Hillary and Lilly Confrontation

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
kayline12

Re: Hillary and Lilly Confrontation

Postby kayline12 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:56 pm

Lily was so horrible to Hillary before the accident and then she caused the accident that killed Hillary. I expect Lily to be very guilty once she remembers everything that happened.

scottiegirl93

Postby scottiegirl93 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:20 pm

IMHO, Lily is an intolerable, pompous, bitter, self righteous, snobby, judgemental, insufferable, mean spirited screeching harpy shew. Her character has turned into such a she beast, again INMHO! Unfortunately the only growth that I’ve seen in her character is not good!

That said, I do see that Hilary also has many flaws but, I have noticed some growth from past mistakes. I’m out saying that she is a saint, but she doesn’t claim or pretend to be and she is not constantly snarling, snapping, hyper critical, judgement, and, again IIMHO, she doesn’t seem to fly into rage filled diatribes as often or as quickly as Lily does!

I’m of the opinion that Lily is the one to blame for this! She flew on her broom to track down her teenage son, walked into Hilary’s home and just charged in on the kids traumatizing a teenage girl and humiliating her son in front of everyone which is not something that I consider to be good parenting and any family therapist would tell a parent that was the wrong as well as one of the most psychologically damaging things to do! That is not to say that she should not have taken action, just not like that!

I. Also find Lily’s desire to micromanage her kid’s and I agree with Hilary on this one. It is most likely going to come back to bite her as they will eventually rebel, not saying that I think that the kids were right about having sex, but her reaction has thoroughly humiliated them and her shaming a teenage girl when she didn’t even try to sort out the particulars. Her son was not forced into this, he even brought the condoms, but she targets everyone else!

Now, neither should have been arguing, but Lily was the one driving and she is supposed to be a grownup and she should have behaved like one, but she didn’t act like one from the beginning to the crash! The most reprehensible, repulsive, indecent thing in this came as usual, from the spiteful words that her character shrewisly aimed at Hilary telling her that she didn’t deserve to be a mother, that she felt sorry for her baby and that to Hilary a baby was just a photo op as she ran a red light and that was the last thing she said!

I do not think that Lily wanted the baby to die, but I do wonder if she had seen how devasted Hilary was when Devon told her the baby had died if she might finally try and stop being so judgemental! I’m still disgusted with how she jumped all over Juliet, another pregnant woman, and through money on the floor demanding that she pick it up! Then when Juliet passed out, which she could have easily deduced that Juliet was so cold had she shut up and just been observant of anything other than her own self righteous anger, to which she was was justified, but her real wrath should have been solely focused on Came as he was the one that broke a commitment to her,not Juliet, why do women do that, but I digress!

Sorry for the long post, again, JMO!

scottiegirl93

Postby scottiegirl93 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:37 pm

IMHO, Lily is an intolerable, pompous, bitter, self righteous, snobby, judgemental, insufferable, mean spirited screeching harpy shew. Her character has turned into such a she beast, again INMHO! Unfortunately the only growth that I’ve seen in her character is not good!

That said, I do see that Hilary also has many flaws but, I have noticed some growth from past mistakes. I’m out saying that she is a saint, but she doesn’t claim or pretend to be and she is not constantly snarling, snapping, hyper critical, judgement, and, again IIMHO, she doesn’t seem to fly into rage filled diatribes as often or as quickly as Lily does!

I’m of the opinion that Lily is the one to blame for this! She flew on her broom to track down her teenage son, walked into Hilary’s home and just charged in on the kids traumatizing a teenage girl and humiliating her son in front of everyone which is not something that I consider to be good parenting and any family therapist would tell a parent that was the wrong as well as one of the most psychologically damaging things to do! That is not to say that she should not have taken action, just not like that!

I. Also find Lily’s desire to micromanage her kid’s and I agree with Hilary on this one. It is most likely going to come back to bite her as they will eventually rebel, not saying that I think that the kids were right about having sex, but her reaction has thoroughly humiliated them and her shaming a teenage girl when she didn’t even try to sort out the particulars. Her son was not forced into this, he even brought the condoms, but she targets everyone else!

Now, neither should have been arguing, but Lily was the one driving and she is supposed to be a grownup and she should have behaved like one, but she didn’t act like one from the beginning to the crash! The most reprehensible, repulsive, indecent thing in this came as usual, from the spiteful words that her character shrewisly aimed at Hilary telling her that she didn’t deserve to be a mother, that she felt sorry for her baby and that to Hilary a baby was just a photo op as she ran a red light and that was the last thing she said!

I do not think that Lily wanted the baby to die, but I do wonder if she had seen how devasted Hilary was when Devon told her the baby had died if she might finally try and stop being so judgemental! I’m still disgusted with how she jumped all over Juliet, another pregnant woman, and through money on the floor demanding that she pick it up! Then when Juliet passed out, which she could have easily deduced that Juliet was so cold had she shut up and just been observant of anything other than her own self righteous anger, to which she was was justified, but her real wrath should have been solely focused on Came as he was the one that broke a commitment to her,not Juliet, why do women do that, but I digress!

scottiegirl93

Postby scottiegirl93 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:48 pm

scottiegirl93 wrote:IMHO, Lily is an intolerable, pompous, bitter, self righteous, snobby, judgemental, insufferable, mean spirited screeching harpy shew. Her character has turned into such a she beast, again INMHO! Unfortunately the only growth that I’ve seen in her character is not good!

I would like to add, I’m disappointed that Lily’s haracter, using the 2 circumstances of her confrontation with Juliet and this latest one with HilRy is that there are others, but I’m going with these two, I know that she apologizes afterwards and I do believe that she means it, but this seems to be a pattern and she might want to recognize it and address it! I think that that would make for an interesting character development and growth adding depth and dimension to her character and allow for compelling storytelling, JMO!

kijones68

Postby kijones68 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:28 pm

nytwhatevr wrote:
kijones68 wrote:
Rfan wrote:I am waiting to see how Devon reacts when he finds out the baby were lost because Hilary has been walking around with an infection and has not taken her butt to the Dr. The lost of the baby were caused by the infection not the car accident.

I could see Nate claiming that to save his cousin. However apparently the baby was alive because both doctors were so determine to save it. There would have been no urgency to operate if the baby was dead. They would have waited until Hillary was more stable.

I didn't get that he operated to save the baby. He insisted on operating because of something going on with Hilary. The other doctor had a wait and see opinion and Nate said, while you are waiting and seeing, she could die, so he went in to fix something. In the process, she also lost the baby. Odd thing I found was--Nate was saying how they shouldn't wait to do surgery, but right after made the comment that most don't survive that kind of surgery. Huh? So, I would think he would have waited, also, if he assumed the surgery would have killed her.

Since it was revealed that Nate just lost the love of his life. It is possible that he may have lost her the same way. Maybe he was hoping that he could make up for his loss by saving Hillary.
I will be honest I saw a rip-off of the show The Resident

snakeye

Postby snakeye » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:48 pm

Can't stand Lily anymore. NOT Hillary's fault that her son is a teenage boy interested in a teenage girl DUH
And Lily has been trying to control Devon's life, too. What a nasty witch. Used to love her hate her now UUGGGHHHH :evil:

shalaydra75

Postby shalaydra75 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:26 pm

scottiegirl93 wrote:
scottiegirl93 wrote:IMHO, Lily is an intolerable, pompous, bitter, self righteous, snobby, judgemental, insufferable, mean spirited screeching harpy shew. Her character has turned into such a she beast, again INMHO! Unfortunately the only growth that I’ve seen in her character is not good!

I would like to add, I’m disappointed that Lily’s haracter, using the 2 circumstances of her confrontation with Juliet and this latest one with HilRy is that there are others, but I’m going with these two, I know that she apologizes afterwards and I do believe that she means it, but this seems to be a pattern and she might want to recognize it and address it! I think that that would make for an interesting character development and growth adding depth and dimension to her character and allow for compelling storytelling, JMO!

Although I am a Lily fan, I will admit that her inability to stand up to her dad and brother denotes a lack of growth. She never should have allowed Hilary to be around her kids, and if that meant cutting ties with the Winters men, so be it. Given that Hilary never really apologized to Lily for trying to break up her family twice, I see no growth. Moreover, on several occasions, Hilary initiated arguments.

Lily never should have apologized to Juliette. Pregnancy does not allow woman to lie about SH without condemnation. Pregnancy does not allow a woman to escape being called out if she rapes a man. Lily saw that video, where Cane was so drunk until he had to be led to his room by a sober Juliette. A grown women would have helped Cane fight Juliette, but threw him out while she pondered whether taking him back because he drank too much in the presence of a stranger.

Lily does give her children free time. Charlie lied to get off from work early. Many parents do not want teenagers at home alone with their dates. Lily gave Hilary the benefit of the doubt by claiming that the teens had pulled a fast one on her. Shauna and then Hilary admitted that she had no such policy.

shalaydra75

Postby shalaydra75 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:32 pm

tweeterz wrote:Well we know Devon is too much of a wimp but sometimes the loss of a child is a different thing., Lily is the reason his baby is DEAD!!

Devon is not a wimp; he just does not value his sister. I hope that Lily will cry after learning the truth about the accident, then pick herself up and realize that Devon really does not value her. If he did, he would not have thrown Hilary in her face at every turn.

Lily did not force Hilary to get in the car with her. It does not make sense that they would look for a teen who wanted fresh air.

JaggedEdge

Postby JaggedEdge » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:22 am

TheHussy wrote:
Hillary practically gave those kids a place to go screw, so I don't blame Lily for being upset with that shrew...Charlie is none of her business and she doesn't get to tell Lily how to raise her child...

No, she didn't. She and Devon never told Shauna to use their home for hook-ups. Devon even got in Charlie's face about it when he told him how that started. And if Hillary doesn't get to tell Lily how to raise Charlie, Lily doesn't get to tell her how to be Shauna's guardian. That was her house, not Lily's and she should have taken her disrespectful boy and left instead of going off on a teen girl and Hilary who wasn't even there. Shauna invited him over, but it was his decision to bail on work and lie to his mom.

JaggedEdge

Postby JaggedEdge » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:32 am

tweeterz wrote:
JaggedEdge wrote:
Exactly. She should have paid attention to what she was doing and not shouting at one of her passengers.

Yes and when the cops find out and they will , Lily is going to be charged.

Yes, she will and should be. And Cane and Devon got on my nerves about to go after the other driver because they don't think she does anything wrong. I'm glad Charlie spoke up and told his father it was her who ran into the other vehicle. The judge needs to throw the book at her and Devon should fire her.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”