Reed the BRAT!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Elba

Reed the BRAT!

Postby Elba » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:26 pm

Really now. Reed is acting like a real spoiled brat, only thinking of himself and thoughtless as to other people's feelings. We could have excused little Faith's behaviour because she was a little kid. But Reed is almost a grown man already and he has to be taught what happens in the real world. Many kids, even younger, go through life losing both parents to cancer, accidents, divorce, etc. and survive. This teenager needs coping skills to deal with loss at once to help him grow not only physically but emotionally as well. And the writers pls stop having Vicky "run away" at each therapy session...she will need all the help she can get to deal with Reed as well.
I know I will get grief from some and the excuses will be ...every kid is different...every situation is different...true but if Reed is not helped and held accountable for his actions now .what will he become in later years when life gets even tougher?? Mommy is not going to be around forever. Ok I am old-fashioned and believe in "tough" love. There, I've said my piece. LOL Elba ;)

Gigikins

Re: Reed the BRAT!

Postby Gigikins » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:13 pm

Reed is acting like a little punk. My son has never and will never act in such a manner because he knows better.
I can put his ass in his place with one look.

But I don't blame him, I blame JT. Look at thr example Reed has had? Surely for years of it with Mac as well since he knew something was off in tbat marriage and didn't want to tell Victoria about it some months ago.

Whether he knows it or not, JT has taught him not to respect his own mother, as a son usually treats women the way his father treats women.

Elba

Postby Elba » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:20 pm

ITA! What is that saying....The branch is only as strong as the tree trunk? This behaviour is surely "learned."LOL Elba ;)

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:46 pm

Be honest. How would you feel if your only parent was Victoria? And your grandparents were Victor & Nikki?. Reed ran away to come live with Victoria? I would run in the other direction & beg Mac to let me be part of her family & raise me with my little half-siblings & I would promise to be respectful & obedient & help take care of my little brother & sister. "Anything, MacKenzie. I will be so good & helpful. Just please don't send me back to Genoa City & my dysfunctional, murderous Newman kinfolks". :shock:

Acadia_ca

Postby Acadia_ca » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:47 pm

Reed is very immature for his age. He's also been very sheltered. He may come from a Rich family but they haven't spoiled him with money and things. But everyone's been so overprotective of him all of his life.

Add that to the fact that his dad just came back into his life and he thought his mom and dad were getting back together and that they were going to be a whole family again. And now to learn that your father tried to kill your grandfather and then ran off and left you without so much as a goodbye, that would be kind of hard for any teenager to accept let alone one that's so emotionally immature as Reed.

janetb

Postby janetb » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:44 am

Blue 501 wrote:Be honest. How would you feel if your only parent was Victoria? And your grandparents were Victor & Nikki?. Reed ran away to come live with Victoria? I would run in the other direction & beg Mac to let me be part of her family & raise me with my little half-siblings & I would promise to be respectful & obedient & help take care of my little brother & sister. "Anything, MacKenzie. I will be so good & helpful. Just please don't send me back to Genoa City & my dysfunctional, murderous Newman kinfolks". :shock:

Victoria has treated Reed as an unwelcome inconvenience since the day he came to GC. She helped dump his dead father in a hole and is part of the coverup. Her real worry and disappointment is that Daddy didn't make her CEO so she can prove herself to him. As long as she continues to lie then Reed has every right to be angry.

Palski

Postby Palski » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:30 am

Reed had a bully for a father and has a bully for a grandfather.

Now, some think Vikki should bully him, too.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:06 pm

Acadia_ca wrote:Reed is very immature for his age. He's also been very sheltered. He may come from a Rich family but they haven't spoiled him with money and things. But everyone's been so overprotective of him all of his life.

Add that to the fact that his dad just came back into his life and he thought his mom and dad were getting back together and that they were going to be a whole family again. And now to learn that your father tried to kill your grandfather and then ran off and left you without so much as a goodbye, that would be kind of hard for any teenager to accept let alone one that's so emotionally immature as Reed.

Reed felt as though he did not get much of JT's time. Now he will not get any. Maybe he can bond more with Billy except Victoria is leary of Billy having much influence on Reed. I can see why but Reed needs someone who cares about him (& isn't trying to shave his head & treat him as if he is in military school). I had a friend who was sent to military school after his custodial parent (his mother) was shot to death by his stepfather. He never got to see his father & step-mother b/cause every time they came to visit, he was being punished by having to march around the square a million times. And he was one of the sweetest guys in the world but wouldn't anyone be traumatized? His sister, my friend, reacted by going into premature puberty (she was about 8) & having to be given hormone shots to slow it down. The other sibling developed drug problems. A child can only stand so much.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:08 pm

Reed needs a good therapist, now, to help him thru what his parents have done. Even more so when he finds out his granny killed his father. He already knows that Daddy tried to kill Gramps & then disappeared.

Palski

Postby Palski » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:42 pm

Blue 501 wrote:
Acadia_ca wrote:Reed is very immature for his age. He's also been very sheltered. He may come from a Rich family but they haven't spoiled him with money and things. But everyone's been so overprotective of him all of his life.

Reed felt as though he did not get much of JT's time. Now he will not get any. Maybe he can bond more with Billy except Victoria is leary of Billy having much influence on Reed. I can see why but Reed needs someone who cares about him (& isn't trying to shave his head & treat him as if he is in military school). I had a friend who was sent to military school after his custodial parent (his mother) was shot to death by his stepfather. He never got to see his father & step-mother b/cause every time they came to visit, he was being punished by having to march around the square a million times. And he was one of the sweetest guys in the world but wouldn't anyone be traumatized? His sister, my friend, reacted by going into premature puberty (she was about 8) & having to be given hormone shots to slow it down. The other sibling developed drug problems. A child can only stand so much.
My God, Blue. That's some serious effects of trauma!

I've met rich kids who went to fancy boarding schools and were starved for attention and love. It's not always about education but often just a convenient form of abandonment.

Military school is often the choice for kids with behavioral issues. A very bad choice for a child who lost his mom to gun violence.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”