Please give me a break - Cane

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
User avatar
PurrrrrrrKitty
Posts: 6002
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:03 am

Re: Please give me a break - Cane

Postby PurrrrrrrKitty » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:49 pm

I stand corrected.. he did not enter as a top executive.. but as his Profile indicates.. his character has been changed several times.. so, none of really know what Cane's ability is.. All I really remember is that he came from a criminal family from Australia. The former writers wrote him as a total idiot.. who could barely add two and two..

It looks like these writers are going in a different direction.. so, all I can say is.. we will have to wait and see...

InMyOpinion
Posts: 1333
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 10:25 pm

Re: Please give me a break - Cane

Postby InMyOpinion » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:00 pm

WaveJumper wrote:I was thinking the same thing. He was such a fool at Brash & Sassy, couldn’t get a job after that and to get daddy get him a job from his wife Nd all of a sudden Ne is the “Buscinasx Man of the Year”. Just not believable at all! Hope he falls flat on his face.


I kinda remember Vikki blackballing him, it was even said on screen..I also remember Victoria going to his house along with her little sidekick Billy, embarrassing the man in front of his wife...Own yeah, there was that time she called him to her office and then complained to Michael that he showed up at her office, only to tell him, you're still fired. ..So yes Cane, do what you have to do.

monicalewis
Posts: 1477
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:57 pm

Re: Please give me a break - Cane

Postby monicalewis » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:48 pm

SadieM wrote:with the Juliet scandal (before she informed Cane she was pregnant) and the legal implications of it, it is unrealistic that Cane would get any big recognition this year.

I don't get what his personal life has to do with his recognition by the business community? Victoria made sure that Juliet would forfeit the money if word got out about the lawsuit. So they don't even know about it. Besides Victor has been in prison and done so many horrible things that the press got a hold of and it hasn't stopped him from be respected in the business world.


User avatar
ANorris
Posts: 6452
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:00 pm

Re: Please give me a break - Cane

Postby ANorris » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:22 pm

InMyOpinion wrote:
WaveJumper wrote:I was thinking the same thing. He was such a fool at Brash & Sassy, couldn’t get a job after that and to get daddy get him a job from his wife Nd all of a sudden Ne is the “Buscinasx Man of the Year”. Just not believable at all! Hope he falls flat on his face.


I kinda remember Vikki blackballing him, it was even said on screen..I also remember Victoria going to his house along with her little sidekick Billy, embarrassing the man in front of his wife...Own yeah, there was that time she called him to her office and then complained to Michael that he showed up at her office, only to tell him, you're still fired. ..So yes Cane, do what you have to do.



OH, you must mean when Cane was found paying off the blackmailer - and they thought that their employee, Lily, had a right to know who blew her commercial! Victoria did not blackball him she just did not want him going to Jabot, the competition of B&S - he could have worked anywhere else...

InMyOpinion
Posts: 1333
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 10:25 pm

Re: Please give me a break - Cane

Postby InMyOpinion » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:16 pm

ANorris wrote:
InMyOpinion wrote:
WaveJumper wrote:I was thinking the same thing. He was such a fool at Brash & Sassy, couldn’t get a job after that and to get daddy get him a job from his wife Nd all of a sudden Ne is the “Buscinasx Man of the Year”. Just not believable at all! Hope he falls flat on his face.


I kinda remember Vikki blackballing him, it was even said on screen..I also remember Victoria going to his house along with her little sidekick Billy, embarrassing the man in front of his wife...Own yeah, there was that time she called him to her office and then complained to Michael that he showed up at her office, only to tell him, you're still fired. ..So yes Cane, do what you have to do.




OH, you must mean when Cane was found paying off the blackmailer - and they thought that their employee, Lily, had a right to know who blew her commercial! Victoria did not blackball him she just did not want him going to Jabot, the competition of B&S - he could have worked anywhere else...


No, I mean exactly what I said..and she did blackball him..

User avatar
shalaydra75
Posts: 3257
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: Please give me a break - Cane

Postby shalaydra75 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:58 pm

PurrrrrrrKitty wrote:I stand corrected.. he did not enter as a top executive.. but as his Profile indicates.. his character has been changed several times.. so, none of really know what Cane's ability is.. All I really remember is that he came from a criminal family from Australia. The former writers wrote him as a total idiot.. who could barely add two and two..

It looks like these writers are going in a different direction.. so, all I can say is.. we will have to wait and see...

Writers have been consistent about Cane's business acumen. They showed him working his way up from a construction foreman to CEO. They showed him successfully guiding Jabot and CI through a SEC investigation, launching Chelsea's business, improving Lauren's business and lifting B&S out of the red. Now, when writers want to introduce new characters on Cane's back, they make him look stupid.

User avatar
effers
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:38 pm

Re: Please give me a break - Cane

Postby effers » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:11 pm

ANorris wrote:
InMyOpinion wrote:
WaveJumper wrote:I was thinking the same thing. He was such a fool at Brash & Sassy, couldn’t get a job after that and to get daddy get him a job from his wife Nd all of a sudden Ne is the “Buscinasx Man of the Year”. Just not believable at all! Hope he falls flat on his face.


I kinda remember Vikki blackballing him, it was even said on screen..I also remember Victoria going to his house along with her little sidekick Billy, embarrassing the man in front of his wife...Own yeah, there was that time she called him to her office and then complained to Michael that he showed up at her office, only to tell him, you're still fired. ..So yes Cane, do what you have to do.



OH, you must mean when Cane was found paying off the blackmailer - and they thought that their employee, Lily, had a right to know who blew her commercial! Victoria did not blackball him she just did not want him going to Jabot, the competition of B&S - he could have worked anywhere else...

People blackball themselves when they sabotage their employer for their own personal gain. The guy is poison and everyone knew it. Would you want him working for you???

User avatar
shalaydra75
Posts: 3257
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: Please give me a break - Cane

Postby shalaydra75 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:29 pm

effers wrote:People blackball themselves when they sabotage their employer for their own personal gain. The guy is poison and everyone knew it. Would you want him working for you???

If that was the case, only a few people would be working in GC.

User avatar
nytwhatevr
Posts: 1838
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:13 pm

Re: Please give me a break - Cane

Postby nytwhatevr » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:18 pm

Lizzytish wrote:
And while we're on the Cane subject -- I thought he had a lot of nerve telling Victoria he couldn't forget how she kicked him when he was down??? Really??? His shenanigans cost Brash and Sassy a bundle of money paying off Juliet for his debacle, and he has the nerve to be offended that she treated him badly. It probably cost her the company.


I agree. He was the one who screwed up and she was backing him till the truth came out. So he should have been gracious that she was extending the olive branch. And when Hilary was talking to Jack about what a heart warming redemption story Cane's is===and how he never played the victim. That's all he did!!! Everything was Victoria's fault---even up to today! Of course, Hilary probably wasn't privy to all those times he was boo-hooing about how mean Vikki was being to him.

User avatar
nytwhatevr
Posts: 1838
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:13 pm

Re: Please give me a break - Cane

Postby nytwhatevr » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:40 pm

......and another thing---- how long has Cane been following Lily around, begging her to take him back...that he's so sorry for what he did----don't throw what they had away, etc? Tells Hilary he thinks she still wants a divorce but is afraid to tell him. But then, she comes to his house to congratulate him, and he has to answer his phone at least twice. Then she calls him and asks him out to dinner and he blows her off????? Seriously???? What a tool!!! I could have accepted her taking him back if he talked to her and then went out to dinner. But for someone who couldn't get a job for months--and now he's some overnight whiz kid----he has to keep answering calls telling him how great he is, and then he's too busy for dinner with Lily? Oh, Lily puh-leeze go through with the divorce. (And I hope the kids find out he turned her down. Maybe they'll finally cut her some slack)


Return to “The Young and the Restless”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Back to Top