These two are not lesbians!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
KarolConn

These two are not lesbians!

Postby KarolConn » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:55 pm

Bring a new gay character in but don't try and turn 2 ladies who were introduced to us as straight suddenly have them be dating. Its like watching two friends out for some girl talk.

ThePhenom

Re: These two are not lesbians!

Postby ThePhenom » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:40 pm

KarolConn wrote:Bring a new gay character in but don't try and turn 2 ladies who were introduced to us as straight suddenly have them be dating. Its like watching two friends out for some girl talk.

So Tessa hasn't been around but a year. We don't really know anything about her past relationships. She could've been struggling with her sexuality or be attracted to both genders way before she came to town. Mariah has been in town awhile but she's never had a successful relationship with a man. Also she grew up in a cult so when it came to relationships she's just been doing what she was taught to do in the cult. Tessa opened her eyes. Both author Terri MacMillan and Fran Drescher married men they thought were straight but later came out so it's not unheard of.

lunkaford

Postby lunkaford » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:47 pm

The writers presented Mariah and Tess as straight and now want to change that (just like Jack not being an Abbott) that is where the rub comes in.

bridel

Postby bridel » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:04 pm

KarolConn wrote:Bring a new gay character in but don't try and turn 2 ladies who were introduced to us as straight suddenly have them be dating. Its like watching two friends out for some girl talk.

what's next, having someone like nick who is straight, suddenly go for kyle perhaps? no need for this at all and i won't watch two females getting it on.

taramartin

Postby taramartin » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:34 pm

Love them as friends, did not buy into the kiss.

lunkaford

Postby lunkaford » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:37 pm

Mariah and Tess have about as much chemistry as Noah and Devon (if they had hooked them up).

Lynn1216

Postby Lynn1216 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:01 pm

sexuaity is not always black and white. Sometimes people are gay and hide it , sometimes they are bisexual. They are young and trying to find themselves I really like this storyline.

Jimjan57

Postby Jimjan57 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:09 pm

I thought I'd give them a chance and watch. Big mistake...no chemistry none what so ever. They literally looked like two friends having coffee and when they came into AC holding hands, looking like they were playing "skip, skip, skip to my lou" that was it...I couldn't anymore, I had to change the channel. Sorry, but I can't with them.

scrappie

Postby scrappie » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:28 pm

That "first date" between Tessa and Mariah looked so forced especially when they were sitting there at the end and Tessa snuggled up to Mariah and put her head on her shoulder. They act like they don't know what to do with each other because they're two women and like it's an experiment vice a couple of women falling for each other.

It seems to me that Mariah was more into Tessa when Tessa wasn't interested. It's also weird to me that Tessa had no interest in Mariah as a girlfriend until this "first date"...now she's acting like it was love at first sight. :lol:

I don't mind them as a couple but this was so rushed.

kayline12

Postby kayline12 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:31 pm

Mariah is being as bi sexual, maybe even gay. That would explain why she never clicks with any man. So what?

Trust MY to write the couple in a positive way and maybe you will enjoy seeing Mariah loved and appreciated.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”