BIG Recast Rumor

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
NJ SOAP LADY

Re: BIG Recast Rumor

Postby NJ SOAP LADY » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:54 pm

Riskybeee wrote:
kayline12 wrote:I guess we wrong about Ashley leaving town. Rumor has it, new Ashley has already been chosen. It's Rebecca Romaiin, John Stamos ex wife.

Source: Daytime Royalty. They are right about 95% of the time.

That is horrible!

Until I see it here I don't believe it.

Lizzytish

Postby Lizzytish » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:07 pm

[quote="kayline12"]I guess we wrong about Ashley leaving town. Rumor has it, new Ashley has already been chosen. It's Rebecca Romaiin, John Stamos ex

I would love it if this is true. I love Rebecca.

Lifetime Viewer

Postby Lifetime Viewer » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:29 pm

I guess then writers will soon be doing this with Victor. We will turn YR on, and there will be a brand new 40 year old Victor boxing in his tack room! LOL! Ha ha ha ha

Honestly, replacing actors with younger actors seems to be a trend. Thorne on BB, Phyllis on YR, and I'm sure you can name more......

I wouldn't be surprised with Ashley, because there have been recasts before. But, what is bizzare to me is that Eileen just won an Emmy for YR.

I think there is frustration on YR because Mal has his favorites.

StanaD

Postby StanaD » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:42 pm

Yeah I'm not buying this. I doubt Y&R could afford Rebecca Romijn. Sounds like something somebody made up tbh.

Kev5000

Postby Kev5000 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:58 pm

I hope the rumor is false. Rebecca Romijn would be totally wrong for the part of Ashley. Much too young. However given the poor decisions regarding writing/storyline lately, I would not be surprised about anything right now.

SmokyEyes

Postby SmokyEyes » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:39 pm

Way too young to for the role and to be playing against Victor, Jack, Dina and Traci. They must've lost their minds. Hopefully it's a rumor.

kayline12

Postby kayline12 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:13 pm

SmokyEyes wrote:Way too young to for the role and to be playing against Victor, Jack, Dina and Traci. They must've lost their minds. Hopefully it's a rumor.

I expect the writers to deage Ashley. A younger Ashley would be easier to write romantic sl's for. If they shave 10 or even better 15 years off Ashley's age, that makes her around Phyllis, Sharon, Vicky's age.

mollyandwally

Postby mollyandwally » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:10 pm

kayline12 wrote:
SmokyEyes wrote:Way too young to for the role and to be playing against Victor, Jack, Dina and Traci. They must've lost their minds. Hopefully it's a rumor.

I expect the writers to deage Ashley. A younger Ashley would be easier to write romantic sl's for. If they shave 10 or even better 15 years off Ashley's age, that makes her around Phyllis, Sharon, Vicky's age.

So the men can be geriatrics but the women have to be younger? That's so gross.

If everyone had your way of thinking they should just kill all women after 50 everywhere, the world would look better. If women are only valued for their youthful looks, old women are utterly useless and unnecessary.

Savy Soap Watcher

Postby Savy Soap Watcher » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:54 pm

I think by now I have learned that age is not a factor in the soap world - Ashley is supposed to be ageless so her replacement being younger than the current Ashley is no surprise - having an 80 year old mom - that might be a little outrageous.

gigglezz

Postby gigglezz » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:09 pm

mollyandwally wrote:
kayline12 wrote:

So the men can be geriatrics but the women have to be younger? That's so gross.

If everyone had your way of thinking they should just kill all women after 50 everywhere, the world would look better. If women are only valued for their youthful looks, old women are utterly useless and unnecessary.

:lol: :lol
Ed was so much better than all the men around her anyway.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”