older than
Noah.
Phyllis and Vicky are older Sharon.
I don’t necessarily want Rey with Sharon
Not because of age, but why do the new guys have to be paired with Sharon.
I wish her and nick could work it out but of course it’s runied bc of Phyllis.
How is is Rey?
Wasn’t Scott younger?
Billy is much younger than Phyllis and Vicky.

Your first line, saying Mariah is maybe 27/28 can't be...because she's definitely 6 yrs OLDER than Noah as he was born when she was located with adoptive mother Alice (same Alice from the sex ring story and Zack)...and Mariah can't be 27/28 as that would make Noah TOO YOUNG as he's been behind the bar serving alcohol for couple yrs with Nick at The Underground and you have to be at least 21 to do that. Ages here make no sense, esp since Faith hasn't been aged and she's supposed to be older than the Ashby twins!

twocentsworth

Postby twocentsworth » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:13 pm

CarolLK wrote:
twocentsworth wrote:How did we find out Rey is Arturo's brother?

I don't think that's been revealed on the show yet, but SOD jumped the gun and referred to him as Arturo's brother on their website. Arturo did say he had an older brother at the same time that he first mentioned a younger sister. Also, based on some responses, I think some people thought that I said Rey would not be appropriate for Sharon, but I actually said "would not be inappropriate". I would be fine seeing him with Sharon, Phyllis or Victoria, although my preferred pairings are Nick and Sharon, Phyllis and Jack, and Victoria and Billy.

Thank you CarolLK, I'll look for that to happen...and we would have seen them together (Rey and Arturo) had he not left just prior to Abby and Arturo entering the coffee shop the other day... ;)

twocentsworth

Postby twocentsworth » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:16 pm

shuby wrote:
Johnlives wrote:

And what's good about Rey he's not a Newman

;) ;) ;) Your'e probably right, but geez...so cliche'.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”