If I Were the Writers

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
cwlovesyr

If I Were the Writers

Postby cwlovesyr » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:17 am

First thing I would do is:
A) Move Nick and Christian out of Sharon's!
B) Have Hillary be pregnant and the relationship between her and Devon remain strictly platonic. About the time for her to deliver, she dies, the baby survives and is left to be raised by Devon.
C) Have Nick take over at Newman. Nicki is clueless and Victoria is in no state of mind to make business decisions.
D) Have Ashley go back to Jabot and let Victor hire Helen at Newman Enterprises. He is only using her to get dirt on Jabot.
E) Age Faith to about 16 and send her off to boarding school in Europe.

If you were the writers, what changes would you make?

NJ SOAP LADY

Re: If I Were the Writers

Postby NJ SOAP LADY » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:09 am

cwlovesyr wrote:First thing I would do is:
A) Move Nick and Christian out of Sharon's!
B) Have Hillary be pregnant and the relationship between her and Devon remain strictly platonic. About the time for her to deliver, she dies, the baby survives and is left to be raised by Devon.
C) Have Nick take over at Newman. Nicki is clueless and Victoria is in no state of mind to make business decisions.
D) Have Ashley go back to Jabot and let Victor hire Helen at Newman Enterprises. He is only using her to get dirt on Jabot.
E) Age Faith to about 16 and send her off to boarding school in Europe.

Item 1. Yes nick needs his own place. Now.
2....while I like your idea, too much like Juliet. ....no when hillary delivers and baby needs blood Devon not a match, Devon told he isn't father. ......Hillary had another sperm donor
3.....I've said many times would love nick taking over at newman, then doing good there refuses to give up ceo .....they go for vote and victor looses control to nick
4.....Ashley at jabot. Yes. Helen told by vic he will hire het, nick nikki Victoria veto that. She leaves town. Victor has a stroke and needs care
5......Faith to boarding school yes yes yes
6......summer returns, aged. Matured pregnant. Kyle is the father. Kick Phyllis out of her townhouse.
7.......Billy leaves Phyllis because she voted with kyle. Lauren fires her as she was told you work for Fenmore's at Fenmore's no more working at jabot but Phyllis refuses
8.......Devon devastated the child isn't his give company to neil and leaves town to visit his sister Anna.
9....lastly. Sharon leaves the ranch, adds apartment over coffeehouse.

PinkChick

Postby PinkChick » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:24 am

A) Nick is a lazy moocher and should move out of Sharon's house and take some responsibility for his kids for a change instead of always leaving them with a sitter or relative/friend while he runs around doing....hmm...nothing really.

B) Devon and Hilary only want a baby because they are all clucky over Sam. I really hope she is not pregnant.

C) Nick trying to run Newman would be hilarious -- he would send the place broke in record time. Drunk Nikki would be 10 times more capable.

D) Ashley does belong at Jabot because that is where her heart is, but not under the conditions that Jack sets. She should not be working at Newman, ever. She is an asset to any business but nobody is treating her fairly.

E) R: Faith. I think the writers know how great this actress is and want to keep her around for as long as possible so they are holding back Sorasing her. I'm happy for her to remain pre-teen for a little while longer. Lily's kids being grown up still feels weird and doesn't seem quite right without adding more sorased kids to the mix.

F) Let JT still be alive somehow. Would hate to see him go out like this.

Kelby

Postby Kelby » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:27 am

I would not mind seeing Sharon and Nicholas back together. I would like Nicholas to shave his face. The writers finally made Sharon smile again after about a decade. I want to see a happy Sharon. It looks so much better on her. That is one thing they have done right. Devon I do not care anything about. If they wrote him off, I would not be sad. I think he is boring. He was much more interesting early on when he was adopted by Drucilla and Neil. And then they reduced his character for a while, he came back more and then the incapable writers wrote that he was related to Katherine. Give me a break! These weak, lazy plot twists. Unreal! They could keep him around, but if they wrote him out, I would not be sad. Hilary is like a Leanna Love. For those who know good Y&R history. You can work with a s..t starter. She can retain a troublemaker for some time. I have not loved her though. They need to fix her up a bit or get rid of her. Ashley is one of my favorite characters. I will watch any scene with Eileen. Even if I hate the story. I do not really dislike the way she is being written right now. I am going with it. I am wondering where all of this is going to go with the possibility of Jack not being John's son. I do not know if I like where that is going. Time will tell. The Jack arrest and investigation was stupid and poorly written. Faith is a kid, I do not really care. If they age her, do not make her look like she is her father's sister.

mayre

Postby mayre » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:24 pm

I just want Ashley back at Jabot where she belongs--

Elba

Postby Elba » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:02 pm

:lol: :lol: You posters are so fabulous1! Each post had me laughing and made my day!
Your s/l's make for much better "plots" than the Y/R Comedy Hour we have been seeing for months now. LOL LOL God Bless! Elba :)

Lifetime Viewer

Postby Lifetime Viewer » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:02 pm

I would make JT still alive. I am very sad that writers made JT an abuser and made him go out this way. JT did not deserve this at all. He had so much history with YR. I hope Victoria can't sleep for the next year. It is horrid what she did to the father of her son. I know that they wrote JT to be an abuser.....and that is horrible.....but, dead JT still did not deserve to be dumped into a hole. JT was sick and needed treatment and counseling. JT had always been a nice person before this.

It doesn't help either that I cannot stand the character of Victoria Newman. I feel no pity for Victoria. She has not been a nice person on this show. If I was a writer, I would send Victoria, Lily, and Cane off on a one year business trip to Japan. Cane didn't get the last business trip to Japan right last time, so I would give him a second shot. Then, I would give all of Victoria's, Lily's, and Cane's air time to Michael and Lauren, whom I miss greatly. YR is really missing the boat on Michael and Lauren.

Nothing against the actors/actresses who play Victoria, Lily, and Cane......I just can't stand their characters anymore. Their characters are arrogant, pompous, mean....and they can't be fixed for me. I don't enjoy watching these characters. I don't know what writers would have to do to make me feel differently. I don't want to be anything like them, and I don't care to watch them. I used to love Lily and Cane, and I don't know why the writers had to write them to be this sickening super couple. Lily is a legend in her own mind.

I myswell add one last thing. I am not enjoying the Devon and Hillary baby story either. It has gotten old, and Devon and Hillary can go on the one year vacation with Victoria, Cane, and Lily too. The writers have made Devon so high and mighty, and he is beginning to get highly annoying too. The character of Devon gets so, so much air time too. Thank goodness Neil is back. I love Neil. All of Devon's money was given to him by Mrs. Chancellor....which was totally farfetched. Mac should have gotten at least half of Devon's fortune. All stupid. I used to love Devon, but YR writers are ruining his character too.

Writers are going to have to begin to make these characters likable again. ASAP. Something needs to be done. How am I supposed to watch YR characters that I can't stand? Nothing against the actors/actresses who play these characters. They are wonderful. They just need better writing.

squarebiz

Postby squarebiz » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:07 pm

1. Send Ashley back to Jabot.....Why does she think she should have Jack or Victoria’s job?

2. Neil needs a wife. I would like to see an AA matriarch holding her family together.

3. Kyle would not be a Victor fan....No one is being groomed to take the helm of Jabot once John’s children are gone. Kyle and Abby are too busy licking Victor’s boots. Billy’s children are being raised by a Newman because he chooses to be a part time parent.

4. Sharon would not have agreed to that murder pact.....She and Victoria have too much to lose. They still have young children at home.

Jfw1and2

Postby Jfw1and2 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:31 pm

Ashley and Jack should be co-CEO's or maybe even Ashley/ Jack/ and Billy.

Nick should run Newman/ find out he loves it and take over for good. Victoria is not mentally fit to do run anything anytime soon. She needs a long vacation. Then she and Nick can fight over it.

Go ahead and tell Jack the truth that John may not be his father and everyone including Tracy get DNA tests. Heck Ashley could be John's after all. Who knows?

Kyle needs a serious reality check. Bring Summer back for him and have a complicated back and forth for a while.

Hillary and Devon should NOT be pregnant. Maybe she will lie and tell Devon the baby is his but he find out soon after the birth for being a sucker in the first place.

Finally get Ashley a REAL man, her age, and give her a great romance.

Helen should have been matched with Jack and Nikki/Victor just need to get back together and ride out old age into the sunset.

No Abby and Arturo since he's been in old Nikki- land. Ewwww!

presbyterian1

Postby presbyterian1 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:26 pm

cwlovesyr wrote:First thing I would do is:
A) Move Nick and Christian out of Sharon's! I would not do this
B) Have Hillary be pregnant and the relationship between her and Devon remain strictly platonic. Hillery should not have a baby. She is too self absorbed. I am ok with her dying.About the time for her to deliver, she dies, the baby survives and is left to be raised by Devon.
C) Have Nick take over at Newman. Nicki is clueless and Victoria is in no state of mind to make business decisions. Nicki does have experience.
E) Age Faith to about 16 and send her off to boarding school in Europe. why would you do that? I would end all sorasing.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”