SPOILER: Hillary and Alka Seltzer???

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Elba

SPOILER: Hillary and Alka Seltzer???

Postby Elba » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:38 pm

Wow! Spoilers seem to indicate that Hillary is taking Alka Seltzer for nausea, etc. which almost everyone knows is very harmful to pregnant women as it contains ingredients found in Aspirin which can cause allergic reactions, bleeding among other harmful effects. Is this how she will lose the baby and then exit the soap? This last comment is pure speculation ...but...I sure hope it is only Seltzer water she is drinking! LOL Elba :(

Eightsandnines

Re: SPOILER: Hillary and Alka Seltzer???

Postby Eightsandnines » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:25 am

Elba wrote:Wow! Spoilers seem to indicate that Hillary is taking Alka Seltzer for nausea, etc. which almost everyone knows is very harmful to pregnant women as it contains ingredients found in Aspirin which can cause allergic reactions, bleeding among other harmful effects. Is this how she will lose the baby and then exit the soap? This last comment is pure speculation ...but...I sure hope it is only Seltzer water she is drinking! LOL Elba :(

Wow I never knew it was bad for you...

Eightsandnines

Postby Eightsandnines » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:39 am

Elba wrote:Wow! Spoilers seem to indicate that Hillary is taking Alka Seltzer for nausea, etc. which almost everyone knows is very harmful to pregnant women as it contains ingredients found in Aspirin which can cause allergic reactions, bleeding among other harmful effects. Is this how she will lose the baby and then exit the soap? This last comment is pure speculation ...but...I sure hope it is only Seltzer water she is drinking! LOL Elba :(

Ok I guess it's not completely true that I didn't know it was bad for you but I guess I thought that it wasn't so bad that it could cause a miscarriage... Guess I'm just naive.. lol

Elba

Postby Elba » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:18 pm

Most persons think Alka-Seltzer is "harmless." It sure works well for indigestion for folks that have no allergies to Aspirin or other like products or are not pregnant. It is important to read all the directions and warnings carefully on any med. Actually, a pregnant woman should only use meds or "home remedies" prescribed by her MD to stay safe. Sodium Bicarbonate is the main ingredient in many over-the-counter meds for indigestion ailments....but Excess Sodium (salt) is not good for pregnant women (raises Blood Pressure) and excess Bicarbonate (which is a base) is not good either. LOL Elba ;)

Eightsandnines

Postby Eightsandnines » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:02 am

Elba wrote:Most persons think Alka-Seltzer is "harmless." It sure works well for indigestion for folks that have no allergies to Aspirin or other like products or are not pregnant. It is important to read all the directions and warnings carefully on any med. Actually, a pregnant woman should only use meds or "home remedies" prescribed by her MD to stay safe. Sodium Bicarbonate is the main ingredient in many over-the-counter meds for indigestion ailments....but Excess Sodium (salt) is not good for pregnant women (raises Blood Pressure) and excess Bicarbonate (which is a base) is not good either. LOL Elba ;)

Yeah I've used it maybe once a day every once in a while for different reasons but I just never really read anything..lol I just remember when my mom use to tell me to use it for this or that... Of never questioning her. Why read when momma says take it ...you just do! Lol!!
I only read stuff when I haven't taken it before.. I guess I'll be reading more labels lol. Of course I'm not having anymore kids. I have 2, boy 24 and girl 17 but I need to know these things for them. Xoxo thanks!!

Return to “The Young and the Restless”