Summer Looks Like a Supermodel!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
NJ SOAP LADY

Re: Summer Looks Like a Supermodel!

Postby NJ SOAP LADY » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:45 am

tweeterz wrote:
NJ SOAP LADY wrote:
ANorris wrote:
Wow that sounds mean. I think all of these girls are pretty.

How could that possibly be considered MEAN LOL...? I said she was pretty but Too SHORT to be a supermodel! :lol: :roll:

It isn't mean or bashing in any way. Summer/HK is not tall as models generally need to be.
Good figure yes.....but that's what they are paid to be. They must spend hours every day with trainers.

If I wouldn't say it to their face I consider it mean. And I would never tell a beautiful young girl that she was too short and squat . But that is just how I work.[/quote]

Yes it might be considered mean to some bug...in the entertainment business they need to be able to take criticism. .....model agency would tell her too short. Some director or whoever hires could say too old looking for someone in mud 20's. So it's not mean

Lizzytish

Postby Lizzytish » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:28 pm

Abby is beautiful!
Phyllis is sultry.
Ashley is flashy.
Mariah is pretty.
Sharon is very pretty.
Victoria is very attractive, but her hair overpowers her small frame
Summer is a cute teenager.

kayline12

Postby kayline12 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:46 pm

It's ok, Summer is beautiful to the folks who matter, like the EP and HW at Y&R. That dialog between Mariah and Summer last Thursday was brutally honest and it told us exactly how the powers that be feel about both characters. So rewind it and listen. It's no wonder that HK was welcomed back with open armas and put right on the front burner. So it doesn't matter how much the character is bashed, it clearly it not hurting the character or the actress one bit!

tweeterz

Postby tweeterz » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:47 am

NJ SOAP LADY wrote:It isn't mean or bashing in any way. Summer/HK is not tall as models generally need to be.
Good figure yes.....but that's what they are paid to be. They must spend hours every day with trainers.

If I wouldn't say it to their face I consider it mean. And I would never tell a beautiful young girl that she was too short and squat . But that is just how I work.[/quote]

Yes it might be considered mean to some bug...in the entertainment business they need to be able to take criticism. .....model agency would tell her too short. Some director or whoever hires could say too old looking for someone in mud 20's. So it's not mean[/quote]

All I go by is how would I like someone saying I was too short and squat. I wouldn't, so I wouldn't say it about someone else. But that is just how I roll. If you are ok with it, by all means, go there.

CarselSoap

Postby CarselSoap » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:58 am

I don't know why HK is being referred to as "squat", according to the definition: short and thickset; disproportionately broad or wide. HK isn't thickest, disproportionately broad or wide. Referring to her as "squat" is actress bashing.

tweeterz

Postby tweeterz » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:02 am

CarselSoap wrote:I don't know why HK is being referred to as "squat", according to the definition: short and thickset; disproportionately broad or wide. HK isn't thickest, disproportionately broad or wide. Referring to her as "squat" is actress bashing.

Absolutely and everyone here knows it. :roll:

kayline12

Postby kayline12 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:18 pm

tweeterz wrote:
CarselSoap wrote:I don't know why HK is being referred to as "squat", according to the definition: short and thickset; disproportionately broad or wide. HK isn't thickest, disproportionately broad or wide. Referring to her as "squat" is actress bashing.

Absolutely and everyone here knows it. :roll:

YES!

TigerEyes017

Postby TigerEyes017 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:43 pm

Lizzytish wrote:Abby is beautiful!
Phyllis is sultry.
Ashley is flashy.
Mariah is pretty.

Sharon is very pretty.
Victoria is very attractive, but her hair overpowers her small frame
Summer is a cute teenager.

Sharon, Ashley and Mariah is just plain out gorgeous.

anitalynn

Postby anitalynn » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:51 pm

"A pretty face don't make no pretty heart." (from Robert Palmer's song)

kayline12

Postby kayline12 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:22 pm

anitalynn wrote:"A pretty face don't make no pretty heart." (from Robert Palmer's song)

Wow! That's really deep.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”