LANE/HEVON Tragedy This Week - Spoilerish

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
BrendaMorganQ

Re: LANE/HEVON Tragedy This Week - Spoilerish

Postby BrendaMorganQ » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:13 pm

shalaydra75 wrote:
BrendaMorganQ wrote:Call me crazy but I had hoped LANE would become the shows most solid couple as they aged due to all the obstacles they have faced in the past and overcame. They were also a good fit to show how romance (not just sex on the desk) doesn't die after a few years of marriage. I want them to be my Alice & Thom Horton (DAYS) head of the family couple who dish out sage advice to the younger characters - it could still happen but if Lily is continuing to be a harpy.

As for Hilary, after Lily's affair with Avery's ex they seemed to be on a good reboot of becoming frienemies. Then they put Lily back on her high horse and Hilary started lashing out and the goal to one up one another started all over. I think the previous writing team may have been tryin got replace the old Kay & Jill dynamic but were not sure how to pull it off.

I am disgusted with Lily and Hilary arguing. I think that the writers are mistaken if they think the key demo is impressed by this. I liked Catherine and Jill because they really battled. Watching them was akin to watching great boxers. The yelling that Hilary and Lily are doing is stupid and weak.

I was a fan of Guiding Light. The Bauers gave good advice; however, they were not weak. (Ed was weak.) The thing that I loved about GL -when a character seriously hurt another, the offending character was punished. On 2 occasions, Hilary seriously Lily’s family, and she escaped without punishment both times. I wanted Lily to really hurt (not physically) Hilary. I wanted Lily to drive dkown ratings at GC buzz or make a fool on Hilary on camera.

Ahh! Funny you should say GL; I couldn't remember Ed's parents so I only listed the Hortons. I should have googled it but I was trying to multi-task. Do remember when the actress who played Bert had her legs amputated and continued to deliver exceptional performances as the head of the Bauer clan? I forgot Ed was Billy first (before my time). I also forgot that he was William, Jr. and his father was Sr.

I wish the actress who played Hillary would come back to soaps; I miss her. She was pretty good with listening to Bert, you would have never known that she did not grow up in the same house with Ed and Mike with Bert as her mother. She loved them all.

shalaydra75

Re: LANE/HEVON Tragedy This Week - Spoilerish

Postby shalaydra75 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:40 pm

BrendaMorganQ wrote:
shalaydra75 wrote:
BrendaMorganQ wrote:Call me crazy but I had hoped LANE would become the shows most solid couple as they aged due to all the obstacles they have faced in the past and overcame. They were also a good fit to show how romance (not just sex on the desk) doesn't die after a few years of marriage. I want them to be my Alice & Thom Horton (DAYS) head of the family couple who dish out sage advice to the younger characters - it could still happen but if Lily is continuing to be a harpy.

As for Hilary, after Lily's affair with Avery's ex they seemed to be on a good reboot of becoming frienemies. Then they put Lily back on her high horse and Hilary started lashing out and the goal to one up one another started all over. I think the previous writing team may have been tryin got replace the old Kay & Jill dynamic but were not sure how to pull it off.

I am disgusted with Lily and Hilary arguing. I think that the writers are mistaken if they think the key demo is impressed by this. I liked Catherine and Jill because they really battled. Watching them was akin to watching great boxers. The yelling that Hilary and Lily are doing is stupid and weak.

I was a fan of Guiding Light. The Bauers gave good advice; however, they were not weak. (Ed was weak.) The thing that I loved about GL -when a character seriously hurt another, the offending character was punished. On 2 occasions, Hilary seriously Lily’s family, and she escaped without punishment both times. I wanted Lily to really hurt (not physically) Hilary. I wanted Lily to drive dkown ratings at GC buzz or make a fool on Hilary on camera.

Ahh! Funny you should say GL; I couldn't remember Ed's parents so I only listed the Hortons. I should have googled it but I was trying to multi-task. Do remember when the actress who played Bert had her legs amputated and continued to deliver exceptional performances as the head of the Bauer clan? I forgot Ed was Billy first (before my time). I also forgot that he was William, Jr. and his father was Sr.

I wish the actress who played Hillary would come back to soaps; I miss her. She was pretty good with listening to Bert, you would have never known that she did not grow up in the same house with Ed and Mike with Bert as her mother. She loved them all.

I remember Ed's wife and then Mayder as Bauer matriarchs. I love performances of MM and I thought that the writers cheated the Hilary characters. I wanted to see epic battles between Lily and Hilary, and I wanted them to come together to protect. for family.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”