sharon and nick leave christian alone

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
cinderella2

Re: sharon and nick leave christian alone

Postby cinderella2 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:13 pm

Gemmey wrote:
cinderella2 wrote:
vicki2 wrote::shock: i am confused. did anyone else notice that on friday sharon and nick ran out of the house leaving christian alone taking his nap?

The sitter was upstairs with him.

There was no talk about a babysitter. They left the kid alone. No wonder they don't get custody.

There was no talk that there wasn't one either.

mo195000

Postby mo195000 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:38 pm

Nick and Sharon would never leave Christian alone. I think the writers left it to our assumption that Christian's nanny or sitter was there. It is a very common occurrence in Genoa City that the sitter and/or nanny is usually present in the home even when the parents are there.

I am thinking this makes it much easier for the characters who have children to be able to move around a lot easier, i.e. go to work, go out to dinner, go to visit a friend, etc. Therefore, making it easier for the writers to create more interesting stories for main characters. Otherwise, we would have a lot more stories about how Sharon prefers to fold laundry, how much she dislikes to constantly pick up toys, what laundry detergent she prefers, etc. Just trying to show why there are a lot of nannies - it allows the show to show adult characters in more and different places and scenarios.

GeauxTigers

Postby GeauxTigers » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:08 pm

Small children should either be part of the storiy, for those who have them, or not. Otherwise they are just slung around as pawns from one caretaker to another when they are involved in a storyline, either because of separation, divorce, death of a parent or custody.

IMO too much is “assumed” at the expense of seldom seen children, making it look like adult relationships and their childish issues are more important than raising a family hands on, including changing diapers, cooking 3 meals a day, and reading to them every night at bedtime!

No this isn’t Donna Reed or Leave It to Beaver, but heck, families with lotsa money should not let non family members spend more time with their kids than they do.

Gemmey

Postby Gemmey » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:01 pm

[quote="cinderella2"][quote="Gemmey"]

But you said the sitter was upstairs.. that did not happen. #fakenews. :twisted:

LoganH8tr

Postby LoganH8tr » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:18 pm

Gemmey wrote:
cinderella2 wrote:
vicki2 wrote::shock: i am confused. did anyone else notice that on friday sharon and nick ran out of the house leaving christian alone taking his nap?

The sitter was upstairs with him.

There was no talk about a babysitter. They left the kid alone. No wonder they don't get custody.

For real!

Sharon is the worst mother on YR. She shouldn't even be in charge of an imaginary pet rock...much less an actual human.

TigerEyes017

Postby TigerEyes017 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:32 pm

LoganH8tr you said

For real!

Sharon is the worst mother on YR. She shouldn't even be in charge of an imaginary pet rock...much less an actual human.

No that would have been Phyllis, when she lost custody of Daniel and they declared her as unfit. That was the worse in Y&R history.
And Phyllis just told Nick that Sharon was a good mother.

TigerEyes017

Postby TigerEyes017 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:34 pm

Gemmey wrote:
cinderella2 wrote:
Gemmey wrote:
But you said the sitter was upstairs.. that did not happen. #fakenews. :twisted:

We all know that sitter was somewhere around the home, maybe upstairs, the kitchen. Don't matter there were a nanny somewhere in the house. Lol.

NJenkins

Postby NJenkins » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:39 pm

of course there was a sitter in the house and all the viewers know that so there's no point in wasting any more breath on that topic :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lizzytish

Postby Lizzytish » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:56 pm

Nick has mentioned “Monique” several times so I’m sure she was around just like Victoria s invisible Hanna.

DarthCardo

Postby DarthCardo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:05 pm

NJ SOAP LADY wrote:
YandR and Days wrote:

I noticed, but I must have missed them talking about the sitter, I kept waiting for someone to say something but I never heard any mention of a sitter.

Sharon said Christian fell asleep for his nap as soon as she put him down, nothing about the sitter

That is what I heard and nothing about a sitter. I thought... man, here they are trying to win custody of the kid and yet they abandon him for Nick's temper tantrum at the Athletic Club. Really?

Return to “The Young and the Restless”