Why did Avery and Nick Break up? They Seemed Perfect Together.

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
kayline12

Why did Avery and Nick Break up? They Seemed Perfect Together.

Postby kayline12 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:53 pm

Avery was the perfect combination of Nick's two wives. Sharon nurturing and other things, Phyllis smart and ambitious. Nick was really in love with her. In fact, he said she was perfect for him. Did Avery leave Nick at the alter? Why?

Lifetime Viewer

Re: Why did Avery and Nick Break up? They Seemed Perfect Together.

Postby Lifetime Viewer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:04 pm

My daughter and I loved Avery, and we wish for her return. Mal Young gives such long extended air times to his favorites, and YR, I think, is boring. I'm so sick of Victoria, Nikki, Lily,....and I miss Lauren so much.

My daughter loved Avery, because she thought she was so pretty....and my daughter wants to be an attorney like Avery.

If I remember correctly, all was good for Nick and Avery....but, Avery was late to their wedding because Dylan had just returned to Genoa City. I think Dylan came to see Avery, and she lost track of time....

I think it was a huge mistake to let the character of Avery go. She was so much more enjoyable to watch than a lot of Mal Young's favorites. Avery is also Phyllis's sister which would make her relevant to return to Genoa City.

I don't think we can hold our breath though. Mal Young seems intent on pushing his favorites on us with such long boring air times. Why can't Nikki and Victoria share air time with Lauren?

A lot just doesn't make sense to me anymore on YR.

Lifetime Viewer

Postby Lifetime Viewer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:05 pm

PS. Nick had to call off the wedding because Avery was a "no show." He waited for over an hour, and by the time Avery showed up....the wedding was cancelled. I don't think they stayed together that long after the cancelled wedding.

kayline12

Postby kayline12 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:09 pm

Lifetime Viewer wrote:My daughter and I loved Avery, and we wish for her return. Mal Young gives such long extended air times to his favorites, and YR, I think, is boring. I'm so sick of Victoria, Nikki, Lily,....and I miss Lauren so much.

My daughter loved Avery, because she thought she was so pretty....and my daughter wants to be an attorney like Avery.

If I remember correctly, all was good for Nick and Avery....but, Avery was late to their wedding because Dylan had just returned to Genoa City. I think Dylan came to see Avery, and she lost track of time....

I think it was a huge mistake to let the character of Avery go. She was so much more enjoyable to watch than a lot of Mal Young's favorites. Avery is also Phyllis's sister which would make her relevant to return to Genoa City.

I don't think we can hold our breath though. Mal Young seems intent on pushing his favorites on us with such long boring air times. Why can't Nikki and Victoria share air time with Lauren?

A lot just doesn't make sense to me anymore on YR.

Avery was great. We had Avery and Leslie both were kick butt super smart lawyers. I wish we had both ladies back.

Lifetime Viewer

Postby Lifetime Viewer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:19 pm

I loved Avery and Leslie too. I just have no clue why Mal Young seems to give so much air time to his favorites. They would have to be working 20 hour days with no days off. Then, he gives no air time to Michael and Lauren, Paul and Christine.......I'm bored stiff. I'm sorry...I don't care who fathered Jack. It takes more than biology to parent a child. I don't care about 80 percent of Mal's stories.

If I could give Mal Young advice, I would tell him: Mal Young, Your favorites are just not cutting it. Give them a vacation and bring back Michael and Lauren, Paul and Christine....do something different PLEASE. Try to bring back Michael Muhney as Adam. See if you can get back hunky Ronan.....Do something DIFFERENT. I don't want to see your favorites ALL THE TIME, episode after episode after episode....it has really made me strongly dislike several YR characters. They are boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. IT is backfiring big time on you, Mal Young. It is not working. I don't want to hear their casual conversations because they are on EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!

I'm sorry. I'm pretty agitated and sick of YR these days.

KateKate

Postby KateKate » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:33 pm

Lifetime Viewer wrote:I loved Avery and Leslie too. I just have no clue why Mal Young seems to give so much air time to his favorites. They would have to be working 20 hour days with no days off. Then, he gives no air time to Michael and Lauren, Paul and Christine.......I'm bored stiff. I'm sorry...I don't care who fathered Jack. It takes more than biology to parent a child. I don't care about 80 percent of Mal's stories.

If I could give Mal Young advice, I would tell him: Mal Young, Your favorites are just not cutting it. Give them a vacation and bring back Michael and Lauren, Paul and Christine....do something different PLEASE. Try to bring back Michael Muhney as Adam. See if you can get back hunky Ronan.....Do something DIFFERENT. I don't want to see your favorites ALL THE TIME, episode after episode after episode....it has really made me strongly dislike several YR characters. They are boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. IT is backfiring big time on you, Mal Young. It is not working. I don't want to hear their casual conversations because they are on EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!

It's not MY's fault, it's Sony's. It's all about the contracts and the airtime guarantees. A few of the characters get guarantees of 3,4, and 5 times/week and 50 or so weeks/year. That's why Victor, Nick, Sharon, Lily, Nikki are on constantly but Lauren and Michael and the rest are never around. With Sony budget freezes, they can't afford to pay the irregulars for more shows.

TigerEyes017

Postby TigerEyes017 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:40 pm

Avery was bashed hard on her baking goodies all the time. Some were fed up with her, cause she took Phyllis man too. Which Nick dumped Phyllis and got with Avery. Well that did not go well with some. Than in no time, she was leaving the show.

kayline12

Postby kayline12 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:45 pm

KateKate wrote:
Lifetime Viewer wrote:I loved Avery and Leslie too. I just have no clue why Mal Young seems to give so much air time to his favorites. They would have to be working 20 hour days with no days off. Then, he gives no air time to Michael and Lauren, Paul and Christine.......I'm bored stiff. I'm sorry...I don't care who fathered Jack. It takes more than biology to parent a child. I don't care about 80 percent of Mal's stories.

It's not MY's fault, it's Sony's. It's all about the contracts and the airtime guarantees. A few of the characters get guarantees of 3,4, and 5 times/week and 50 or so weeks/year. That's why Victor, Nick, Sharon, Lily, Nikki are on constantly but Lauren and Michael and the rest are never around. With Sony budget freezes, they can't afford to pay the irregulars for more shows.

This is true about Sony. But I think MY has more clout than we think. I read that he blocked ED from doing days and Y&R. He blocked the actress who played Gloria from doing Days and Y&R. Days is also owned by Sony.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:56 pm

TigerEyes017 wrote:Avery was bashed hard on her baking goodies all the time. Some were fed up with her, cause she took Phyllis man too. Which Nick dumped Phyllis and got with Avery. Well that did not go well with some. Than in no time, she was leaving the show.
}
I found Nick & Avery pretty boring together. All the cooking show nonsense did not help.

KateKate

Postby KateKate » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:11 pm

kayline12 wrote:
This is true about Sony. But I think MY has more clout than we think. I read that he blocked ED from doing days and Y&R. He blocked the actress who played Gloria from doing Days and Y&R. Days is also owned by Sony.

Contracts are contracts. Those actors obviously have non-compete clauses in their agreements that someone is enforcing or they'd be able to work elsewhere. As for the "favorites", those are simply the people who negotiated the most guaranteed airtime. In a tight economy, there's no sense paying those people all that money and not using them. That's especially true if there's a pay freeze and they can't pay new people to come in and share scenes, s/ls with them.

This is how soaps die.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”