Phyllis and her broomstick...

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
TigerEyes017

Re: Phyllis and her broomstick...

Postby TigerEyes017 » Sun May 20, 2018 12:28 pm

suzziy wrote:
eli10 wrote:I like Phyllis usually but the character is definitely being utilized way too much. It feels like she is in every scene and it is too much. Just cut it back some before people really start hating the character.

It seems lately that the writers are trying to bring back the old personality traits of this character and it's not working. They've changed her look a couple of times and lately it seems that they are trying to make her look older and colder. Michelle Stafford who played the original Phyllis was more sly, unpredictable and slightly off the wall and was a pleasure to watch because you never knew quite what to expect at any given moment. Gino Tognoni is a good actress, but I don't think she was a good replacement.

Since Phyllis is one of the main characters and is so intertwined with everyone because of her history, I don't see them giving her a smaller role. Who knows though with these writers.

Phyllis charater is getting older, she is aging fast just like Lauren, Christine, Traci, Jack, Michael and list goes on. Their younger days are long gone.

TigerEyes017

Postby TigerEyes017 » Sun May 20, 2018 12:35 pm

rediculous wrote:
TigerEyes017 wrote:
SadieM wrote:Phyllis should never be written out. ANd her children and grandchild should be moving to GC.

Daniel moved to get away from her. She was ruining his life.

not so sure Summer didn't too...

That maybe so. Summer could not catch her breathe for Phyllis was standing over her all the time.

loveyourself

Postby loveyourself » Sun May 20, 2018 1:53 pm

All I’m going to say is Phyllis isn’t going anywhere. Queen Phyllis is here to stay and by her King’s Side (Billy).

Gigikins

Postby Gigikins » Sun May 20, 2018 1:58 pm

loveyourself wrote:All I’m going to say is Phyllis isn’t going anywhere. Queen Phyllis is here to stay and by her King’s Side (Billy).

I mean look how popular she is!!
She sure does get the blood pumping! :lol:

No way would they ever get rid if such a powerful character.

rediculous

Postby rediculous » Sun May 20, 2018 2:14 pm

loveyourself wrote:All I’m going to say is Phyllis isn’t going anywhere. Queen Phyllis is here to stay and by her King’s Side (Billy).

she is good with Billy...I do like their relationship, it is her nosiness that annoys me...if the writers would just tone back that part of her character I could tolerate her...but until that happens, it is be gone Phyllis in my book..

Soapsme

Postby Soapsme » Sun May 20, 2018 2:23 pm

I like Phyllis with Billy also and I have to agree her getting up in everyone's face is getting annoying. Wish they would turn it down a bit and give it a rest.

loveyourself

Postby loveyourself » Sun May 20, 2018 3:56 pm

Gigikins wrote:

. Amen to this.

TigerEyes017

Postby TigerEyes017 » Sun May 20, 2018 4:01 pm

I do not believe she's going to have King Billy much longer. He is going to see a side of Phyllis that he will not like in days to come. Phyllis is going to destroy this relationship. Billy will end back with Victoria in no time..

TigerEyes017

Postby TigerEyes017 » Sun May 20, 2018 4:09 pm

Gigikins wrote:

That's what they said about John Abbott and he was on longer than Phyllis character. You never know. And she is far from being a Queen, her huge past stops her getting that title. I say Traci would get the queen title if the truth was know.

TigerEyes017

Postby TigerEyes017 » Sun May 20, 2018 4:17 pm

Soapsme wrote:I like Phyllis with Billy also and I have to agree her getting up in everyone's face is getting annoying. Wish they would turn it down a bit and give it a rest.

They need something really bad to happen in Phyllis life like killing Summer or Daniel off, and see if that will change her ways on how she treats people in town. Let her see the light flash in front of her.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”