I’m sorry but MS’s Phyllis would never have been written this stupid!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
KateKate

Re: I’m sorry but MS’s Phyllis would never have been written this stupid!

Postby KateKate » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:37 am

Gigikins wrote:Oh goody. Another bash Phyllis, and even more so MS basing thread. Yawn.

You all just miss MS and her entertaining larger than life amazing ways. Right? :mrgreen:

Phyllis is clearly the smartest one in the room trying to protect everyone even though she has the least to lose.

But please...bash on..... :lol:

I don't think it's a bash, I think some just don't think Phyllis would do this. Personally, I like both actresses who have played this role and I think this is 100% Phyllis, no matter WHO plays her

cinderella2

Postby cinderella2 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:21 am

Megs9786 wrote:
rediculous wrote:yes, she would have and was.....Phyllis has always been doing stupid things..it was MS's Phyllis who rolled poor ole Dr Tim up in a carpet and put him in a garbage bin or something crazy...Phyllis has never been the sharpest tool in the shed, doesn't matter who the actress is..

Yep she was never a genius that's for sure :lol: A smart women would never have hopped up on a filthy dumpster to have sex with a guy who framed her son for murder. :lol:

:?

drewxjacobs

Postby drewxjacobs » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:25 am

I believe no matter who's in the role, the writers like to spread stupid around.

stargaze

Postby stargaze » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:39 am

Gigikins wrote:Oh goody. Another bash Phyllis, and even more so MS basing thread. Yawn.

You all just miss MS and her entertaining larger than life amazing ways. Right? :mrgreen:

Phyllis is clearly the smartest one in the room trying to protect everyone even though she has the least to lose.

But please...bash on..... :lol:

Sharon didn't have anything to lose. She was the one talking about calling Paul. Phyllis was the ridiculous one insisting that they could all be arrested. She was the only one insisting that their story about the incident wouldn't be believed.

Lizzytish

Postby Lizzytish » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:20 am

rediculous wrote:yes, she would have and was.....Phyllis has always been doing stupid things..it was MS's Phyllis who rolled poor ole Dr Tim up in a carpet and put him in a garbage bin or something crazy...Phyllis has never been the sharpest tool in the shed, doesn't matter who the actress is..

Totally agree. Phyllis is and was a whicko who would do almost anything to get her way. I, too, was remembering Phyllis and Kevin rolling up Dr Tim.

How about Phyllis putting an octopus in Paul and Christine’s honeymoon bed. Or running them down with her car. This plot is mild by comparison

rediculous

Postby rediculous » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:53 am

the actresses are great...but Phyllis is stupid...no more so than any other character, but stupid is written all over her..

Kelby

Postby Kelby » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:54 am

Michelle Stafford was much more expressive as someone pointed out. LOL I like Gina Tognoni and I think she plays the part well. The part that is written. She is about ten years younger than MS. They really deaged the character of Phyllis some. Not in the story, but casting. I remember when Amelia Heinle took over from Heather Tom as Victoria, I looked up their ages and they are around the same age. I thought it was much more appropriate casting. Although cosmetic procedures make people look ageless in Hollywood. What is ten years. Ha!

maidmarion

Postby maidmarion » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:20 pm

Ah, but MS' Phyllis would have been effervescent. GT's is adequate, but MS' Phyllis was gloriously over the top. Loved her!

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:57 pm

Anyone remember the awkward & silly scene of Phyllis dancing for Dr Tim in an attempt to seduce him?

Megs9786

Postby Megs9786 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:03 pm

Blue 501 wrote:Anyone remember the awkward & silly scene of Phyllis dancing for Dr Tim in an attempt to seduce him?

OMG yes it was horrible she looked like a dodo bird trying to lay an egg! :lol: That's another body she rolled up in a rug and got rid of but that didn't work out so great now did it? lol

Return to “The Young and the Restless”