These two are not lesbians!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
kayline12

Re: These two are not lesbians!

Postby kayline12 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:40 pm

NCgirlie33 wrote:
emmanuella wrote:Kyle and Mariah would have been a better couple.
That would be wonderful to see them together. Mariah is a good actress that needs a "good" love interest in her life that she can move on and get married, and have a family INSTEAD of wasting her time on a boring girl that doesnt know what she wants and once dated her brother. Kyle & Mariah would make a hot couple!

There are things on Y&R that I don't like, so I just FF them. Mariah and Kyle don't work as couple. Friends yes, a couple no way. The writers had plenty of time to put Mariah and Kyle together and they wisely chose not too.
MY doesn't hesitate to get rid of people. Mariah has to mesh with someone soon or else. Better Tessa than no one.

ThePhenom

Postby ThePhenom » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:42 pm

kayline12 wrote:I believe the story that the is playing out on my screen. The point of the conversation Hilary had with Mariah was MY telling the audience that the reason Mariah's love life has been a disaster, is because she is gay and wouldn't admit it. Mariah has come out of the closet.

She came out last year but tried to crawl halfway back in and try to convince herself she was into both.

NCgirlie33

Postby NCgirlie33 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:55 pm

kayline12 wrote:
NCgirlie33 wrote:
emmanuella wrote:Kyle and Mariah would have been a better couple.
That would be wonderful to see them together. Mariah is a good actress that needs a "good" love interest in her life that she can move on and get married, and have a family INSTEAD of wasting her time on a boring girl that doesnt know what she wants and once dated her brother. Kyle & Mariah would make a hot couple!

There are things on Y&R that I don't like, so I just FF them. Mariah and Kyle don't work as couple. Friends yes, a couple no way. The writers had plenty of time to put Mariah and Kyle together and they wisely chose not too.
MY doesn't hesitate to get rid of people. Mariah has to mesh with someone soon or else. Bett byer Tessa than no one.

Thats why the ratings are down. A lot of people are not watching the show because of two lame women that have nothing in common or chemistry. Its never too late for the writer to put Kyle with Mariah if he wants the ratings to increase. Mariah and Tessa are the worst couple on Y&R right now over top of Nick & Sharon!!!

kayline12

Postby kayline12 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:07 pm

Thats why the ratings are down. A lot of people are not watching the show because of two lame women that have nothing in common or chemistry. Its never too late for the writer to put Kyle with Mariah if he wants the ratings to increase. Mariah and Tessa are the worst couple on Y&R right now over top of Nick & Sharon!!![/quote]

Between Summer and Mariah, which one do you think MY or any headwriter would chose for Kyle?

MakeTodayLovely

Postby MakeTodayLovely » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:24 am

ThePhenom wrote:
KarolConn wrote:Bring a new gay character in but don't try and turn 2 ladies who were introduced to us as straight suddenly have them be dating. Its like watching two friends out for some girl talk.

So Tessa hasn't been around but a year. We don't really know anything about her past relationships. She could've been struggling with her sexuality or be attracted to both genders way before she came to town. Mariah has been in town awhile but she's never had a successful relationship with a man. Also she grew up in a cult so when it came to relationships she's just been doing what she was taught to do in the cult. Tessa opened her eyes. Both author Terri MacMillan and Fran Drescher married men they thought were straight but later came out so it's not unheard of.

People don’t understand that sexuality AND gender are not an either/or subject. It is fluid and malleable... it is a journey of discovery and exploration. Self affirmation and discovery is not accomplished in one day.... or year.. or decade even.
On this site I often feel that it is a lost cause trying to get people to open their minds or see these storylines from a young non- homonormitive point of view

tweeterz

Postby tweeterz » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:04 am

Shortyflare1 wrote:Its obvious that Mariah hasn't meshed well with any men on the show, her brief fling with Kevin was too awkward for words. Honestly, you go through a lot before you find out you have feelings for someone of the same sex, then there is a lot of fighting, denial, and fear of letting anyone in. Mariah was raised in a cult! She doesn't have much true experience with men OR women on the show, JUST MY OPINION, for anyone to get offended over. I'm gay, I love their storyline. Its a bit awkward, but first kisses and public outings as a same sex couple are always like that! Why is everyone so against anyone finding out their preference? I think they left Mariah's character open for this kind of situation on purpose, years in the making. I don't think it was an overnight discussion and a few add-ons to the script. And why wouldn't Tessa be a good for her? Best friends make for best relationships! We have seen step siblings get it on, we have seen women marry one man, then their son(B&B)... So many other worse pairings that made no sense, it seems the producers played this one so they could have it this way, but more people are shaking their heads by it than all the other scenarios. Am I missing something?

NOT just your opinion. This is brill. I agree with you 100%.

effers

Postby effers » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:00 am

MakeTodayLovely wrote:
ThePhenom wrote:
KarolConn wrote:Bring a new gay character in but don't try and turn 2 ladies who were introduced to us as straight suddenly have them be dating. Its like watching two friends out for some girl talk.

So Tessa hasn't been around but a year. We don't really know anything about her past relationships. She could've been struggling with her sexuality or be attracted to both genders way before she came to town. Mariah has been in town awhile but she's never had a successful relationship with a man. Also she grew up in a cult so when it came to relationships she's just been doing what she was taught to do in the cult. Tessa opened her eyes. Both author Terri MacMillan and Fran Drescher married men they thought were straight but later came out so it's not unheard of.

People don’t understand that sexuality AND gender are not an either/or subject. It is fluid and malleable... it is a journey of discovery and exploration. Self affirmation and discovery is not accomplished in one day.... or year.. or decade even.
On this site I often feel that it is a lost cause trying to get people to open their minds or see these storylines from a young non- homonormitive point of view

I feel the same way.

stormwize

Postby stormwize » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:45 am

MakeTodayLovely wrote:
ThePhenom wrote:

I agree. There seems to be quite a bit of close-mindedness on this subject. I honestly think it's has nothing to do with perceived chemistry of the characters and everything to do with bias against homosexuality/non- homonormitive sexuality.

Yep, I'm saying it.

SadieM

Postby SadieM » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:28 am

I disagree. I never liked Tessa and found her a big bore. I was annoyed that she was chosen as partner for mariah because she is so boring and dull. Mariah lost her "edge" and became a doormat desperately wanting someone who stole from her and who rebuffed her. There was a great opportunity for a gay storyline a few years ago with openly gay attorney Rafe but it was never followed up upon and he was written out. I don't see any chemistry between tessa and Mariah it is another forced pairing IMO. Forced pairings on the show to me are the worst.

oathoney

Postby oathoney » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:29 pm

This is the stupidest storyline ever.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”