Phyllis and her broomstick...

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
NJenkins

Re: Phyllis and her broomstick...

Postby NJenkins » Sun May 20, 2018 11:10 am

Phyllis is not a core character? I am surprised by that.

suzziy

Postby suzziy » Sun May 20, 2018 11:44 am

eli10 wrote:I like Phyllis usually but the character is definitely being utilized way too much. It feels like she is in every scene and it is too much. Just cut it back some before people really start hating the character.

It seems lately that the writers are trying to bring back the old personality traits of this character and it's not working. They've changed her look a couple of times and lately it seems that they are trying to make her look older and colder. Michelle Stafford who played the original Phyllis was more sly, unpredictable and slightly off the wall and was a pleasure to watch because you never knew quite what to expect at any given moment. Gino Tognoni is a good actress, but I don't think she was a good replacement.

Since Phyllis is one of the main characters and is so intertwined with everyone because of her history, I don't see them giving her a smaller role. Who knows though with these writers.

DavidaMBurns

Postby DavidaMBurns » Sun May 20, 2018 12:02 pm

rediculous wrote::roll: her broomstick never gets a rest...she must have it on fast speed at the ready all the time, flying through GC at top rate speed, sniffing out everyone's business....so annoying!! I wish someone would program it so she would just fly completely out of GC, never to return..her big snout is stuck into everyone's business, if the writers can't think of anything else for her to do, then get rid of her, let her and her broomstick fly off into the unknown..

This is tooo funny and tooo true on some days. :lol:

DavidaMBurns

Postby DavidaMBurns » Sun May 20, 2018 12:07 pm

eli10 wrote:I like Phyllis usually but the character is definitely being utilized way too much. It feels like she is in every scene and it is too much. Just cut it back some before people really start hating the character.

Yep totally agree!! What is up with that anyway? Why is Phyllis running the new Scooby gang? She has made a huge mess of everything and for what reason? She doesn't even like Nikki. This matter should have been between Nikki and Victoria. Phyllis and Sharon were just innocent bystanders. Bad writing. Ugh! :roll:

TigerEyes017

Postby TigerEyes017 » Sun May 20, 2018 12:14 pm

cinderella2 wrote:
rediculous wrote::roll: her broomstick never gets a rest...she must have it on fast speed at the ready all the time, flying through GC at top rate speed, sniffing out everyone's business....so annoying!! I wish someone would program it so she would just fly completely out of GC, never to return..her big snout is stuck into everyone's business, if the writers can't think of anything else for her to do, then get rid of her, let her and her broomstick fly off into the unknown..

She isn't a core character so getting rid of her would be easy. :mrgreen:

I feel sorry for Billy because she will be telling him how to run his family business real soon! :roll:

She does not work and Lauren need to fire her and get someone else. Billy is the one that brings money in while she is out running her mouth and threatening Sharon.

rediculous

Postby rediculous » Sun May 20, 2018 12:15 pm

DavidaMBurns wrote:

This is tooo funny and tooo true on some days. :lol:

:D she just gets on my last nerve, inserting herself into everyone's business while screwing up everything she touches...nasty thing she is...

TigerEyes017

Postby TigerEyes017 » Sun May 20, 2018 12:17 pm

NJenkins wrote:I could not stand Phyllis until this JT SL and now I do like her...go figure LOL.

I like her better with Billy, but sometimes she can get on my nerves bossing others when it's none of her business.

TigerEyes017

Postby TigerEyes017 » Sun May 20, 2018 12:19 pm

SadieM wrote:Phyllis should never be written out. ANd her children and grandchild should be moving to GC.

Daniel moved to get away from her. She was ruining his life.

rediculous

Postby rediculous » Sun May 20, 2018 12:22 pm

TigerEyes017 wrote:
SadieM wrote:Phyllis should never be written out. ANd her children and grandchild should be moving to GC.

Daniel moved to get away from her. She was ruining his life.

not so sure Summer didn't too...

TigerEyes017

Postby TigerEyes017 » Sun May 20, 2018 12:24 pm

Blue501 you said Well, at least they are not brother & sister (hopefully). Sometimes I think that everyone in GC should not only use birth control but have DNA tests BEFORE getting pregnant.

Right. Dna should never be done in gc. They should not even have a Lab in that town.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”