The reality of an open marriage

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
taramartin

Re: The reality of an open marriage

Postby taramartin » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:23 am

cinderella2 wrote:
Dkingz1130 wrote:It’s sad because people have open marriages in real life I don’t agree with this method at all!

I don't agree either.

I don't like it and we might find out Victor and Nikki don't end up liking it. Nikki seemed jealous- don't think Victor knows about Artro yet.

Kelby

Postby Kelby » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:25 am

It is a different storyline for this show. This concept is real and is being practiced. It is not my thing, but I know some, a small percentage of people, that do practice this. Of course there are different versions of this kind of relationship. The couple or whomever has to lay down their cards down on the table. LOL I think I just prefer sleeping around. I do not want to love that many people. LOL I like to love just one person at a time. It seems stressful.

Kelby

Postby Kelby » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:28 am

taramartin wrote:
cinderella2 wrote:
Dkingz1130 wrote:It’s sad because people have open marriages in real life I don’t agree with this method at all!

I don't agree either.

I don't like it and we might find out Victor and Nikki don't end up liking it. Nikki seemed jealous- don't think Victor knows about Artro yet.

This is a good point. Some people figure out it is not for them and they go back to practicing monogamy.

effers

Postby effers » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:58 am

Kelby wrote:It is a different storyline for this show. This concept is real and is being practiced. It is not my thing, but I know some, a small percentage of people, that do practice this. Of course there are different versions of this kind of relationship. The couple or whomever has to lay down their cards down on the table. LOL I think I just prefer sleeping around. I do not want to love that many people. LOL I like to love just one person at a time. It seems stressful.

Yes, it is real and many do it. I also think it would be really stressful trying to keep different people happy.

janetb

Postby janetb » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:24 am

anytownUSA wrote:I would't like an open marriage for myself I still believe in two people in a marriage through thick and thin till death do they part. But who am I to say what someone else wants. It is up to the two people in the marriage, and no one else's business.

I agree.If an open marriage is what Nikki and Victor agreed to then if she can be with other partners then so can he.

KateKate

Postby KateKate » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:38 am

BobbiSox wrote:If you remove all the romantic and religious notions from the concept of marriage, you're left with a contract between two parties, who reach a mutual understanding and agree to the terms of that contract. That's really all it is. All cultures and religions have their own ideas on what should happen in a marriage, and what is acceptable and what isn't. Who am I to judge?

Well said, Bobbi.

cinderella2

Postby cinderella2 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:24 pm

JaggedEdge wrote:An open marriage is no marriage IMO. Victor and Nicki are better off not being married.

I agree!

janesBydiction

Postby janesBydiction » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:27 pm

I actually know a couple in an open marriage. The difference is they're a traditional couple in every other way, but the pursuit of other people. Nikki and Victor seem to only come together in a crisis, but otherwise lead completely separate lives. They're basically roommates.

I'm sure there are open marriages that mirror this one. The only issue I have is with the age of Arturo. He is apparently 25. That's a solid 40 years younger than MTS. Gross as hell.

NJ SOAP LADY

Postby NJ SOAP LADY » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:34 pm

janesBydiction wrote:I actually know a couple in an open marriage. The difference is they're a traditional couple in every other way, but the pursuit of other people. Nikki and Victor seem to only come together in a crisis, but otherwise lead completely separate lives. They're basically roommates.

I'm sure there are open marriages that mirror this one. The only issue I have is with the age of Arturo. He is apparently 25. That's a solid 40 years younger than MTS. Gross as hell.

I can't say I know of anyone in an open marriage situation. Maybe my age, my generation whatever I believe you get married and stay true and faithful
But again that's me
40 years difference for Arturo and Nikki. And maybe same age difference, or more, between victor and Helen. Don't see what arturo or Helen see in them. Maybe their $$

Kelby

Postby Kelby » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:52 am

effers wrote:
Kelby wrote:It is a different storyline for this show. This concept is real and is being practiced. It is not my thing, but I know some, a small percentage of people, that do practice this. Of course there are different versions of this kind of relationship. The couple or whomever has to lay down their cards down on the table. LOL I think I just prefer sleeping around. I do not want to love that many people. LOL I like to love just one person at a time. It seems stressful.

Yes, it is real and many do it. I also think it would be really stressful trying to keep different people happy.

Glad we have some of the same perspectives. I do not want sex stress. That defeats the purpose. LOL

Return to “The Young and the Restless”