The reality of an open marriage

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
mayre

Re: The reality of an open marriage

Postby mayre » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:16 pm

I don't know squat about open marriages, but to each his own, BUT I draw the line at having the person I am NOT married to come to the home I share with my spouse-- there must be some kind of etiquette with regards to certain behaviors one needs to respect?

Elba

Postby Elba » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:54 pm

:x This is not an "open marriage" but it is disrespectful behaviour on both parts. Both are looking foolish and hurting each other''s feelings with their brazen, childish, vengeful antics. If they really cared for each other out of mutual respect and caring as "friends"...they would not be so open about it all. Really, a room at the club where anyone and everyone "hangs out"...dinner invitation for the Mistress at the Ranch?? Silly. How are they going to gain and keep the respect of their grandchildren behaving in such thoughtless ways?? And I personally do not feel years of marriage makes one tired of the relationship and yes there may not be a lot of kissy, kissy all the time...BUT there are times when ONE KISS, ONE LOOK, (at 75 years old and after 45 years of marriage) says and means EVERYTHING!! There is a big difference between Sexual Encounters of the "stupid" kind and LOVE and ROMANCE which I personally am a fan of as well as a good FAMILY life. Just my opinion and proud of it!!! LOL LOL Elba

mayre

Postby mayre » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:01 pm

Elba wrote::x This is not an "open marriage" but it is disrespectful behaviour on both parts. Both are looking foolish and hurting each other''s feelings with their brazen, childish, vengeful antics. If they really cared for each other out of mutual respect and caring as "friends"...they would not be so open about it all. Really, a room at the club where anyone and everyone "hangs out"...dinner invitation for the Mistress at the Ranch?? Silly. How are they going to gain and keep the respect of their grandchildren behaving in such thoughtless ways?? And I personally do not feel years of marriage makes one tired of the relationship and yes there may not be a lot of kissy, kissy all the time...BUT there are times when ONE KISS, ONE LOOK, (at 75 years old and after 45 years of marriage) says and means EVERYTHING!! There is a big difference between Sexual Encounters of the "stupid" kind and LOVE and ROMANCE which I personally am a fan of as well as a good FAMILY life. Just my opinion and proud of it!!! LOL LOL Elba

AMEN Elba!! :)

jmunoz4u

Postby jmunoz4u » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:46 pm

Why are the opinions of others so important? If you want this or not, or try it or not (as long as there honesty about guardrails) why should it matter to anyone else?

Grandkids dont need to know. Neither does the rest of the world. But if anyone finds out, then you explain or not. They dont have to like it.

CONSENTING ADULTS. Has nothing to do with morals or sin. Honestly- this story is fresh and real. Intrigues many people. It doesn’t have go ho anywhere- just fun. Perhaps they will regret it, perhaps not and stop. Or continue.

Acadia_ca

Postby Acadia_ca » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:07 pm

A lot of people have open marriages. There's nothing wrong with it. So long as they're both in agreement and happy with the arrangement. However the open marriage with Victor and Nikki is being written very stupidly. Their son is in on it. Nikki has met the mistress and has entertained her in her home.

In an open marriage you agree that you are not monogamous and that you can sleep with other people. But in the end you always come home to each other. You don't rub it in each others face by bringing your other partner home with you and expect your spouse to entertain that person.

taramartin

Postby taramartin » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:24 pm

mayre wrote:
Elba wrote::x This is not an "open marriage" but it is disrespectful behaviour on both parts. Both are looking foolish and hurting each other''s feelings with their brazen, childish, vengeful antics. If they really cared for each other out of mutual respect and caring as "friends"...they would not be so open about it all. Really, a room at the club where anyone and everyone "hangs out"...dinner invitation for the Mistress at the Ranch?? Silly. How are they going to gain and keep the respect of their grandchildren behaving in such thoughtless ways?? And I personally do not feel years of marriage makes one tired of the relationship and yes there may not be a lot of kissy, kissy all the time...BUT there are times when ONE KISS, ONE LOOK, (at 75 years old and after 45 years of marriage) says and means EVERYTHING!! There is a big difference between Sexual Encounters of the "stupid" kind and LOVE and ROMANCE which I personally am a fan of as well as a good FAMILY life. Just my opinion and proud of it!!! LOL LOL Elba

AMEN Elba!! :)

ITA.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”