Wardrobe

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
soapwatcher16
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:52 pm

Wardrobe

Postby soapwatcher16 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:26 am

I didn't notice a thread on Wardrobe lately. I thought I did see one, but don't know what happened to it. Sorry if I overlooked it. The outfit Mariah was wearing on Wednesdays show looked like she was wearing a table cloth and what in the heck was Tessa wearing?? Seriously? The red vest with the dangles across the front? I am interested in seeing Mariah after Summer is done with her. I thought that was interesting that Mariah went to Summer for help. With the outfit she was wearing, she was clearly asking for it, in my opinion.

User avatar
NJ SOAP LADY
Posts: 9088
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:25 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: Wardrobe

Postby NJ SOAP LADY » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:49 am

soapwatcher16 wrote:I didn't notice a thread on Wardrobe lately. I thought I did see one, but don't know what happened to it. Sorry if I overlooked it. The outfit Mariah was wearing on Wednesdays show looked like she was wearing a table cloth and what in the heck was Tessa wearing?? Seriously? The red vest with the dangles across the front? I am interested in seeing Mariah after Summer is done with her. I thought that was interesting that Mariah went to Summer for help. With the outfit she was wearing, she was clearly asking for it, in my opinion.


I also have looked for that thread as I posted on there, so thanks for starting a new one
Guess I will see today US show
I myself wear mores dresses in summer I actually feel cooler.....but younger women. I don't see many wearing slacks .....decent length shorts.

User avatar
Acadia_ca
Posts: 899
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:21 pm

Re: Wardrobe

Postby Acadia_ca » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:51 pm

I don't know what that catastrophe was that Tessa was wearing!

A white, long sleeve pullover top with one sleeve over-the-shoulder on the right arm like a normal top would be worn. Then the left arm was a full long sleeve but it instead of being over her shoulder like normal, it was yanked down to below her armpit so it was sitting mid bicep on her arm. She looked ridiculous!


User avatar
NJ SOAP LADY
Posts: 9088
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:25 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: Wardrobe

Postby NJ SOAP LADY » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:30 pm

Tessa outfit horrible
Phyllis. ....the pants open on the sides ugly. The top was odd sleeveless on one side long sleeve on other side
Mariah.....the cream color with her light skin didn't look good
Really all around bad wardrobe day

User avatar
Cabo
Posts: 2521
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:41 am

Re: Wardrobe

Postby Cabo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:51 pm

I often wonder if the B&B and Y&R have they’re wardrobe departments mixed up.
B&B runs a fashion house, and they dress pretty conservative and classy at the office.
Y&R looks short of running a porn industry, including sex everywhere too ! :lol:

User avatar
NJ SOAP LADY
Posts: 9088
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:25 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: Wardrobe

Postby NJ SOAP LADY » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:56 pm

Cabo wrote:I often wonder if the B&B and Y&R have they’re wardrobe departments mixed up.
B&B runs a fashion house, and they dress pretty conservative and classy at the office.
Y&R looks short of running a porn industry, including sex everywhere too ! :lol:

I've seen B&B a few times,can't get interested but you are right. The women usually dress like they are at a fashion house, except for character I think Hope...that girl needs to dress better
Y&R women dress for work many times like they are at some cocktail party

soapwatcher16
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:52 pm

Re: Wardrobe

Postby soapwatcher16 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:26 pm

Your welcome NJ Soap Lady. I posted a thread on Phyllis' outfit and then I noticed Mariah and Tessa's outfit and couldn't put it under the Phyllis one so I just made another one. I was going to mention Phyllis' skirt thing she was wearing when she went to Billy's office in the dark looking at the logs. That was very inappropriate as well for the office, but I know, everything she wears is inappropriate for work. Victoria dresses appropriate normally.

User avatar
NJ SOAP LADY
Posts: 9088
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:25 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: Wardrobe

Postby NJ SOAP LADY » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:53 pm

soapwatcher16 wrote:Your welcome NJ Soap Lady. I posted a thread on Phyllis' outfit and then I noticed Mariah and Tessa's outfit and couldn't put it under the Phyllis one so I just made another one. I was going to mention Phyllis' skirt thing she was wearing when she went to Billy's office in the dark looking at the logs. That was very inappropriate as well for the office, but I know, everything she wears is inappropriate for work. Victoria dresses appropriate normally.


Also I realize these ladies workout for hours to keep their shape but do they need to wear everything 2 sizes smaller. Suppose to be in an office I always found more a line type not skin tight to be comfortable. Yes it's tv. But can we get one tiny bit of reality as how women dress at work

NightCat
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:01 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Wardrobe

Postby NightCat » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:33 pm

I can't wait until the cutaway sleeve fashion is out of style. Tessa missing a sleeve. Yet she lives in that halfway house or whatever Rainbow Village they call it. Yet she can afford that?

Would be nice if Wardrobe dressed the characters to suit their situation in life.

Kyle running around with a hankie in his blazer pocket looks stupid.

User avatar
Acadia_ca
Posts: 899
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:21 pm

Re: Wardrobe

Postby Acadia_ca » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:37 pm

NightCat wrote:
Kyle running around with a hankie in his blazer pocket looks stupid.


The hanky is equivalent to a woman wearing a brooch. It's a fashion accessory.


Return to “The Young and the Restless”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kayline12, matilda4454, sgtppr, susannha and 1 guest

Back to Top