Previously on Y&R Thoughts? I hate it..

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
IPOC

Previously on Y&R Thoughts? I hate it..

Postby IPOC » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:17 pm

Go back to the way it was...I always looked forward to the "Next" thingy....This new way bytes.

fussymary

Re: Previously on Y&R Thoughts? I hate it..

Postby fussymary » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:05 pm

Yes I prefer whats next vs. this new thing...but I like the new thing too but if it costs us our next on the y and r then forget it.

ThornsandRoses

Postby ThornsandRoses » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:08 pm

I posted this in Candace's "Y&R Swaps Daily Teasers for 'Previously On' Segment".

I wouldn't mind history that ties into current story such as what was shown with JT, but I don't consider the past few days history. I don't want to re-watch what I've already seen this week. I definitely don't like removal of "next on young and the restless". Some days that is the best part of the show.

LDCOOL

Postby LDCOOL » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:01 pm

IPOC wrote:Go back to the way it was...I always looked forward to the "Next" thingy....This new way bytes.

I hate this too. I miss the next on the Y&R. I want that back.

Grammapaint

Postby Grammapaint » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:15 pm

Hate it. I keep on waiting at the end for previews....Why do I want to rewatch at beginning?

ericlizafan

Postby ericlizafan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:28 pm

I don't like it either...the recap is longer than the previews were. I hope this doesn't last for long.

Nezy

Postby Nezy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:01 pm

I expect this with primetime shows that are on once a week, not a soap opera we see 5 days a week with all new episodes. I don't like this.

georgygirl222

Postby georgygirl222 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:53 am

Nezy wrote:I expect this with primetime shows that are on once a week, not a soap opera we see 5 days a week with all new episodes. I don't like this.

I agree...~*NEWSFLASH WRITERS*~

Y&R isn't PrimeTime...never will be. It is a soap and we faithful viewers don't need to be reminded of what we saw THE DAY BEFORE! :shock:

Prime Time shows use the 'Previously on' thingy to jog our memories on something that happened maybe weeks before, but only if it is pertinent to what we will be watching this episode.

hesaidwhat

Postby hesaidwhat » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:13 am

IPOC wrote:Go back to the way it was...I always looked forward to the "Next" thingy....This new way bytes.

I like it. [Because] Mal Young has decided to attempt to make each weekday we watch a new day in Genoa City I think that the "previously on Y&R" helps with continuity of storytelling. It also makes it seems "edgier" and more fast-paced, which I like. Ultimately, I think it orients the audience because when they first switched to the every-day-a-new-day format so many of us were like "Wait, what? Did I miss something? Let me rewind the DVR". Do we really need previews with the spoilers on this board and the comings and goings section?

lindaj18

Postby lindaj18 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:53 am

Bad idea..HATE THIS.. What's more.. they're showing us some scenes they said we've seen & I HAVE NOT SEEN THEM!! Go back the way it was..Much prefer the "Next"..This really perturbs me & gives me one more reason to try to stop watching.. It's waaay too jolting!!!

Return to “The Young and the Restless”