Help me to understand????

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Plot-Twister

Re: Help me to understand????

Postby Plot-Twister » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:46 am

I don't understand why Nick should have to change his name. Everyone knows what he looks like, should he have plastic surgery too? I don't mean to sound snide, but Victor's contacts are Nick's too. Victor might have known them longer, but Nick knows them too.

The point is that it is Nick's money. He can't withdrawl it, but he can borrow against it. I don't see why he has to change everything about himself to start a new company. Then, he wouldn't be Nick anymore.

They all move in these circles of power. That circle consists of the same people. As for letting Nick grow a business, well, that is what he is trying to do. Yeah, he is partnering with Jack, who Victor hates, but Nick and Jack have always had a strong bond ever since he was Nick's stepdad.

goodwitch1956

Postby goodwitch1956 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:11 am

I wonder if Victor recalls who paid his bail which Iam sure was high. It was his Son that has betrayed him. Has Victor paid him back.

I want Nick and Jack to do well in there business venture.

Being a parent sometime you have to let go and let live
Also you should support your childern in their dreams

Its his money thats all that matters hissssssssssss not Victors

1NerveLeft

Postby 1NerveLeft » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:17 pm

A trust fund is a trust fund. It's Nick's money at this point regardless of his relationship with Victor. It is really bothering me the way Victor is acting. My parenting style is different. I want to see my kids do good...whether I am mad at them or not. I would never intentionally try to undermind everything the way Victor is doing. It is really bothering me. Why can't he let Nick have a chance of success or failure without his interference. It's driving me nuts!!!! ~)

JanND

Postby JanND » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:25 pm

Maybe Nick can cash in his Newman Enterprises stock. He is sure to have some. That would really get to Victor. Wonder what happened to the money from the sale of the coffee house. And aren't JT and Vikki buying Sharon's house from her divorce settlement? That should bring in some dough.

KeepingItReal

Postby KeepingItReal » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:26 pm

Quote Plot-Twister: Nick is capatilizing on his connections of being a Newman. I don't really see any problem with it. Nick is being responsible and trying to fund his dream. He doesn't want other investors telling him what to do. That was the problem he had while he was working for his father.

It is not Nick's fault that he was born into a wealthy family. Victor set up the trust fund for him. Nick can't use it until he is 40. So, he is taking a loan out against it. I don't see a problem with that either. It is a secured loan. In a way, he is using it, but he is using it for what he wants - his dream. It is not like he is borrowing against it for drugs or evil.

When Victor hit him with that line about how he hopes Noah doesn't treat him the way Nick treats him, Nick should have said something like "I'm going to be a supportive father not a absentee dictator". Nick needs to stand up for himself. He does his standing up in a very passive/aggressive way. He ignores his dad, hooks up with Jack etc. He just needs to be more assertive. I think that is what bugs Victor the most - that Nick is more like Nikki.

Now, if the hahvahd graduate, 2nd in his class wanted to open a rag mag, Vic would be all over it, not to mention in it, trying to control it.

I see we on the same page! Right on!

Oh yes Nick should of fired back with that!!

KeepingItReal

Postby KeepingItReal » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:27 pm

Quote Lilamoor: Victor again proved himself as the unsupportive father when he and Nikki were having dinner. He pretty much suggested it was a fault when Nikki said Nick was more like her, whereas Victoria and Vicjr are like their Dad.
Instead of understanding when Nikki pointed out to him that Nick just wanted his support in what he chose to do, Victor in his usual arrogant manner, shot her down, left the table with the comment that they should have had dinner at seperate tables.
Yet again he proved he is a father who does not understand unconditional love.
I believe that he will do anything he can to sabatogue Nick's efforts to be successful because he choosing to work with Jack.
Victor can not abide anyone who breaks free of his control.

Yep and he sure did enjoy his steak....he's good. But vindictive.

goodwitch1956

Postby goodwitch1956 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:58 pm

Victor Demands lolalty but in return gives none

Plot-Twister

Postby Plot-Twister » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:59 pm

Quote goodwitch1956: Victor Demands lolalty but in return gives none

Good one!

goodwitch1956

Postby goodwitch1956 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:02 pm

yes thanks so much plot twister
I hate to love Victor but its just him
i am a mother of two and will always believe in my childrens dreams

Plot-Twister

Postby Plot-Twister » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:12 pm

Same here GoodWitch! Victor might have been raised in an orphanage, but his children are not. Maybe he doesn't know how to show love any other way?

Return to “The Young and the Restless”