Lily is Sam real mother

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
BeMystique

Re: Lily is Sam real mother

Postby BeMystique » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:05 pm

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but to create twins only one egg is fertilized and the egg splits. Therefore Lily could have one egg remaining. However, I don't remember if both were used or not but I do know only one egg is fertilized for twins identical or fraternal.

georgygirl222

Postby georgygirl222 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:11 pm

BeMystique wrote:Someone correct me if I'm wrong but to create twins only one egg is fertilized and the egg splits. Therefore Lily could have one egg remaining. However, I don't remember if both were used or not but I do know only one egg is fertilized for twins identical or fraternal.

Both the eggs were implanted in the hope that at least one worked.

nytwhatevr

Postby nytwhatevr » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:22 pm

BeMystique wrote:Someone correct me if I'm wrong but to create twins only one egg is fertilized and the egg splits. Therefore Lily could have one egg remaining. However, I don't remember if both were used or not but I do know only one egg is fertilized for twins identical or fraternal.

(If this is a duplicate, I apologize. For some reason, I am not seeing my previous post).

Okay--- I am correcting you. One egg that splits results in identical twins. To have fraternal twins, you need two eggs. One egg can not split and have 1/2 male and 1/2 female. And even if the twins had been identical, meaning from one egg, the procedure would have used both of Lily's eggs, in case one didn't work. That's why Octo Mom ended up with 8 babies. They implanted all the fertilized eggs she had assuming not all would implant. But they did. If Lily only had 2 eggs, they would not only use one.

BrendaMorganQ

Postby BrendaMorganQ » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:27 pm

shuby wrote:That snake Juliet stole Lily Sperm and became pregnant. If I heard it right Cane said to Lily that she had a sperm sitting in the sperm bank and I believe that 's the one Juliet used. any comments :?:

I went there a long time ago. In an effort to redeem Cane - (JMO) Juliette researched her mark and discovered that Lily & Cane had an unused fertilized egg. To make sure she would have him, she had the egg implanted so any DNA test would come back with him as the father. What she had not planned on was that she was not a blood match to the baby which caused her health issues. Any doctor would assume that the baby had his father's blood and not research any further.

Since she knew about Lily's condition from her research on them, she was able to take great pleasure in rubbing her belly and being wherever Lily was to exploit the fact she was carrying Cane's baby. It would also explain why he still has no clear memory of having sex with her because she drugged him. Her willingness to got to Japan to help him was OTT and Vicki fell for it. She wasn't even an employee at B&S.

nytwhatevr

Postby nytwhatevr » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:39 pm

BrendaMorganQ wrote:
shuby wrote:That snake Juliet stole Lily Sperm and became pregnant. If I heard it right Cane said to Lily that she had a sperm sitting in the sperm bank and I believe that 's the one Juliet used. any comments :?:

I went there a long time ago. In an effort to redeem Cane - (JMO) Juliette researched her mark and discovered that Lily & Cane had an unused fertilized egg. To make sure she would have him, she had the egg implanted so any DNA test would come back with him as the father. What she had not planned on was that she was not a blood match to the baby which caused her health issues. Any doctor would assume that the baby had his father's blood and not research any further.

Since she knew about Lily's condition from her research on them, she was able to take great pleasure in rubbing her belly and being wherever Lily was to exploit the fact she was carrying Cane's baby. It would also explain why he still has no clear memory of having sex with her because she drugged him. Her willingness to got to Japan to help him was OTT and Vicki fell for it. She wasn't even an employee at B&S.

First, in the flashbacks of today, Cane is telling Lily, after her surgery, that the doctors managed to harvest two eggs. And she had two children, so there are no unused eggs lying around. Also, if there were three, they would have used all three, not used two and saved one. And even if there were one lying around, how would Juliet steal it, then what facility would have someone walk in with a metal tube saying she has a frozen, fertilized embryo in there and could they implant it in her? It would have to be some really shady facility that would do that. Diane, Chloe and Ashley could possibly use a turkey baster to get pregnant with the sperm they stole, but implanting a fertilized embryo is not a DIY job. Of course, we are talking about GC here, where anything impossible/improbable IS possible.

BrendaMorganQ

Postby BrendaMorganQ » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:06 pm

nytwhatevr wrote:
BrendaMorganQ wrote:

First, in the flashbacks of today, Cane is telling Lily, after her surgery, that the doctors managed to harvest two eggs. And she had two children, so there are no unused eggs lying around. Also, if there were three, they would have used all three, not used two and saved one. And even if there were one lying around, how would Juliet steal it, then what facility would have someone walk in with a metal tube saying she has a frozen, fertilized embryo in there and could they implant it in her? It would have to be some really shady facility that would do that. Diane, Chloe and Ashley could possibly use a turkey baster to get pregnant with the sperm they stole, but implanting a fertilized embryo is not a DIY job. Of course, we are talking about GC here, where anything impossible/improbable IS possible.

Granted :twisted: but this is a soap and Aunt Liv was in charge, there is a chance that she saved an egg just in case as a backup plan. That would be some good drama and fill some of the hole of who & why regarding Juliette. A surprise happy ending. After all, what are the odds of a cancer survivor's blood being a match to a random stranger's baby. That hospital is not known for its security nor its ethical doctors.:
1. Christian was diagnosed with a condition that he did not have so that he could be pronounced dead later and given to Sharon.
2. To date, Paul hasn't arrested the nurse involved, she was allowed to just walk away into the night.
3. The hospital still has not explained how that happened.
4. Prior to that Shelia was able to steal and replace a baby in that same hospital.
5. The DNA lab in the hospital was not able to detect that Cane submitted a frozen sample for testing when Nina was writing her book.
6. Liv knew how desperate Lily was to have child and she had been threw the same thing with Dru. Why wouldn't she hedge the odds? Or the doctor that went in to recover the eggs.
7. And who's to say that Cane or Jill or Katherine didn't interfere with the harvesting by asking for an egg to be reserved just in case.
8. Patients are allowed to wonder the hallways regardless of whether or not they under arrest or simply wanted for questioning - Adam.
9. The psych ward is not secure. Patty was able to switch places with her doctor before being sent to a separate facility.
10. Supplies are not as secure as they would seem - Neil stealing stuff to help care for Hilary.

All kinds of crazy things go on under that roof. And we have seen rewrites that go beyond all reasoning i.e. Cassie has a twin that no one knew about - not even Sharon. Bella turned out to be Kevin's even though he and Chloe had not had sex in ages before she left town which is why she went to Billy to try and make a replacement baby for Delia. Adam has/had more lives than a cat. Victor is Abby's father and Jack turned out to be Kyle's. Michael was engaged to Christine the same woman he planned to rape after cutting a whole through the apartment wall to kidnap her has been redeemed and is considered to be an upstanding citizen so much so that he is the former DA (twice)... Anything can happen on this show. :lol:

shalaydra75

Postby shalaydra75 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:13 pm

I hope a crazy dr. duplicated Lily's eggs. Although it cannot happen in real life, soaps always present implausible scenarios.

SaraG1000

Postby SaraG1000 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:17 pm

That's one for the medical books. :lol:

strangeland

Postby strangeland » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:18 pm

BrendaMorganQ wrote:

I like your theory. It could also explain why Lily was the blood donor for the baby since she was a match. I don't think it's unusual for soaps to be far-fetched in this way. Remember Erica on AMC had a abortion in the 70-80's and the doctor, who was obsessed with her implanted the aborted fetus into his wife. When Erica's son showed up 25 years later that was the explanation.

SaraG1000

Postby SaraG1000 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:27 pm

aussiechickypoo wrote:Sam is not Lily's baby. If he were then he would not be white he would be the same colour as the twins!

Totally false. Bi-racial children from one white parent and one African American parent can look totally white. By the way, if you are Australian (judging by the username), there are generations, decades of mixed race children, google Stolen Generations.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”