Shick is ICK

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
kayline12

Re: Shick is ICK

Postby kayline12 » Sun May 27, 2018 1:47 pm

[quote="Megs9786"][quote="JustOneView"]In today's age of DVR technology where we can control what we watch and what we opt out of via the FF zip through feature, the writers know they can experiment with an endless parade of reunions and bust ups because, in the long run, the show will survive. Aren't there only about 3 or 4 soaps left? So the chances of at least a show horse are pretty good. Writers on these shows make musical chairs look like adult games...they come and go without a worry in the world of disrupting longtime loyal viewers with shoddy, rehashed storylines with dumb or boring, or both, characters.

For those of us who have DVR, and can cut the show down to 45 min., 30 min, or even 15 minutes when certain characters who don't entertain us soak up the airtime of a particular day -- in my case, Sharon/Nick, Hilary/Devon, Kyle, Cane -- we are in good shape to do or watch something else.

For those who still watch this soap live, the torture continues if you consider Nick & Sharon to be a dumb & dumber circus act. :lol:

For those who like Sharon & Nick to always boomerang and bang back together, good for you.

I only wonder: if these two were really a romantic couple, and not one looking first and foremost for lust, wouldn't they have always stayed together? I have been married almost 36 years and have stayed with my spouse in spite of ups and downs. And wouldn't Sharon have cared enough for Nick to be transparent and tell him she was sitting Christian for Sage until she died, and for him after she died, instead of selfishly calling him "Sully", when she knew the child never was her baby, after she faked a pregnancy and voluntarily admitted herself into a psychiatric home?[/quote

Why would Nick want a tramp that slept with his brother Adam, his former brother-in-law Billy and worst of all his own father Victor! Oh and she is crazy too!

JustOneView

Postby JustOneView » Sun May 27, 2018 1:59 pm

My own view of why the ratings are down is not due to any one couple or person.

But the choices of what characters get the majority of the airtime is on a sure crash & burn path.

Instead of including some classy couples where romance and chivalry still exists....a good storyline with Michael & Lauren; a decent matchup for Ashley with a real gentleman near her age (not a kid); Victoria with an honest, classy guy who is not a psycho "ex" out to wife beat, or drink & gamble himself into oblivion; a great guy for Tracy; or a brand new on the scene mature woman mate for Jack who is independent but not in any competition with him business wise, but a solid wife;

....we have a couple (Phyllis & Billy) who are getting it on in the office during business hours, or in an elevator, or on a food prep kitchen surface, etc.; a lust and bust roller coaster couple in bliss one day and in trouble the next, currently approaching the top before descending again (Nick & Sharon); a sperm donor for a complete head case (Devon & Hilary); a couple of old farts who now like to flutter with youngsters less than half their age (Victor & Nikki); and a couple of young guys (Kyle & Arturo) who think they have been through all of life's experiences and have all the answers...

Viewers could get together and write, direct and produce a soap better than the slop being offered every week...and now we have to endure the long, hot summer WITH Summer?

No wonder people, particularly the old timers, are tired of current characters & storylines!! geez

kayline12

Postby kayline12 » Sun May 27, 2018 2:48 pm

JustOneView wrote:My own view of why the ratings are down is not due to any one couple or person.

But the choices of what characters get the majority of the airtime is on a sure crash & burn path.

Instead of including some classy couples where romance and chivalry still exists....a good storyline with Michael & Lauren; a decent matchup for Ashley with a real gentleman near her age (not a kid); Victoria with an honest, classy guy who is not a psycho "ex" out to wife beat, or drink & gamble himself into oblivion; a great guy for Tracy; or a brand new on the scene mature woman mate for Jack who is independent but not in any competition with him business wise, but a solid wife;

....we have a couple (Phyllis & Billy) who are getting it on in the office during business hours, or in an elevator, or on a food prep kitchen surface, etc.; a lust and bust roller coaster couple in bliss one day and in trouble the next, currently approaching the top before descending again (Nick & Sharon); a sperm donor for a complete head case (Devon & Hilary); a couple of old farts who now like to flutter with youngsters less than half their age (Victor & Nikki); and a couple of young guys (Kyle & Arturo) who think they have been throGhaugh all of life's experiences and have all the answers...

Viewers could get together and write, direct and produce a soap better than the slop being offered every week...and now we have to endure the long, hot summer WITH Summer?

No wonder people, particularly the old timers, are tired of current characters & storylines!! geez

How about enduring 24 years of the idiot aka Sharon!

JustOneView

Postby JustOneView » Sun May 27, 2018 4:31 pm

kayline12 wrote:
JustOneView wrote:My own view of why the ratings are down is not due to any one couple or person.

....we have a couple (Phyllis & Billy) who are getting it on in the office during business hours, or in an elevator, or on a food prep kitchen surface, etc.; a lust and bust roller coaster couple in bliss one day and in trouble the next, currently approaching the top before descending again (Nick & Sharon); a sperm donor for a complete head case (Devon & Hilary); a couple of old farts who now like to flutter with youngsters less than half their age (Victor & Nikki); and a couple of young guys (Kyle & Arturo) who think they have been throGhaugh all of life's experiences and have all the answers...

How about enduring 24 years of the idiot aka Sharon!

So who have lifetime renewable contracts?
The actors & actresses who play...
Victor & Nikki
Victoria
Nick & Sharon
Jack, Ashley, Tracy
Paul & Cricket
Michael & Lauren
Jill

Haven’t the others been played by others in recent years?

JONSEY70

Postby JONSEY70 » Sun May 27, 2018 6:02 pm

I just don't understand why the writers keep trying to put them together. Just like with Billy and Victoria. Strengthen up the women also. There's a new generation of women watching these shows and it's very degrading to see them in relationships that aren't healthy. I know this is entertainment, but ya' gotta put some kind of reality into it. Although I'm not a Sharon fan, when before Nick moved in, she was taking courses and getting those little people in her head settled. All the two of them do is screw on that nasty sofa! If the relationship is so meaningful at least have them go away together or cripes! share an intimate meal OUTSIDE the breakfast nook......And you wonder why their children are all mind twisted. CBS should run a competition, ask the viewers to write an episode and the winning one will be used with the winner also getting paid $50,000.00 ( I'm broke ;) ) Hell, it can't be as bad as what a room full of writers are doing, right?

TigerEyes017

Postby TigerEyes017 » Sun May 27, 2018 6:11 pm

JONSEY70 wrote:I just don't understand why the writers keep trying to put them together. Just like with Billy and Victoria. Strengthen up the women also. There's a new generation of women watching these shows and it's very degrading to see them in relationships that aren't healthy. I know this is entertainment, but ya' gotta put some kind of reality into it. Although I'm not a Sharon fan, when before Nick moved in, she was taking courses and getting those little people in her head settled. All the two of them do is screw on that nasty sofa! If the relationship is so meaningful at least have them go away together or cripes! share an intimate meal OUTSIDE the breakfast nook......And you wonder why their children are all mind twisted. CBS should run a competition, ask the viewers to write an episode and the winning one will be used with the winner also getting paid $50,000.00 ( I'm broke ;) ) Hell, it can't be as bad as what a room full of writers are doing, right?

It's not any couples. They fell to tell others the ratings has been down close to a year or more when they posted the ratings. Anyone can check it out. They have been down way before Nick and Sharon got together before Nick got with Chelsea, before Phyllis got with Billy. It's nothing new.

Gnuc

Postby Gnuc » Sun May 27, 2018 6:29 pm

JONSEY70 wrote:I just don't understand why the writers keep trying to put them together. Just like with Billy and Victoria. Strengthen up the women also. There's a new generation of women watching these shows and it's very degrading to see them in relationships that aren't healthy. I know this is entertainment, but ya' gotta put some kind of reality into it. Although I'm not a Sharon fan, when before Nick moved in, she was taking courses and getting those little people in her head settled. All the two of them do is screw on that nasty sofa! If the relationship is so meaningful at least have them go away together or cripes! share an intimate meal OUTSIDE the breakfast nook......And you wonder why their children are all mind twisted. CBS should run a competition, ask the viewers to write an episode and the winning one will be used with the winner also getting paid $50,000.00 ( I'm broke ;) ) Hell, it can't be as bad as what a room full of writers are doing, right?

I agree. T0day'z young ladies are not into these controlling abusive type relationships. Shick is toxic and are much better as co parents.

Riskybeee

Postby Riskybeee » Sun May 27, 2018 7:56 pm

JustOneView wrote:
Megs9786 wrote:Why would anyone stay with a man that started sleeping with a slutbag after their child died. I know its hard not to compare real life situations to soap land story telling but no women would have stayed after what Nick did. Now time has passed they have grown and healed I'm am feeling them two getting back together is the right timing.

A better question would be:

Why would any thoughtful woman EVER return to a man who slept with a slutbag after their child died? And then why would "time" have anything to do with it if the woman was still youthful, vibrant and could easily meet a man who would never do this and would fulfill her hopes and dreams so much more honestly than a lazy trust fund goof with zero ambition who didn't even realize she was likely the one who through her dishonesty led to his fiancee's fiery car crash and tragic death?

This is is exactly what makes it so bad!! Neither one of these people would want anything to do with each other! Ever!! Way too much stuff has happened that Nick falling in love with Phyllis looks like childs play. There is no way Nick could be in the same room with her after her kidnapping Christian and what she did to Summer plus her sleeping with everyone, including his father.

The way she is written I believe she would do anything for Nick. She is a whackadoo who is obsessed with Nick and they have always written her as needy and weak. N

snakeye

Postby snakeye » Sun May 27, 2018 10:21 pm

TigerEyes017 wrote:Phyllis has done two brothers and if it turns out Jack is Nick brother, than that will make another brother of Jacks that Phyllis slept with. That is disgusting as well. On top of that she has kissed Adam at the AC and Victor in his home. So Phyllis is no better than Sharon.

Yep, you are right on! I don't care what anyone else thinks. I love Shick......soulmates IMHO ;)

cinderella2

Postby cinderella2 » Mon May 28, 2018 8:31 am

kayline12 wrote:
Megs9786 wrote:
JustOneView wrote:In today's age of DVR technology where we can control what we watch and what we opt out of via the FF zip through feature, the writers know they can experiment with an endless parade of reunions and bust ups because, in the long run, the show will survive. Aren't there only about 3 or 4 soaps left? So the chances of at least a show horse are pretty good. Writers on these shows make musical chairs look like adult games...they come and go without a worry in the world of disrupting longtime loyal viewers with shoddy, rehashed storylines with dumb or boring, or both, characters.

For those of us who have DVR, and can cut the show down to 45 min., 30 min, or even 15 minutes when certain characters who don't entertain us soak up the airtime of a particular day -- in my case, Sharon/Nick, Hilary/Devon, Kyle, Cane -- we are in good shape to do or watch something else.

For those who still watch this soap live, the torture continues if you consider Nick & Sharon to be a dumb & dumber circus act. :lol:

For those who like Sharon & Nick to always boomerang and bang back together, good for you.

I only wonder: if these two were really a romantic couple, and not one looking first and foremost for lust, wouldn't they have always stayed together? I have been married almost 36 years and have stayed with my spouse in spite of ups and downs. And wouldn't Sharon have cared enough for Nick to be transparent and tell him she was sitting Christian for Sage until she died, and for him after she died, instead of selfishly calling him "Sully", when she knew the child never was her baby, after she faked a pregnancy and voluntarily admitted herself into a psychiatric home?[/quote

Why would Nick want a tramp that slept with his brother Adam, his former brother-in-law Billy and worst of all his own father Victor! Oh and she is crazy too!

Adam loved Sharon and married her.

Dylan loved Sharon and married her.

Sharon and Victor had sex..... :shock: :o :lol: :roll: show us the video.

Crazy??? all the people in GC are! ;)

Lust leaves a relationship very early on but true love is very lasting and that is what SHICK has.

Nick apologized for starting up with Phyllis (the worst mistake of his life) :lol: he wishes he never went near her. :lol:

Sharon and Nick starting off their relationship on a good note. Sharon also is protecting his Mother and Sister.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”