What do you think is the biggest mistake the writers have made?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Dexter Fan

Re: What do you think is the biggest mistake the writers have made?

Postby Dexter Fan » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:40 pm

Killing off Graham

Giving Dina Alzheimer's

Not giving Scott or Sam more of a chance with Sharon!
(Just how many times do they have to get Nick and Sharon back together anyhow)?

Bringing back air-head Summer! Billy is already gambling badly!
(Talk about her life is in Pieces! HA!HA!)

Not getting rid of Hilary sooner. What is going to happen when she really goes? Is she going to run off with Neil's Nephew, Nate then?

Having Jack involve Kyle in his Daddy issues. Now Kyle's doing very bad things to help Jack.

Not getting Ashley and Ravi more involved. Now he's gone,and she's going soon! So sad about it too! :| :| :? :? :( :( :cry: :cry:

ANorris

Postby ANorris » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:58 am

Lifetime Viewer wrote:
Cabo wrote:Getting rid of Adam......MM

I totally agree with you. I miss Michael Muhney as Adam so much. I will never give up hoping for his return. I'm sure MM fans will agree with me on this. I will never give up hoping. I loved Michael Muhney as Adam like I loved Holden Snyder on ATWT. They were my favorites. (:

I think that MM should have been reprimanded for his acknowledged "hubris" but I think the REAL reason for his termination by JFP is that she wanted both of the very popular GUYS (BM and MM) gone so that her parachuted guy SB who played the forgettable Dylan, would gain popularity - of course that never happened!! When we lost MS, BM and MM plus the loveable Delia within months of each other; the show was badly altered for me and ratings have been on a continued nose dive! MS and BM seem happy at General Hospital for the moment BUT they should bring back MM and just watch the viewership SOAR - try it with a 6 month contract just to see what happens and tell EB to just suck it up and think of the viewers for a change!!

Gemmey

Postby Gemmey » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:37 am

Bringing back MM will not raise the ratings. For every one that likes him there is one that can't stand him.

ANorris

Postby ANorris » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:47 am

Gemmey wrote:Bringing back MM will not raise the ratings. For every one that likes him there is one that can't stand him.

He does have his haters but I do believe that far more fans/viewers want MM back in the role of Adam Newman....

Gemmey

Postby Gemmey » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:13 am

ANorris wrote:
Gemmey wrote:Bringing back MM will not raise the ratings. For every one that likes him there is one that can't stand him.

He does have his haters but I do believe that far more fans/viewers want MM back in the role of Adam Newman....

Thankfully that will never happen. The guy can't hardly get anything else and he is a good actor so there is a reason for that. And that reason is why I don't think he will ever be hired back.

Dexter Fan

Postby Dexter Fan » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:39 pm

I now agree:
Getting rid of Adam(Both)
Getting rid of Hope
Getting rid of Tim
(He added alot of comedy after awhile)
Bringing Summer back
Getting rid of Sam, Piper, Ravi, Ashley, Graham, Courtney, No more Jill,Colin, and Kevin,and his Mom, (Gloria)
No Michael and Lauren lately
Having dumb Hilary and new Guest, and Maddie not talking much!
No Reid!
Making JT bad!!
Getting rid of Noah
Making Tessa a work-horse to Hilary, and NOT singing harldly enough!
Making Billy gamble, and hang out with that TWIT Summer is sooo bad!
New Nate is just NASTY!! He and Hilary NEED to run off together!
The list just goes on so long,it boggles the mind! And it's great,maybe the writers can finally read all the shows faults the fan hate! Maybe they can fix things!! :roll: :roll: :P :P

semper-fi

Postby semper-fi » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:20 pm

susanBB wrote:
TigerEyes017 wrote:Bringing Phyllis back from a coma.
Phyllis and Billy sex is #1
Bringing Tessa on
Killing Brad off
Killing John Abbott off
Bringing Summer home
Killing Adam off

Wow! My thoughts exactly.
However, I would add - Victor still being a horrible bully and his family always, always kissing his butt.

Same here. Also, making Billy CEO of Jabot

Dale222

Postby Dale222 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:28 pm

ANorris wrote:

I'm one that would love MM back in the role, however, I doubt that it will happen which is too bad.

Mamarose10

Postby Mamarose10 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:18 pm

Killing off John Abbott (miss him).

Killing off Cassie (at least we get the wonderful Camryn Grimes back in the form of Moriah).

Messing with Jack's Paternity. He is an ABBOTT...stop decimating the Abbott family please!

Not using Jill more, not using Paul more, not using Michael more and not using Lauren more!

Kev5000

Postby Kev5000 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:05 pm

Mamarose10 wrote:Killing off John Abbott (miss him).

Killing off Cassie (at least we get the wonderful Camryn Grimes back in the form of Moriah).

Messing with Jack's Paternity. He is an ABBOTT...stop decimating the Abbott family please!

Not using Jill more, not using Paul more, not using Michael more and not using Lauren more!

I totally agree with everything you stated. I would also add putting so much focus on Devon and Hilary. I have zero interest in them but they are on almost every day. But Jack's paternity is right up there with the Marco Anicelli storyline..totally absurd. They are destroying the beloved Abbotts.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”