Summer and Billy

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Blondie69

Summer and Billy

Postby Blondie69 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:35 pm

I don't condone this but think back: Jill and Stuart Brooks (her mother's husband), Jack and Jill (his father's wife), people are acting like this is something never done before but especially on Young and the Restless, there are other cases also that I can't think of right now. Billy isn't even married to Phyllis. Don't get me wrong, I hate the pairing of Summer and Billy but not because it is so terrible for her to be with her mother's boyfriend Many cases on Bold and Beautiful. Soaps have different moral compass than real life, although this still happens in real life too.

SadieM

Re: Summer and Billy

Postby SadieM » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:48 pm

Just looking at them together is horrid. She is immature like a teen wanting to lose her virginity and in a contest. He looks every bit his age around her and would have had a daughter about her age had Delia lived). Her coming on to him is repulsive, nothing "sexy" about them just real dysfunction. At least in scenes when Jill came on to Jack there was some "fun" and Sexiness. Summer is an immature twit chasing after someone twice her age.

Blondie69

Postby Blondie69 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:18 pm

Jill and Stuart were as bad as Billy and Summer. You are right Jack and Jill were closer to each other's age although Jack was her husband's son. Also, Sharon and Victor were terrible. I agree though the two actors have no chemistry at all. Summer should be with Kyle. I personally think Phyllis is too old for Billy also. I wish Billy would just go back to his real family.

matilda4454

Postby matilda4454 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:00 pm

Blondie69 wrote:I don't condone this but think back: Jill and Stuart Brooks (her mother's husband), Jack and Jill (his father's wife), people are acting like this is something never done before but especially on Young and the Restless, there are other cases also that I can't think of right now. Billy isn't even married to Phyllis. Don't get me wrong, I hate the pairing of Summer and Billy but not because it is so terrible for her to be with her mother's boyfriend Many cases on Bold and Beautiful. Soaps have different moral compass than real life, although this still happens in real life too.

So true I don't find this story any worse than Devon going after his blind fathers wife or his own aunt . Nicki going after Vickis boyfriends Victor marring Vicky's best friend and 35 year younger Sabrina Name not so sure of . Phyllis kissing Kyle while Summer was hot for him its just to many to name but its no difference Summer and Billy are not blood related. I wanna see Summer and Phyllis knock the crap outta one another. :lol: Summer has major issues with dear old mom and I don't blame her . Every time Summer opened a door her mom was doing a different guy on the couch . Plus seems some are forgetting that Phyllis cheated on Billy yet is getting a free pass for that well to bad cause she is not getting one from her daughter.

JOoJOo

Postby JOoJOo » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:13 am

Blondie69 wrote:I don't condone this but think back: Jill and Stuart Brooks (her mother's husband), Jack and Jill (his father's wife), people are acting like this is something never done before but especially on Young and the Restless, there are other cases also that I can't think of right now. Billy isn't even married to Phyllis. Don't get me wrong, I hate the pairing of Summer and Billy but not because it is so terrible for her to be with her mother's boyfriend Many cases on Bold and Beautiful. Soaps have different moral compass than real life, although this still happens in real life too.

The difference is Billy's kids are Summer's cousins. That is just too incestuous for me. I get some are ok with incest but I am not. It is disgusting.

Lifetime Viewer

Postby Lifetime Viewer » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:10 pm

SadieM wrote:Just looking at them together is horrid. She is immature like a teen wanting to lose her virginity and in a contest. He looks every bit his age around her and would have had a daughter about her age had Delia lived). Her coming on to him is repulsive, nothing "sexy" about them just real dysfunction. At least in scenes when Jill came on to Jack there was some "fun" and Sexiness. Summer is an immature twit chasing after someone twice her age.

No putdown to Hunter King, but I'm not enjoying any of this Summer/Billy/Phyllis story. The writers have made Summer so unlikeable and annoying that it is no fun to watch her storyline. I'm hoping the character of Summer moves on in the fall. I hope the character does not stay on YR. However, that all being said, I'm not enjoying YR these days anyways. The writing is terrible, and the stories are not interesting. I don't want YR to ever go off the air. I just wish the YR writers and Mal Young could step up and write quality storylines like Bill Bell did years ago.

matilda4454

Postby matilda4454 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:33 pm

JOoJOo wrote:

The difference is Billy's kids are Summer's cousins. That is just too incestuous for me. I get some are ok with incest but I am not. It is disgusting.

And Nicki was the grandmother of Vicki's kids but it still did not stop her from going after the man . Point is no incest because Billy and Summer are not blood related .

SadieM

Postby SadieM » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:46 pm

For a time, they thought they were blood related when Summer was thought to be Jack's. The relationship is still too close for comfort. And repulsive since Summer looks way younger than Billy.

NJenkins

Postby NJenkins » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:04 pm

Good post Blondie but my thoughts are this...........back in the day they did all kinds of scandalous things that shocked our grandmas and moms to the core but yet they ate it up like candy because it was done in a subtle way..I know that sounds so crazy but there it is. Now fast forward and they are showing as much as they can and pushing the envelope just as far and for some its just sick with incestuous themes and such......Soaps have always been that soapy goodness but now they cross over a line that just makes some of the stuff sick in some viewers eyes. Summer is a disgusting little creature and the whole story line with her is just a turn off, BUT it is making viewers watch perhaps and why?? Younger audience up with the times??????? who knows.......it makes you sick but you just cannot stop watching.................... ????

SadieM

Postby SadieM » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:30 pm

The Summer months usually were for the young people on the show. Like the Jabot photo shoot with Billy and Mac and Raul. Young romance should be featured. Not Summer running after a man twice her age and the two have zilch chemistry besides. I find it creepy.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”