Cassie’s anniversary

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Dkingz1130

Cassie’s anniversary

Postby Dkingz1130 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:13 am

I understand the writers want to be realistic and remember the dead characters every year, but Cassie’s anniversary has been beaten to the death. No pun intended

Bresean

Re: Cassie’s anniversary

Postby Bresean » Sun May 20, 2018 2:54 pm

Dkingz1130 wrote:I understand the writers want to be realistic and remember the dead characters every year, but Cassie’s anniversary has been beaten to the death. No pun intended

I agree with you, I'm personally tired of hearing about Cassie every year, like she's the only person who died, is worth remembering, what about Colleen, John Abbott, Katherine. :(

Megs9786

Postby Megs9786 » Sun May 20, 2018 3:46 pm

I love hearing about Cassie and I am so glad they remember her every year the child was loved by so many very dearly. Also they just had a reunion and it was in Colleens honor and her mom got to speak at it and it was so nice to see colleen remember but as for Cassie I never get tired of seeing the love that her family still feel for her.

NJ SOAP LADY

Postby NJ SOAP LADY » Sun May 20, 2018 4:45 pm

Bresean wrote:
Dkingz1130 wrote:I understand the writers want to be realistic and remember the dead characters every year, but Cassie’s anniversary has been beaten to the death. No pun intended

I agree with you, I'm personally tired of hearing about Cassie every year, like she's the only person who died, is worth remembering, what about Colleen, John Abbott, Katherine. :(

I do understand a parent remembering death of a child, their birthday etc. However as stated and I agree. They make too much of Cassie what about, except at this reunion, remembering Colleen every year victor should be doing something he has her heart, or do more on Delia birthday and /or anniversary when she died samewith johnabbott Katherine Chancellor and some others

NJenkins

Postby NJenkins » Sun May 20, 2018 5:19 pm

Well the main characters of Y and R...John, Katherine, Cassie are remembered...Chancellor Park and dedications to Katherine...Johns ghost and Cassies death. Big ratings on those characters so they bring them back regularly. Just my take on the whole thing.

NJ SOAP LADY

Postby NJ SOAP LADY » Sun May 20, 2018 5:37 pm

NJenkins wrote:Well the main characters of Y and R...John, Katherine, Cassie are remembered...Chancellor Park and dedications to Katherine...Johns ghost and Cassies death. Big ratings on those characters so they bring them back regularly. Just my take on the whole thing.

Yes the dedication which should have been a lovely moment only made silly as nikki was at the hospital jill stepped in and nikki should have been gracious instead barging in ....no that wasn't remembering Katherine. John Abbott ghost hopefully will appear it's been probably 2 years since he was on last.

NJenkins

Postby NJenkins » Sun May 20, 2018 6:25 pm

I know but I am just saying that they pay tribute to these characters in their own way year in and year out. There have been many tributes to Katherine and John and Cassie. That is all I am saying.

Riskybeee

Postby Riskybeee » Sun May 20, 2018 6:51 pm

Bresean wrote:

That is right. I can't stand it!

janetb

Postby janetb » Mon May 21, 2018 2:35 pm

Bresean wrote:

I agree, Cassie is treated as if she's the only young person they ever killed off. A mention of it being a sad day is one thing but after the first year a big memorial isn't necessary. Where is the Newman gratitude for Colleen and Delia who died because of a Newman and who were organ donors to a Newman. No mention of them. The park dedication wasn't for an anniversary and I don't think a memorial for Katherine is neccessary anymore either.

Nezy

Postby Nezy » Mon May 21, 2018 4:14 pm

NJenkins wrote:I know but I am just saying that they pay tribute to these characters in their own way year in and year out. There have been many tributes to Katherine and John and Cassie. That is all I am saying.

Exactly. Thank you for pointing that out. This is the anniversary of Cassie's death, no parent would ever forget a day like that and what that lead to. Its fitting to continue to show parents who never stop mourning the death of their child, and I hope they continue to do that for Cassie and others as well.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”