Will Mariah be deemed a hypocrite for judging Scott?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
LoganH8tr

Re: Will Mariah be deemed a hypocrite for judging Scott?

Postby LoganH8tr » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:00 am

I love me some Messa...But yes Mariah is being a huge hypocrite.

And remember...She came to town trying to break up Tyler and Abby ...who were engaged.

Mariah conveniently finds morals when it is necessary to prop Sharon.

yandrfan99

Postby yandrfan99 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:18 am

Hablas wrote:
1gypsy soul wrote:Mariah and Tessa kissed only once and never had sex and never kissed multiple times.
Scott on the other hand has had kissed Abby multiple times and has had sex with and said he wanted to do it again while in a relationship with Sharon. BIG difference one would say.

It is a huge difference.

It is a big difference Mariah is protecting her mother against being hurt that does not make her a hypocrite it makes her a loving daughter.

fussymary

Postby fussymary » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:54 am

Mariah is that she really loves Sharon :)

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:10 pm

JaggedEdge wrote:
Dkingz1130 wrote:She kissed her brother’s girlfriend.

She's deemed a hypocrite by me.

If everyone was blocked from doing the right thing by the knowledge of being imperfect them selves, not much right would ever get done, would it? It is hard to say if there would ever have been a real romance between Mariah and Tessa but it looks as if they have both backed away from it and the storyline will probably be dropped so we may never know. I like that Mariah is trying to protect her mother. As many times as Sharon has been hurt & betrayed by the men she has loved, she never gives up hope of finding happiness and I admire that.

JaggedEdge

Postby JaggedEdge » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:21 pm

Blue 501 wrote:
JaggedEdge wrote:
Dkingz1130 wrote:She kissed her brother’s girlfriend.

She's deemed a hypocrite by me.

If everyone was blocked from doing the right thing by the knowledge of being imperfect them selves, not much right would ever get done, would it? It is hard to say if there would ever have been a real romance between Mariah and Tessa but it looks as if they have both backed away from it and the storyline will probably be dropped so we may never know. I like that Mariah is trying to protect her mother. As many times as Sharon has been hurt & betrayed by the men she has loved, she never gives up hope of finding happiness and I admire that.

Is she protecting her mother? She just found out Scott has kissed Abby, but is she telling Sharon, no. She's going to sit on it and give him the chance to kiss Abby behind Sharon's back again and he will. Little does she know he's actually had sex with Abby. Protecting her mom would be to tell her now. She shouldn't want a liar and cheat to proceed with her mother at all. Who's protecting Noah from her?

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:36 pm

I think Mariah will not tell Sharon unless she has to b/c she does not want to be the one to deliver heart breaking news to her. If it's just a kiss or two, there is a chance Scott will realize he does not want to risk the possibility of real love & a family (which he has never really had) with Sharon just for a bit of tickle & bounce with Abby. If she sees signs that there is more going on, I think she WILL tell Sharon even though Sharon may hate her for it (for a while). Meanwhile, Faith may not be able to keep quiet. And, alas, I DO think Sharon needs to know. How will she feel when she finds out two of the people she loves best in the world, her daughters, both knew Scott was a cheater & kept the secret from her? She will feel that they all three have betrayed her & allowed her to look like a fool. On the other hand, there is the "shoot the messenger" syndrome in which she will not believe them if they tell her.

LovetheWinters

Postby LovetheWinters » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:51 pm

Nezy wrote:Mariah kissing Tessa was a betrayal to Noah, there is no getting around that. It is hypocritical, but it doesn't mean she has no room to put Scott in his place b/c of it. She shouldn't let Scott get away with what he did with abby b/c of her thing with Tessa, although I have a feeling that Mariah isn't going to be quick to run to Sharon with this news. I think the writers intend on prolonging this for now, Mariah running to Sharon would be too easy.

I agree with this. Initially I felt she was not a hypocrite but I guess she is. However, none of that matters. Sharon is her mother. Should she turn a blind eye to Scott's betrayal b/c she kissed Tessa? No!

Unmedicated

Postby Unmedicated » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:59 am

autie wrote:She ended things with Devon. If she moved in with him and continued doing things then maybe.. I don't think she's a hypocrite, besides that's her Mother.

Exactly.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”