What if (Jack's Parentage)

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Blondie69

What if (Jack's Parentage)

Postby Blondie69 » Sun May 20, 2018 8:40 pm

Dina and John adopted Jack and he was not born out of wedlock. Dina is getting things all mixed up in her head (which happens with Alzheimer patients). No one did a DNA if Dina was Jack's natural mother. Possibly a friend of theirs (maybe maybe Liz (or maybe Victor's mother) and she could not afford to take care of it so Dina and John adopted Jack. I think it would make Jack feel so much better. Of course, Ashley had to deal with Dina's affair with Brent but it wasn't like Dina was sleeping with everyone. I would like to think John was who she kept getting mixed up with or maybe Victor. Victor and Katherine may have had a thing and John and Dina adopted the child.

thumper55

Re: What if (Jack's Parentage)

Postby thumper55 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:03 pm

This something that has been going around in my head. Maybe none of them are Dina's children.they are all adopted. Maybe she could not have any children and that is why she had so many affairs, she couldn't cope with the idea of not being able to have any children.

nytwhatevr

Postby nytwhatevr » Mon May 21, 2018 12:17 am

When they did the 1st DNA with Traci and Jack's hairbrushes, if they also had different mothers, I would think the test would show that. They would have to have eliminated the same DNA--which would be Dina's---and then compare the remaining, which showed they were not a match. If they had different mothers and fathers, I would think the lab would have told them that.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Mon May 21, 2018 8:53 am

nytwhatevr wrote:When they did the 1st DNA with Traci and Jack's hairbrushes, if they also had different mothers, I would think the test would show that. They would have to have eliminated the same DNA--which would be Dina's---and then compare the remaining, which showed they were not a match. If they had different mothers and fathers, I would think the lab would have told them that.

Maybe hairbrush DNA only reveals paternal genes. I am being silly but not completely. When you take a DNA test for Ancestry, you have to specify which test you need. For instance, I trace, thru the records, to a Lee who died in 1784 & he was definitely a Virginia Lee from the same area as THE Lees and a huge book was written claiming he was a descendant of the brother of Robert E. Lee's first American ancestor but even if it were true, I could never prove it without a male Lee from my line to test and my ancestor only had two sons & both died and/or disappeared soon after their father. I know female lineage is traced thru "mitochondrial" DNA but I can't remember the term for direct, male to male descent. Something with a Y in it.

Blondie69

Postby Blondie69 » Mon May 21, 2018 9:52 pm

Plus they were only looking for paternal dna and they probably didn't even specify that they wanted a full dna done on both paternal and maternal. Everyone was so sure that Dina was the mother. Ashley is definitely Dina and Brent's that is not only verified by DNA but both Brent and Dina admitted to it and she probably didn't have sex with John or anyone else. As far as Jack goes he was the first and I could see them adopting him, not only if they thought they couldn't have children but if he was say Katherine's by Phillip when she was still married to Gary. (I know Phillip isn't much older than Jack but since they are gone, we can play with the ages) or maybe Katherine was pregnant by her husband but wanted to stay with Phillip. I just don't want Dina to die as someone who had sex with everyone. I prefer to think everything was just getting mixed up in her head.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”