Are there forer Victor fans who have finally had enough of YR propping him up already???

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
cinderella2

Re: Are there forer Victor fans who have finally had enough of YR propping him up already???

Postby cinderella2 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:57 pm

I have this love hate relationship with Victor :mrgreen:

kayline12

Re: Are there forer Victor fans who have finally had enough of YR propping him up already???

Postby kayline12 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:27 pm

cinderella2 wrote:I have this love hate relationship with Victor :mrgreen:

Me too!

Nezy

Postby Nezy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:03 pm

I don't hate any character, but victor is about as close to that as anyone else could get. I find him vile and heartless, but at the same time I see the value in a character like his. Many dramas (especially soaps) always has that one, all powering protagonist. He's needed on the show IMO, just wish he wasn't so evil.

revenants

Postby revenants » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:14 pm

Lifetime Viewer wrote:I used to love Victor.

Poor writing has made Victor into an evil cartoon character unenjoyable to watch because Victor NEVER LOSES. It is fast forward material.

Victor used to love and adore his family. He was a bit controlling in past years, but his hovering was always meant to help his family no matter what.

Now, Victor is sadistic, evil and enjoys watching the pain he inflicts on his family.

This is exactly how I see it, too. This sad excuse for a show that I used to love has turned my favorite soap character of all time into a feeble-minded, cartoonish villain — sort of a rich, powerful, elderly Dr. Evil. It's honestly pretty hard to watch the train wreck this show has become, and that's in large part due to the way they've bastardized and ruined Victor's character.

Nezy

Postby Nezy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:31 pm

Poor writing has made Victor into an evil cartoon character unenjoyable to watch because Victor NEVER LOSES. It is fast forward material.

Victor used to love and adore his family. He was a bit controlling in past years, but his hovering was always meant to help his family no matter what.

Now, Victor is sadistic, evil and enjoys watching the pain he inflicts on his family. Victor is an abusive monster.

I will not miss Victor when he is no longer on YR.

I definitely agree. He's always been ruthless and sinister, but he was much more complicated and multifaceted in the past. He does make a great villain, but previous writers of the last decade has taken this need to have victor come out on top all the time to the point of no return. Every villain has to experience defeat from time to time, or they become one-note and boring.

Acadia_ca

Postby Acadia_ca » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:33 pm

Now, Victor is sadistic, evil and enjoys watching the pain he inflicts on his family. Victor is an abusive monster.

I will not miss Victor when he is no longer on YR.

I was going to comment on this thread. But you said it so well that I'm just going to quote you!

I just got finished replying to another Thread about storylines. And it got me thinking. The last time that I actually liked the Victor character was when he was with Hope. He actually came across as human back then.

bee242424

Postby bee242424 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:07 am

I can’t stand Victor. When he started having Sharon gas lighted and then the whole Marco fiasco, jack being kidnapped etc
He is to vile to support in my opinion. Abby is moving off the ranch and I wish Sharon and nick would get out too. Everyone loves the cottage and I know it’s Sharon’s but I wish they had no connection to Victor.

I just do not enjoy the writing for him.

AudreyYR

Postby AudreyYR » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:31 pm

I have never liked Victor Newman since the character showed up in Genoa City and my dislike was justified when he kidnapped Michael Scott, held him in his basement and fed him rats for dinner. Victor has gotten progressively worse through the decades and I dislike him more with each passing day.

ann monique

Postby ann monique » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:42 pm

reading post like these always make me laugh
because i all i see is victor propping other characters
big bad victor used to make someone the victim
im suppose to hate victor and cheer on the other character
maybe thats why victor always wins nothing to do with a stupid contract
but the fact that the writers know the character of victor can handle the hit and hate from fans
victors always win making the other characters the under dogs who will be liked even more than before

mgmad1993

Postby mgmad1993 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:47 pm

I have always been a Victor fan but you're right-he has crossed lines that should have never been crossed. The Marco story was the worst until now. He took Christian away from his own son and took Christian from the only father he has ever known. Victor is a powerful character and the actor has a lot of talent, why not use him??

Return to “The Young and the Restless”