Ratings are up FINALLY!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
kayline12

Re: Ratings are up FINALLY!

Postby kayline12 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:56 pm

ITA that Hilary's death and the fallout had a lot to do with the ratings hike. But it's not the only reason. It's Summer and young folks are not tuning in to see that. I think I speak for most viewers when I say I'm tired of Devon ripping into Lily. Devon is a boring character on his best days and seeing him ripping his sister is not a good look for him.

KateKate

Postby KateKate » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:00 pm

kayline12 wrote:ITA that Hilary's death and the fallout had a lot to do with the ratings hike. But it's not the only reason. It's Summer and young folks are not tuning in to see that. I think I speak for most viewers when I say I'm tired of Devon ripping into Lily. Devon is a boring character on his best days and seeing him ripping his sister is not a good look for him.

No offense, but I'm kind of liking it. Lily was so terrible for so long that I'm enjoying her finally getting humbled. I actually LIKE her again now that she's not sniping at Hillary every day and she's back to the Lily we all used to like. Cane is still as irritating as ever.

NJenkins

Postby NJenkins » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:32 pm

yukker wrote:I love that phick brought up the ratings but not tired old shick.

Phick had a ONS so that is not what brought up any ratings. Its all of the players and stories on our show that bring the ratings up and down.

Likeyfan

Postby Likeyfan » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:34 pm

Some need to watch at the ratings when Phyllis and Nick cheated. More a big majority complain ir's the Phyllis and Summer arms they get fed up with that. Yes, the ratings got up for the accident and the fall out b/c the viewers wanted to see the last shows with Mishael Morgan and if Lily would come clean about the accident or if Shauna would spill the beans.

Lifetime Viewer

Postby Lifetime Viewer » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:17 pm

kayline12 wrote:ITA that Hilary's death and the fallout had a lot to do with the ratings hike. But it's not the only reason. It's Summer and young folks are not tuning in to see that. I think I speak for most viewers when I say I'm tired of Devon ripping into Lily. Devon is a boring character on his best days and seeing him ripping his sister is not a good look for him.

No putdown to the actor who plays Devon....but, Devon and Hillary got way too much air time on YR....way, way too much. With the current storyline, I'm totally sick of the character of Devon. They's made him into an uninteresting millionaire with mouth all over his face. I don't like the character of Devon. I groan when he comes on screen.

It has been a breath of fresh air that the character of Devon has been absent from YR lately. I'm totally sick of him tearing into Lily. My husband brought up a really good point. What was it...about 3 months ago that he had a different girlfriend .....and would not help Hillary have her baby?

Yes, I'm sick of the character of Devon too. He is one of the characters that need to take a year long break from YR. He has had way too much air time. A lot of YR fans have had their fill of him. That sure includes me.

NJ SOAP LADY

Postby NJ SOAP LADY » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:30 pm

Lifetime Viewer wrote:

No putdown to the actor who plays Devon....but, Devon and Hillary got way too much air time on YR....way, way too much. With the current storyline, I'm totally sick of the character of Devon. They's made him into an uninteresting millionaire with mouth all over his face. I don't like the character of Devon. I groan when he comes on screen.

It has been a breath of fresh air that the character of Devon has been absent from YR lately. I'm totally sick of him tearing into Lily. My husband brought up a really good point. What was it...about 3 months ago that he had a different girlfriend .....and would not help Hillary have her baby?

Yes, I'm sick of the character of Devon too. He is one of the characters that need to take a year long break from YR. He has had way too much air time. A lot of YR fans have had their fill of him. That sure includes me.

Very good points. Yes Devon and Hilary were on way too much. ...I guess the powers that be wanted to give her what they felt was a good ending. I hated Devon gushing over her ....yes at the end he was in love with her but for 5 years they had an affair while neil was blind. ...he didn't feel he loved her, she treated him, Lily, Neil and many others horribly. After her death he raises her up on a pedestal ...an angel while others mistreated her....he needs to take off those rose colored glasses he needs to remember how his family has always been there

As for ratings. Yes all the hype about her leaving helped, the rumors about Nick going after victor helped, nick and sharon helped, but ratings may or may not stay good.......it's the stories that need to improve to get great ratings

kayline12

Postby kayline12 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:40 pm

NJenkins wrote:
yukker wrote:I love that phick brought up the ratings but not tired old shick.

Phick had a ONS so that is not what brought up any ratings. Its all of the players and stories on our show that bring the ratings up and down.

All the players? All characters are not equal. There is a reason Sharon and Phyllis get a lot more airtime than other characters. I'm not a Sharon fan by any means, but she is one of the most popular characters at Y&R and deserves all the air time she gets. Devon on the other hand is a complete bore. I don't think he does much to spike the ratings. So no, all characters are not equal.

NJenkins

Postby NJenkins » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:51 pm

I did not say ALL CHARACTERS ARE EQUAL...I am simply saying that ratings go up because of our show all of the players because storylines intercept etc. Ratings do not go up just because Phyllis and Nick had a ONS they go up because the culmination of the storys are all intercepting with all of the players. Everything is a challenge geesh............Lets just post and stop with the challenging. I stated my opinion RELAX

Acadia_ca

Postby Acadia_ca » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:03 pm

Probably because the witch died!

bee242424

Postby bee242424 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:53 pm

Interests they put the Phick OMS on a day with Hillary stuff.
Guess they have a reason for everything
Who knows which story got them up.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”