Let's Dial It Back and Look at the Big Picture Here

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
GreenBubbles

Re: Let's Dial It Back and Look at the Big Picture Here

Postby GreenBubbles » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:29 pm

takerkid wrote:Quoting Inquisitr quoting Soap Opera Digest:
"Young and the Restless spoilers from this week’s Soap Opera Digest reveals a shocker. Mariah Copeland (Camryn Grimes) is tired of being in the closet and will jump out with a vengeance. Mariah’s revelation crushes her brother Noah Newman (Robert Adamson) because it affects his life. This stunning story twist plays out at the end of this month and stretching into February sweeps as Mariah and Tessa Porter (Cait Fairbanks) finally get a shot at love – and it all starts with a song."
Like I said Tessa isn't going anywhere and Messa is endgame. Sorry.

Why are you saying sorry? Messa has a lot of fans. I used to be one but Tessa has gotten on my nerves to no end. But it aint anything new. I really don't ship anyone on here anymore. I maybe will ship Hevon if they get it together but they have barely any fans on here from what I have seen. If you look at the board, there are not many couples people are rooting for. That is why I don't get the apology. Messa isn't alone on that. Its not like "hey all the other couples are loved except Messa" cause that just ain't true. Besides Philly and maybe now JT and Vicky there are not many popular couples on here and even if there is a couple brought up there is usually at least half the thread trashing them. Just look at Lane.

takerkid

Postby takerkid » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:46 am

GreenBubbles wrote:
"Young and the Restless spoilers from this week’s Soap Opera Digest reveals a shocker. Mariah Copeland (Camryn Grimes) is tired of being in the closet and will jump out with a vengeance. Mariah’s revelation crushes her brother Noah Newman (Robert Adamson) because it affects his life. This stunning story twist plays out at the end of this month and stretching into February sweeps as Mariah and Tessa Porter (Cait Fairbanks) finally get a shot at love – and it all starts with a song."

Why are you saying sorry? Messa has a lot of fans. I used to be one but Tessa has gotten on my nerves to no end. But it aint anything new. I really don't ship anyone on here anymore. I maybe will ship Hevon if they get it together but they have barely any fans on here from what I have seen. If you look at the board, there are not many couples people are rooting for. That is why I don't get the apology. Messa isn't alone on that. Its not like "hey all the other couples are loved except Messa" cause that just ain't true. Besides Philly and maybe now JT and Vicky there are not many popular couples on here and even if there is a couple brought up there is usually at least half the thread trashing them. Just look at Lane.

True. Honestly it was sort of a tongue in cheek apology.

SadieM

Postby SadieM » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:40 am

Mariah's mother Sharon ditched Scott in a hurry when she found out what was going on with Scott and Abby. She did not go back to him and still have 'feelings'. It was a deal breaker for her. Mariah should do what her mother did and walk away from this. after the way Tessa stole her diary and used it in effect plagiarism.

KateKate

Postby KateKate » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:57 am

takerkid wrote:Tessa's not some psychopathic criminal. She's a fairly complex character, someone is clearly struggling with her sexuality and having a difficult tim

The problem I'm having is that she's been disrespectful in her treatment of both Mariah and Noah by not being honest with Mariah. Since I'm team Mariah, that makes me think she's not good enough for Mariah.

trinilisa

Postby trinilisa » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:41 am

[quote="takerkid"]I've read the Canadian recap and I'm well aware of what happened. I know people are popping champagne bottles and celebrating thinking Tessa's gone. Let me go ahead and burst the bubble now, Tessa isn't going anywhere. Mal Young himself made it very clear he's writing Messa as a love story albeit a complicated one. In standard soap fashion an extra dollop of drama had to be tossed on to this relationship. Obviously I'm not thrilled but, to use a cliche, it's always darkest before the dawn. I'm confident they'll get through this. Mariah's angry for good reason but let's face it more of that anger is about Tessa not being able to quit hiding behind Noah. In any event anger doesn't last long on soaps (or real life for that matter) particularly when you love someone as deeply as Mariah loves Tessa. #TeamMessa
P.S. I tweeted Mal Young for the hell of it and surprise surprise I got no answer[/quote]
Love and agree with your post.
#team messa

Barbyboo

Postby Barbyboo » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:46 am

They should hook up and go on tour..bye bye

Judynacke

Postby Judynacke » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:54 am

takerkid wrote:I've read the Canadian recap and I'm well aware of what happened. I know people are popping champagne bottles and celebrating thinking Tessa's gone. Let me go ahead and burst the bubble now, Tessa isn't going anywhere. Mal Young himself made it very clear he's writing Messa as a love story albeit a complicated one. In standard soap fashion an extra dollop of drama had to be tossed on to this relationship. Obviously I'm not thrilled but, to use a cliche, it's always darkest before the dawn. I'm confident they'll get through this. Mariah's angry for good reason but let's face it more of that anger is about Tessa not being able to quit hiding behind Noah. In any event anger doesn't last long on soaps (or real life for that matter) particularly when you love someone as deeply as Mariah loves Tessa. #TeamMessa
P.S. I tweeted Mal Young for the hell of it and surprise surprise I got no answer

I certainly hope this storyline does not happen the way you have just said it will. Why are you pushing for a Mariah and Tessa relationship? I am not against same sex relationships (I have a good friend and a niece who are in same sex relationships, and I dearly love them both) but I really don't want to watch love scenes on my screen. Actually, I prefer to see straight couples just walk up the stairs to bed and not see them ripping each other's clothes off. If MY wants to have a same sex storyline bring on someone new for Tessa. Leave Mariah out of it. JMHO

trinilisa

Postby trinilisa » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:15 am

[quote="SadieM"]I think Mariah's character will be totally ruined if she has a "romantic relationship" with Tessa after what she did. If she loses all self respect her character will totally change and not in a good way. She should ditch Tessa for good. I don't see Tessa struggling with Sexuality. I think she is opportunistic and was not hesitant about moving in with Noah of the NEwman family. She wants what is good for Tessa and does not care about anybody else. Mariah should just move on and Tessa kept on rejecting her all the times after "the kiss" that Mariah wanted to talk about "their feelings." Mariah's character should not be ruined to keep a really annoying character on the show. IMO anyway. Maybe Mal Young gave up on the idea and read some of the feedback about Tessa which is not all positive to put it mildly. Mariah would have to be on drugs to go to bed with Tessa after her stealing her journal. Mariah could press charges and should.[/quote]
But other characters have done a lot worse and have been taken back by others so imo in the grand scheme of things, Tessa is either up there with them or a bit less...invading someone's privacy is horrible, but other things that Victor and Adam and others have done to their spouses (especially Victor and Adam) are far worse...

Jurist

Postby Jurist » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:19 am

Thanks, I was hoping they weren't over.

NJ SOAP LADY

Postby NJ SOAP LADY » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:21 am

Judynacke wrote:
takerkid wrote:I've read the Canadian recap and I'm well aware of what happened. I know people are popping champagne bottles and celebrating thinking Tessa's gone. Let me go ahead and burst the bubble now, Tessa isn't going anywhere. Mal Young himself made it very clear he's writing Messa as a love story albeit a complicated one. In standard soap fashion an extra dollop of drama had to be tossed on to this relationship. Obviously I'm not thrilled but, to use a cliche, it's always darkest before the dawn. I'm confident they'll get through this. Mariah's angry for good reason but let's face it more of that anger is about Tessa not being able to quit hiding behind Noah. In any event anger doesn't last long on soaps (or real life for that matter) particularly when you love someone as deeply as Mariah loves Tessa. #TeamMessa
P.S. I tweeted Mal Young for the hell of it and surprise surprise I got no answer

I certainly hope this storyline does not happen the way you have just said it will. Why are you pushing for a Mariah and Tessa relationship? I am not against same sex relationships (I have a good friend and a niece who are in same sex relationships, and I dearly love them both) but I really don't want to watch love scenes on my screen. Actually, I prefer to see straight couples just walk up the stairs to bed and not see them ripping each other's clothes off. If MY wants to have a same sex storyline bring on someone new for Tessa. Leave Mariah out of it. JMHO

I agree with you. Have a niece who is in a loving relationship, her partner is fantastic. However I don't need to see them having sex just as I don't need to see any couple. I prefer as it was years ago, as you said, seeing a couple walking up the stairs. ...you use your imagination
In this one case it's the character of Tessa I can't stand. Let her leave already. She is boring

Return to “The Young and the Restless”