Mamie Johnson Profile

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
PurrrrrrrKitty

Mamie Johnson Profile

Postby PurrrrrrrKitty » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:03 pm

There has been a discussion regarding Mamie.. so, I looked up her profile.. Jill gave her a million dollars to leave town.... it was not John Abbott..

Mamie was a major character for a long time.. but it was a also a LONG time ago..

Check it out.. if you are interested.. I had forgotten so much of this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mamie_Johnson_(The_Young_and_the_Restless)

KANSAN

Re: Mamie Johnson Profile

Postby KANSAN » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:17 pm

PurrrrrrrKitty wrote:There has been a discussion regarding Mamie.. so, I looked up her profile.. Jill gave her a million dollars to leave town.... it was not John Abbott..

Mamie was a major character for a long time.. but it was a also a LONG time ago..

Check it out.. if you are interested.. I had forgotten so much of this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mamie_Johnson_(The_Young_and_the_Restless)

What was Victor's longtime servant's name? Was it Miguel? Sometimes I thought the staff for those families had more sense than the ones who lived there - lol

Bonseigneur

Postby Bonseigneur » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:54 pm

Thanks for bringing up Migel!!!!!!!!! :P He was a great character; it would have been nice to expand his role and have him as a confidant for Victor to talk to about everything going on in his personal and professional life at Newman. As it stands now Victor actually has no one on the show to really talk to so the viewer always just always sees him as this villain going up against his self-righteous family members (Nicki & Nicholas in particular) and or talking about some legal matter with Paul and or Michael. :roll: The only time the viewer sees Victor as vulnerable is when he is with Abby/Faith/& other Baby Grand-children :!:

PurrrrrrrKitty

Postby PurrrrrrrKitty » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:09 pm

Bonseigneur wrote:Thanks for bringing up Migel!!!!!!!!! :P He was a great character; it would have been nice to expand his role and have him as a confidant for Victor to talk to about everything going on in his personal and professional life at Newman. As it stands now Victor actually has no one on the show to really talk to so the viewer always just always sees him as this villain going up against his self-righteous family members (Nicki & Nicholas in particular) and or talking about some legal matter with Paul and or Michael. :roll: The only time the viewer sees Victor as vulnerable is when he is with Abby/Faith/& other Baby Grand-children :!:

Victor's best friend and confidant was Colonel Austin.. if anyone remembers him.. but the actor passed away.. hence they did away with the character.. Colonel Austin was a very interesting character. one who Victor talked everything over with..

1gypsy soul

Postby 1gypsy soul » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:56 pm

I enjoyed all 3 characters mentioned in previous posts. They all had redeeming qualities and were lovable and funny and logical.

fussymary

Postby fussymary » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:33 pm

Love this thread and thanks for sharing. Loved all the above mentioned all really great characters. Correct me if I am wrong but I think I recall John Abott have a fling or a love affair with Mamie. I think :? :?

dyngbat42

Postby dyngbat42 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:50 pm

Those were three great characters. Mamie was so pretty and was also sort of a surrogate mother to the Abbot children. She and John cared for each other and would have made a great couple, but nothing ever happened between them. Don't remember why she left the show but she was missed for a long time.

I liked Colonel Austin, he had a British accent and with Victor, always "told it like it is". They called each other "Old Boy" and had some amusing conversations.

Miguel was a very handsome man, always beautifully groomed in his white jacket. He spent time with Victoria who was a toddler, and was often her confidant when her parents were at odds.

It's hard to find many endearing characters on the show any more, they're all busy trashing each other, and it gets depressing sometimes.

dyngbat42

Postby dyngbat42 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:50 pm

Those were three great characters. Mamie was so pretty and was also sort of a surrogate mother to the Abbot children. She and John cared for each other and would have made a great couple, but nothing ever happened between them. Don't remember why she left the show but she was missed for a long time.

I liked Colonel Austin, he had a British accent and with Victor, always "told it like it is". They called each other "Old Boy" and had some amusing conversations.

Miguel was a very handsome man, always beautifully groomed in his white jacket. He spent time with Victoria who was a toddler, and was often her confidant when her parents were at odds.

It's hard to find many endearing characters on the show any more, they're all busy trashing each other, and it gets depressing sometimes.

dyngbat42

Postby dyngbat42 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:52 pm

Sorry for the double post!

fussymary

Postby fussymary » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:14 pm

Although Mamie stood by John's side throughout the years through divorces and more health scares, it wasn't until John remarried Jill that Mamie found herself fighting for John and his love during another round of Jill's evil doings! After Jill became pregnant and gave birth to John's son Billy, Jill had another affair, which pushed John to file for divorce again. However, during a nasty custody battle, John's body gave out and he had a massive stroke. Again, Mamie was by his side and, this time, finally told John that she had loved him as long as she could remember. To Mamie's surprise, John felt the same! Unfortunately, feeling obligated to stay with Jill for the sake of his son, Mamie's heart was broken and she did the unthinkable

She took a one million dollar payoff from Jill to leave town and hopped on a cruise ship to sail the world! There have been few occasions since Mamie has graced Genoa City with her presence, and apparently her travels made it impossible to make it back for her beloved John's funeral

I had to look it up because I really thought they had a love affair, but the above is the history I found and copied. Oh I loved Y and R back then ;)

Return to “The Young and the Restless”