The Revival of Chancellor Industries

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
User avatar
mollyandwally
Posts: 2032
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: The Revival of Chancellor Industries

Postby mollyandwally » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:27 pm

shalaydra75 wrote:
mollyandwally wrote: No it shouldn't be Jill's wannabe son, it should be her actual son, Phillip III, or her grandson Chance.
They are the only descendants' of Phillip Chancellor II. Katherine only owned Chancellor Industries because she murdered Phillip Chancellor II. It's HIS heirs that should be running Chancellor. Katherine already robbed them of ever knowing him, the least they could have is his company.

Devon is a McCall not a Chancellor. He got all Katherine's $$$, he didn't deserve to have more than Mac and Brock, but he got it, to think he's owned anything more is a joke.


We have had this debate before. I will reiterate. Numerous people who have watched Y&R from the beginning have said that Catherine owned the company and changed its name to appease Philip. The last time we debated this subject, another poster confirmed that CI belonged to Catherine'.

Devon got more than the others because Catherine has never given him money. When Catherine thought Cane was Philip, she offered to give him his inheritance. Cane refused to take it. I am sure she treated Mac and Brock the same way that she attempted to treat Cane. That would explain how Mack, a charity worker, was able to purchase 2 businesses in one year.


Poster's are not proof of anything, so their confirmation means nothing. If those "people" are writers, or someone with the show giving an interview, or if it is in one of the Y&R history books, please post a link or quote the article or book. If this was a storyline, please give the transcript date, or at least quote the exact dialog. If what you say is true, there should be plenty of evidence for it.

Besides, as already stated, the last 40 years of story, and the feud between Kay & Jill, would make no sense if Katherine was always the owner. There were quite a few stories in the early days, of Kay having no knowledge of how Chancellor Industries worked, that's why she hired others to run it for her. That's initially why Victor came to town.

Katherine never stated why Devon was given more money. That may be your or some other posters reasoning, or theory, but that does not make it so.

User avatar
shalaydra75
Posts: 3031
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: The Revival of Chancellor Industries

Postby shalaydra75 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:59 pm

mollyandwally wrote:
shalaydra75 wrote:
mollyandwally wrote: No it shouldn't be Jill's wannabe son, it should be her actual son, Phillip III, or her grandson Chance.
They are the only descendants' of Phillip Chancellor II. Katherine only owned Chancellor Industries because she murdered Phillip Chancellor II. It's HIS heirs that should be running Chancellor. Katherine already robbed them of ever knowing him, the least they could have is his company.

Devon is a McCall not a Chancellor. He got all Katherine's $$$, he didn't deserve to have more than Mac and Brock, but he got it, to think he's owned anything more is a joke.


We have had this debate before. I will reiterate. Numerous people who have watched Y&R from the beginning have said that Catherine owned the company and changed its name to appease Philip. The last time we debated this subject, another poster confirmed that CI belonged to Catherine'.

Devon got more than the others because Catherine has never given him money. When Catherine thought Cane was Philip, she offered to give him his inheritance. Cane refused to take it. I am sure she treated Mac and Brock the same way that she attempted to treat Cane. That would explain how Mack, a charity worker, was able to purchase 2 businesses in one year.


Poster's are not proof of anything, so their confirmation means nothing. If those "people" are writers, or someone with the show giving an interview, or if it is in one of the Y&R history books, please post a link or quote the article or book. If this was a storyline, please give the transcript date, or at least quote the exact dialog. If what you say is true, there should be plenty of evidence for it.

Besides, as already stated, the last 40 years of story, and the feud between Kay & Jill, would make no sense if Katherine was always the owner. There were quite a few stories in the early days, of Kay having no knowledge of how Chancellor Industries worked, that's why she hired others to run it for her. That's initially why Victor came to town.

Katherine never stated why Devon was given more money. That may be your or some other posters reasoning, or theory, but that does not make it so.

Posters who have never met with each other, but have the same memory is compelling evidence, especially since writers often rewrite stories.

User avatar
mollyandwally
Posts: 2032
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: The Revival of Chancellor Industries

Postby mollyandwally » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:19 pm

shalaydra75 wrote:
mollyandwally wrote:
shalaydra75 wrote:
We have had this debate before. I will reiterate. Numerous people who have watched Y&R from the beginning have said that Catherine owned the company and changed its name to appease Philip. The last time we debated this subject, another poster confirmed that CI belonged to Catherine'.

Devon got more than the others because Catherine has never given him money. When Catherine thought Cane was Philip, she offered to give him his inheritance. Cane refused to take it. I am sure she treated Mac and Brock the same way that she attempted to treat Cane. That would explain how Mack, a charity worker, was able to purchase 2 businesses in one year.


Poster's are not proof of anything, so their confirmation means nothing. If those "people" are writers, or someone with the show giving an interview, or if it is in one of the Y&R history books, please post a link or quote the article or book. If this was a storyline, please give the transcript date, or at least quote the exact dialog. If what you say is true, there should be plenty of evidence for it.

Besides, as already stated, the last 40 years of story, and the feud between Kay & Jill, would make no sense if Katherine was always the owner. There were quite a few stories in the early days, of Kay having no knowledge of how Chancellor Industries worked, that's why she hired others to run it for her. That's initially why Victor came to town.

Katherine never stated why Devon was given more money. That may be your or some other posters reasoning, or theory, but that does not make it so.

Posters who have never met with each other, but have the same memory is compelling evidence, especially since writers often rewrite stories.


Not really, especially if they're fan's of Devon or Tucker. Some viewers want to see, and interpret things, in the way that will benefit their favorite character.

Unfortunately Tucker was an add-on/retcon character, not a legacy character, so no stories in the past take him into account. Tucker is even a ret-con of a ret-con, since they use the Jill ret-con story of being Kay's daughter to produce Tucker. Then they ret-conned Devon's past to fit into the Tucker Retcon. It's a triple ret-con and nowhere in that did they make Kay the owner. In fact they did the opposite they confirmed Phillip as founder.

If Katherine was truly always the owner of CI the audience would know it, not just a couple random posters. Phillip is assumed by viewers to owner of Chancellor Industries because he was always assumed to be. Everything is called Chancellor for a reason. All the stories were written as if Phillip was the owner.

If it was Kay's that would have called it Sterling, her family name. Most viewers couldn't even tell you her maiden name. There was no reason to know it.

User avatar
shalaydra75
Posts: 3031
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: The Revival of Chancellor Industries

Postby shalaydra75 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:48 pm

mollyandwally wrote:Not really, especially if they're fan's of Devon or Tucker. Some viewers want to see, and interpret things, in the way that will benefit their favorite character.

Unfortunately Tucker was an add-on/retcon character, not a legacy character, so no stories in the past take him into account. Tucker is even a ret-con of a ret-con, since they use the Jill ret-con story of being Kay's daughter to produce Tucker. Then they ret-conned Devon's past to fit into the Tucker Retcon. It's a triple ret-con and nowhere in that did they make Kay the owner. In fact they did the opposite they confirmed Phillip as founder.

If Katherine was truly always the owner of CI the audience would know it, not just a couple random posters. Phillip is assumed by viewers to owner of Chancellor Industries because he was always assumed to be. Everything is called Chancellor for a reason. All the stories were written as if Phillip was the owner.

If it was Kay's that would have called it Sterling, her family name. Most viewers couldn't even tell you her maiden name. There was no reason to know it.

Since posters and older viewers to whom I spoke are just as important part of the audience than anybody else, the audience knows that that CI was Catherine's company.

I do not know if the posters who confirmed that CI was Catherine's, are Devon and Tucker fans. I know the elderly viewers in my family are not Tucker fans.

User avatar
mollyandwally
Posts: 2032
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: The Revival of Chancellor Industries

Postby mollyandwally » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:02 pm

shalaydra75 wrote:
mollyandwally wrote:Not really, especially if they're fan's of Devon or Tucker. Some viewers want to see, and interpret things, in the way that will benefit their favorite character.

Unfortunately Tucker was an add-on/retcon character, not a legacy character, so no stories in the past take him into account. Tucker is even a ret-con of a ret-con, since they use the Jill ret-con story of being Kay's daughter to produce Tucker. Then they ret-conned Devon's past to fit into the Tucker Retcon. It's a triple ret-con and nowhere in that did they make Kay the owner. In fact they did the opposite they confirmed Phillip as founder.

If Katherine was truly always the owner of CI the audience would know it, not just a couple random posters. Phillip is assumed by viewers to owner of Chancellor Industries because he was always assumed to be. Everything is called Chancellor for a reason. All the stories were written as if Phillip was the owner.

If it was Kay's that would have called it Sterling, her family name. Most viewers couldn't even tell you her maiden name. There was no reason to know it.


Since posters and older viewers to whom I spoke are just as important part of the audience than anybody else, the audience knows that that CI was Catherine's company.

I do not know if the posters who confirmed that CI was Catherine's, are Devon and Tucker fans. I know the elderly viewers in my family are not Tucker fans.


Well CI became Katherine's company after she killed Phillip, so yes it was hers . But most viewers do not think CI was ORIGINALLY Katherine's company, because it wasn't, she inherited it as his widow.

You may not know this but Jill owned CI and the Chancellor mansion for a nano second after Philip's death because they were married on his death bed. She and her mother moved into Chancellor mansion because Jill was the widow first. That couldn't have happened if Kay was actually the original owner. So ask your longtime watchers if they remember that. It was a big deal at the time

Later Katherine got her high priced lawyers to have her divorce declared invalid, which annulled Jill's marriage to him. Since Jill was no longer Phillip's widow she had to turn everything everything back over to Kay.

User avatar
shalaydra75
Posts: 3031
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: The Revival of Chancellor Industries

Postby shalaydra75 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:20 pm

mollyandwally wrote:Since posters and older viewers to whom I spoke are just as important part of the audience than anybody else, the audience knows that that CI was Catherine's company.

I do not know if the posters who confirmed that CI was Catherine's, are Devon and Tucker fans. I know the elderly viewers in my family are not Tucker fans.


Well CI became Katherine's company after she killed Phillip, so yes it was hers . But most viewers do not think CI was ORIGINALLY Katherine's company, because it wasn't, she inherited it as his widow.

You may not know this but Jill owned CI and the Chancellor mansion for a nano second after Philip's death because they were married on his death bed. She and her mother moved into Chancellor mansion because Jill was the widow first. That couldn't have happened if Kay was actually the original owner. So ask your longtime watchers if they remember that. It was a big deal at the time

Later Katherine got her high priced lawyers to have her divorce declared invalid, which annulled Jill's marriage to him. Since Jill was no longer Phillip's widow she had to turn everything everything back over to Kay.[/quote]

Neither one of us knows what most viewers think. Y&R has over 4 million viewers, no more than 300 people are on this board.

User avatar
shalaydra75
Posts: 3031
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: The Revival of Chancellor Industries

Postby shalaydra75 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:20 pm

mollyandwally wrote:Since posters and older viewers to whom I spoke are just as important part of the audience than anybody else, the audience knows that that CI was Catherine's company.

I do not know if the posters who confirmed that CI was Catherine's, are Devon and Tucker fans. I know the elderly viewers in my family are not Tucker fans.


Well CI became Katherine's company after she killed Phillip, so yes it was hers . But most viewers do not think CI was ORIGINALLY Katherine's company, because it wasn't, she inherited it as his widow.

You may not know this but Jill owned CI and the Chancellor mansion for a nano second after Philip's death because they were married on his death bed. She and her mother moved into Chancellor mansion because Jill was the widow first. That couldn't have happened if Kay was actually the original owner. So ask your longtime watchers if they remember that. It was a big deal at the time

Later Katherine got her high priced lawyers to have her divorce declared invalid, which annulled Jill's marriage to him. Since Jill was no longer Phillip's widow she had to turn everything everything back over to Kay.
[/quote]

Neither one of us knows what most viewers think. Y&R has over 4 million viewers, no more than 300 people are on this board.

User avatar
effers
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:38 pm

Re: The Revival of Chancellor Industries

Postby effers » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:14 pm

Give it to the real family members. Bring back Mac and keep it with the women. That would be some good story telling. Much better than a greasy con guy.

User avatar
shalaydra75
Posts: 3031
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: The Revival of Chancellor Industries

Postby shalaydra75 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:26 pm

Cane does not have CI; he is just its CEO; it should belong to Catherine's kin rather than JIll.

InMyOpinion
Posts: 1268
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 10:25 pm

Re: The Revival of Chancellor Industries

Postby InMyOpinion » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:15 am

shalaydra75 wrote:Cane does not have CI; he is just its CEO; it should belong to Catherine's kin rather than JIll.


CI should belong to whoever bought it, and that's Jill..


Return to “The Young and the Restless”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ANorris, DirtySoaps, georgygirl222, gigglezz, keekeeeve, PurrrrrrrKitty, shalaydra75, Soaps91, terriesingz, twocentsworth and 1 guest

Back to Top