Can We Please Have A Good Decent Character On this Show!!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Snizzle

Re: Can We Please Have A Good Decent Character On this Show!!

Postby Snizzle » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:47 pm

Quote Sunnyflower:
Quote Snizzle:
Quote Sunnyflower: Good characters bore me. I enjoy self-centered characters who make me laugh, like Seinfeld.

God I miss that show. %(

I dont wanna see a goody character either...but i would like for the DRAMA to be something new ....

Me too! I want to be surprised.

it seems they either write off or kill the "goody" ones..maybe Neil will be next...and i wouldnt complain

aym0402

Postby aym0402 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:49 pm

Quote Snizzle:
Quote Sunnyflower:
Quote Snizzle:
Quote Sunnyflower: Good characters bore me. I enjoy self-centered characters who make me laugh, like Seinfeld.

God I miss that show. %(

I dont wanna see a goody character either...but i would like for the DRAMA to be something new ....

it seems they either write off or kill the "goody" ones..maybe Neil will be next...and i wouldnt complain

I was hoping that Amber was next b/c the last two ppl who had the stolen money were whacked!!! :-)

Snizzle

Postby Snizzle » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:49 pm

Quote aym0402:
Quote Snizzle:
Quote Sunnyflower:
Quote Snizzle:

God I miss that show. %(

I was hoping that Amber was next b/c the last two ppl who had the stolen money were whacked!!! :-)

LMAO!!! maybe next time!!!

gommie

Postby gommie » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:50 pm

Quote Sunnyflower:
Quote gommie:
Quote Sunnyflower: I don't really understand what you guys want. The majority of the current characters live good decent lives. Some have done bad things, but people, good people, sometimes do bad things. That is what being human is all about.

I don't see how you guys could have what you want without the character being a major snooze-a-thon.

Good does not bore me sunny- nor put me to sleep -but constant dose's of evil put me in just the worst mood you can imagine. It really screws up my feng shui-THERE ARE GOOD PEOPLE IN THE REAL WORLD.... we need some good people in the soap world for balance-Most of these people work over time at one upping the guy sitting next to him.......

Of course there are good people in the world, but those people's sole purpose, unlike the characters on Y&R, isn't to entertain me for 1 hour each day. :-) :-)

I get real sick , real fast of being entertained by evil...somehow it just holds no attraction for me....a little goes a long way as they say...........

Skyrider

Postby Skyrider » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:52 pm

Quote Snizzle:
Quote Sunnyflower:
Quote Snizzle:

God I miss that show. %(

Kill off Neil... If the writers did that there wouldnt be any more African American's on the show I wouldnt want that.

Snizzle

Postby Snizzle » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:54 pm

sure there would be..karen i think?... and lily..they are black as well...I rather see a well used African American on the show..instead of one that has the same tired s/l's

aym0402

Postby aym0402 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:54 pm

IMO, Neil is Vic's "yes man." Victor tells him to jump and Neil says, "how high?" I preferred Nathan (the original w/the Jheri curl) over Neil. Dru was the best thing to happen to Neil; without her, he's dull.

Skyrider

Postby Skyrider » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:00 pm

Quote Snizzle: sure there would be..karen(isnt her dad van peebles?)i think?... and lily..they are black as well...I rather see a well used African American on the show..instead of one that has the same tired s/l's
No disrecpet but it sounds like you would prefer . A non African American free show if you ask me ...However I enjoy seeing my people and Neil dose a great job very professional mannor .

Snizzle

Postby Snizzle » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:02 pm

excuse me....i am black as well....just because we are BLACK doesnt mean we have to put up with BLACKS being used as a minor s/l on a soap and ANYTHING else...just because it's black..dont mean we blacks..gotta like it.

pdames4

Postby pdames4 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:03 pm

Quote Sunnyflower:
Quote gommie:
Quote Sunnyflower: I don't really understand what you guys want. The majority of the current characters live good decent lives. Some have done bad things, but people, good people, sometimes do bad things. That is what being human is all about.

I don't see how you guys could have what you want without the character being a major snooze-a-thon.

Good does not bore me sunny- nor put me to sleep -but constant dose's of evil put me in just the worst mood you can imagine. It really screws up my feng shui-THERE ARE GOOD PEOPLE IN THE REAL WORLD.... we need some good people in the soap world for balance-Most of these people work over time at one upping the guy sitting next to him.......

Of course there are good people in the world, but those people's sole purpose, unlike the characters on Y&R, isn't to entertain me for 1 hour each day. :-) :-)

I agree with you Sunny. The world is just not Black and White, IMO. There are shades of grey. I would never be able to watch a show that portrayed everybody as squeeky clean. I love Catherine Chancellor. She has not lived her life playing nicey nice all the time and that's why I find her such an interesting character. She is fair, honest when she is dealing with others who are the same and she just exudes wisdom, IMO.
I read the article on Christian LeBlanc who expressed in detail why he loves the character of Michael Baldwin and I can understand why.
Everybody makes mistakes and sometimes it takes some longer than others to find their way, but when they do, it just makes it more exciting to me knowing where they came from and how much they've learned. JMO ;)

Return to “The Young and the Restless”