Messa SID

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
User avatar
KateKate
Posts: 1630
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:21 am

Re: Messa SID

Postby KateKate » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:46 pm

ThePhenom wrote:It's not contrived. Tessa was obviously attracted to Mariah. She was all into that kiss. Problem was she was dating Mariah's brother, a guy who wore his previous breakups on his sleeves. She didn't wanna hurt him so she tried to maintain a friendship with Mariah and a relationship with him. Unfortunately it was not something that could function long-term. She just sped it along with the whole journal fiasco. Once Noah removed himself they were free to be together with no guilt. We also have to take into account there were forces outside the show working against the story and you have to applaud MY for refusing to give up and finally getting them together.


To me, Tessa looked like she was "all into that kiss" the same way I am when my granny kisses me. It was one of the most chaste kisses I've seen in daytime. Immediately after that kiss, Tessa went right back to her boyfriend until he threw her to the curb. She then begged him to keep her because she "loved him", not because she didn't want to hurt him. She's only suddenly into poor Mariah as a plot device since the other s/ls are falling apart with MM and ED leaving. Let's not revise history here.

ThePhenom
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:21 pm

Re: Messa SID

Postby ThePhenom » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:10 pm

KateKate wrote:
ThePhenom wrote:It's not contrived. Tessa was obviously attracted to Mariah. She was all into that kiss. Problem was she was dating Mariah's brother, a guy who wore his previous breakups on his sleeves. She didn't wanna hurt him so she tried to maintain a friendship with Mariah and a relationship with him. Unfortunately it was not something that could function long-term. She just sped it along with the whole journal fiasco. Once Noah removed himself they were free to be together with no guilt. We also have to take into account there were forces outside the show working against the story and you have to applaud MY for refusing to give up and finally getting them together.


To me, Tessa looked like she was "all into that kiss" the same way I am when my granny kisses me. It was one of the most chaste kisses I've seen in daytime. Immediately after that kiss, Tessa went right back to her boyfriend until he threw her to the curb. She then begged him to keep her because she "loved him", not because she didn't want to hurt him. She's only suddenly into poor Mariah as a plot device since the other s/ls are falling apart with MM and ED leaving. Let's not revise history here.


Nobody's revising anything. Just because they weren't slamming each other into walls like Billy and Phyllis didn't mean they didn't enjoy it. Tessa has always had feelings for Mariah. At no point did say different or even express regret for their kiss. She just didn't wanna hurt Noah. That very last scene they shared at Top of the Tower was an outlier if anything.

User avatar
KateKate
Posts: 1630
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:21 am

Re: Messa SID

Postby KateKate » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:22 pm

ThePhenom wrote:Nobody's revising anything. Just because they weren't slamming each other into walls like Billy and Phyllis didn't mean they didn't enjoy it. Tessa has always had feelings for Mariah. At no point did say different or even express regret for their kiss. She just didn't wanna hurt Noah. That very last scene they shared at Top of the Tower was an outlier if anything.


This is what some of us disagree with. Mariah has been very transparent in her feelings and it was obvious that she cared for Tessa all along. Tessa, at no time, seemed to reciprocate beyond considering Mariah a good friend. Tessa glued herself to Noah like he was the golden goose and wouldn't let go, even when he dumped her. Once he left town, she looked for any port in the storm, which was Mariah.

A lot of us love Mariah and think she deserves better than someone with a history of lying/stealing who appears to be a hetero-normative opportunist. Not blaming the character, blaming the writers.


ThePhenom
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:21 pm

Re: Messa SID

Postby ThePhenom » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:29 pm

SadieM wrote:Exactly! Months ago it would have been fine. Mariah kissed Tessa & Tessa didn't hate it but she didn't throw Noah over for her either. No, instead she hung in there with Noah, betrayed Mariah and then only acted receptive to Mariah when Noah dumped her. Now Tessa & Mariah are involved again. Yes, it is very forced. It's not about homophobia. It's about those two together because Mariah has had trust issues all along & I don't think she could or even would put aside her mistrust of Tessa to get involved with her in that way. Contrived all the way.


It's not contrived. Tessa was obviously attracted to Mariah. She was all into that kiss. Problem was she was dating Mariah's brother, a guy who wore his previous breakups on his sleeves. She didn't wanna hurt him so she tried to maintain a friendship with Mariah and a relationship with him. Unfortunately it was not something that could function long-term. She just sped it along with the whole journal fiasco. Once Noah removed himself they were free to be together with no guilt. We also have to take into account there were forces outside the show working against the story and you have to applaud MY for refusing to give up and finally getting them together.[/quote]

Tessa had a strange way of "not wanting to hurt Noah." IF she had any doubts she should never have moved in with him. He did not force her too. I think she found it better for herself and her future to move in with a Newman and not with Mariah who did not have all the $$$ and advantages Noah could offer. If Noah had not found the diary, I think Tessa would still be with him. Mariah obviously was interested in her and if Tessa had been interested she would have been receptive and immediately broken up with Noah. She didn't. Which is why I suspect her motives.[/quote]

She was gonna tell her boyfriend that she's leaving him for his sister? A boyfriend who wore all his previous heartbreaks on sleeve no less. The last thing she would want to do is add to that. She was in a pretty impossible situation. Either decision she made was gonna be rough.

ThePhenom
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:21 pm

Re: Messa SID

Postby ThePhenom » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:13 pm

KateKate wrote:
ThePhenom wrote:Nobody's revising anything. Just because they weren't slamming each other into walls like Billy and Phyllis didn't mean they didn't enjoy it. Tessa has always had feelings for Mariah. At no point did say different or even express regret for their kiss. She just didn't wanna hurt Noah. That very last scene they shared at Top of the Tower was an outlier if anything.


This is what some of us disagree with. Mariah has been very transparent in her feelings and it was obvious that she cared for Tessa all along. Tessa, at no time, seemed to reciprocate beyond considering Mariah a good friend. Tessa glued herself to Noah like he was the golden goose and wouldn't let go, even when he dumped her. Once he left town, she looked for any port in the storm, which was Mariah.

A lot of us love Mariah and think she deserves better than someone with a history of lying/stealing who appears to be a hetero-normative opportunist. Not blaming the character, blaming the writers.


Tessa showed her feelings in a different way especially since she had a boyfriend. True or false: she relied on Mariah over Noah in basically every instance? True or false: she considered Mariah and not her boyfriend her musical inspiration? True or false: she never denied having feelings for Mariah? True or false: she didn't express regret for the kiss? I'd say all true.

User avatar
JaggedEdge
Posts: 2894
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:02 pm

Re: Messa SID

Postby JaggedEdge » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:33 pm

I don't see feelings from Tessa for Mariah. I see a girl using Mariah and Mariah being so desperate for someone she's letting it happen. That girl stole her journal and used it to right a song and then lied and lied about it, and Mariah is now taking her to dinner, kissing her and planning a weekend getaway. If that isn't desperate, I don't know what is. I can't stand them, Mal Young is making a mistake putting them together because Tessa makes Mariah very boring and he's missed the better match of Tessa and Kyle.

User avatar
drewxjacobs
Posts: 4925
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:01 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Messa SID

Postby drewxjacobs » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:43 pm

@ThePhenom:

In my humble opinion & it is my opinion to have, the whole Messa thing is contrived. As I mentioned previously, Mariah with all her trust issues would never have given Tessa another thought after her betrayal. The fact that she has been a person of questionable conduct with not only Mariah, but others as well tells me the Mariah we have come to know would have "cut bait" long ago.

It is very much forced in the writers' determination to stick Mariah with the only other available female on this show. Having Mariah act on feelings for Tessa after everything Tessa has done to Mariah personally is absolutely the very definition of contrived. It would have played so much better to bring on another person to be her love interest, in my opinion, of course.

ThePhenom
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:21 pm

Re: Messa SID

Postby ThePhenom » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:03 pm

drewxjacobs wrote:@ThePhenom:

In my humble opinion & it is my opinion to have, the whole Messa thing is contrived. As I mentioned previously, Mariah with all her trust issues would never have given Tessa another thought after her betrayal. The fact that she has been a person of questionable conduct with not only Mariah, but others as well tells me the Mariah we have come to know would have "cut bait" long ago.

It is very much forced in the writers' determination to stick Mariah with the only other available female on this show. Having Mariah act on feelings for Tessa after everything Tessa has done to Mariah personally is absolutely the very definition of contrived. It would have played so much better to bring on another person to be her love interest, in my opinion, of course.

I respect that. I disagree but I respect it.

PinkChick
Posts: 866
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:53 am

Re: Messa SID

Postby PinkChick » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:25 pm

I think Mariah should be with someone, male or female, that is really into her, no questions asked. Tessa is too hung up on her own feelings to consider Mariah's. Mariah has always been willing to do anything to be with Tessa and Tessa has not ever been like that with Mariah. I'd rather some new guy or girl for Mariah than uptight Tessa. I'm sick of Mariah's life being on hold waiting for Tessa.

ThePhenom
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:21 pm

Re: Messa SID

Postby ThePhenom » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:11 am

PinkChick wrote:I think Mariah should be with someone, male or female, that is really into her, no questions asked. Tessa is too hung up on her own feelings to consider Mariah's. Mariah has always been willing to do anything to be with Tessa and Tessa has not ever been like that with Mariah. I'd rather some new guy or girl for Mariah than uptight Tessa. I'm sick of Mariah's life being on hold waiting for Tessa.


You gotta remember that from what we've been told Tessa grew up with drug addicted parents and basically had to raise herself and her sister. She never had anybody she could completely trust. She's learned how to compartmentalize and share what she thinks she needs to. This is a bit of learning curve for her. It's pretty clear whatever this secret is that's it's silly and pointless and she made it worse by lying about it but she's just learning how to be in a relationship. Mariah needs to be patient with her.


Return to “The Young and the Restless”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AuroraDawn5, Happycrab628, matilda4454 and 1 guest

Back to Top